Starting to get annoyed with apple, anybody else

2008bangkok

Dude nobody is coping s attitude but i was looking for advice off people who own iphones, you obviously dont own a iphone otherwise you would know that you cannot move pictures and you would know that if you delete from camera roll it still shows in moments view, but you posted half baked shit that make you look stupid

See what I mean....try to help this guy and he starts throwing insults and attitude. You can tell some people really have unhappy bitter lives.

Listen dude:

1) I do have an iPhone. If I delete a photo from the camera roll and it didn't upload to photo stream, the photo is GONE. From everywhere. From all albums, from collections, from any and every view.

2) You can move photos into albums. Go to the album, touch select, touch add...and add any photo from your camera roll to the album.

3) Camera roll is a roll of ALL your photos on the phone. It's not an album. If you delete a photo from the camera roll, it deletes it from the phone....again like I said in 1...it deletes it totally all albums, all views.

4) If you want to to remove the photo from the camera roll and keep it somewhere else....USE ANOTHER SERVICE. iOS is amazingly versatile and open. You can use:

- Google+ photos

- Facebook

- Flickr

- Dropbox

- Box.com

- Camera+

and about a jillion other photo services.

So STOP copping attitude and throwing insults and chill out to someone WHO IS TRYING TO HELP YOU.

Geezus some people.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Yet again just because of ur anwser no2 puts u in a world of I don't know shit, I have 1 iPhone, 1 iPod and 2 iPads and none if them are able to move photos unless urs is special

Create a album and move the pic to that album and the. Tell me it's gone from camera roll and it's in the new album then delete a photo from camera roll and tell me it's gone froments then say sorry

Read #3 again. And read #4 again.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude nobody is coping s attitude but i was looking for advice off people who own iphones, you obviously dont own a iphone otherwise you would know that you cannot move pictures and you would know that if you delete from camera roll it still shows in moments view, but you posted half baked shit that make you look stupid

See what I mean....try to help this guy and he starts throwing insults and attitude. You can tell some people really have unhappy bitter lives.

Listen dude:

1) I do have an iPhone. If I delete a photo from the camera roll and it didn't upload to photo stream, the photo is GONE. From everywhere. From all albums, from collections, from any and every view.

2) You can move photos into albums. Go to the album, touch select, touch add...and add any photo from your camera roll to the album.

3) Camera roll is a roll of ALL your photos on the phone. It's not an album. If you delete a photo from the camera roll, it deletes it from the phone....again like I said in 1...it deletes it totally all albums, all views.

4) If you want to to remove the photo from the camera roll and keep it somewhere else....USE ANOTHER SERVICE. iOS is amazingly versatile and open. You can use:

- Google+ photos

- Facebook

- Flickr

- Dropbox

- Box.com

- Camera+

So STOP copping attitude and throwing insults and chill out to someone WHO IS TRYING TO HELP YOU.

Geezus some people.

Yet again just because of ur anwser no2 puts u in a world of I don't know shit, I have 1 iPhone, 1 iPod and 2 iPads and none if them are able to move photos unless urs is special

Create a album and move the pic to that album and the. Tell me it's gone from camera roll and it's in the new album then delete a photo from camera roll and tell me it's gone froments then say sorry

Read #3 again. And read #4 again.

Ni3 is exactly my beef it's stupid to not be able to move from ALL photos to ur own album and it get removed from ALL photos and into there own album

This thread reminds me of the BMW riders in the UK in the 1960/70s era. They owned what they percieved as the best bikes and only they were allowed to criticise them. The more superior they felt the louder the criticism.

The analogy is there with phones, "My phone is more expensive than yours so I can criticise it". If you don't like your phone, exchange it for another.

Just wait for the BMW owners who use iPhones.................................

Ni3 is exactly my beef it's stupid to not be able to move from ALL photos to ur own album and it get removed from ALL photos and into there own album

IMHO, that would be a stupid and inefficient way to do it. I like having Camera Roll with ALL my photos. If I want a particular photo, I don't want to have to go searching through different galleries. I know it'll be in camera roll. Then anytime I can tag that photo into different galleries.

To me it makes perfect sense and a GREAT way to easily organize. If only want to see a particular grouping, I look at a gallery. If I want to see ALL my photos regardless of grouping, I look at the camera roll.

Easy Peasy. It's great.

When i lived in the UK, i had a contract with O2, they sent me a Iphone 1, 2, 3 and 4. All were returned within 2 weeks because they were faulty. They eventually sent me a Samsung Android phone. Brilliant, the battery lasts 3-4 days and it wirelessly talks to my PC, to transfer pictures and music. If this phone ever breaks, i will replace it with another Samsung.Oh, and Samsung's don't cost the earth, ( Unlike Apples) lol.

PS, i don't work for Samsung biggrin.png

I used an iPhone 3S for 2.5 years, never a problem with it. Decided to upgrade, sold the 3S for a good price actually, got an HTC HD Desire. Problems from day one with with this phone that was more expensive than my iPhone. Oh so fun to constantly be troubleshooting around the buggy Android OS, waiting for months for HTC to send out the latest updates, trying apps that often never worked.

Kept it a year, finally sold it for about a quarter of what I bought it for, got an iPhone 4S. Have had it for 2.5 years, never one problem, rock solid, a real workhorse. Battery after 2.5 years needs a little boost during the day, but gets me through if I don't play with it too much.

Recently played with the idea of the Note 3, my friend got one recently and I helped him set it up. Nice big screen, good camera, kinda fun having a large size like that. But also feels cheap and a bit half baked. Give me the rock solid iPhone any day. I'll be happy keeping my 4S for another 6 months and will happily wait for the 6 to come out (or 6S more likely :).

Listen dude:

- Google+ photos

- Facebook

- Flickr

- Dropbox

- Box.com

- Camera+

Geezus some people.

If you could write to us in English we might be able to be a bit more helpful.

Sell your iPhone and get out.

That's the solution.

I got an LG G2 and will never ever go back.

Apple killed my 4s starting with 6.0.1. Now they're doing it with 7.1 again. Because your iPhone must be obsolete within 2 years. Apple will make certain of that.

Listen dude:

- Google+ photos

- Facebook

- Flickr

- Dropbox

- Box.com

- Camera+

Geezus some people.

If you could write to us in English we might be able to be a bit more helpful.

I made the mistake of syncing my pictures. My laptop was stolen. Now because of iOS stupid restrictions I have 1,600 pictures locked in the phone forever.

IPhones, Apple, iTunes. It's all so ridiculous.

IMHO, that would be a stupid and inefficient way to do it. I like having Camera Roll with ALL my photos. If I want a particular photo, I don't want to have to go searching through different galleries. I know it'll be in camera roll. Then anytime I can tag that photo into different galleries.

To me it makes perfect sense and a GREAT way to easily organize. If only want to see a particular grouping, I look at a gallery. If I want to see ALL my photos regardless of grouping, I look at the camera roll.

Easy Peasy. It's great.

It's not great, it's retarded.

You should be able to,move your pictures to where ever you want. You should be able to access the phones file system. Browse all the folders.

You always have a view all view if you want to look at all 5,000 picture at once. Which is also retarded.

When I open my Photos I see all the folders. All organized. If I want to see all, I choose View All Files. I can hide folders, do anything I want to. Plug it into my computer, drag and drop pictures and,music and everything, without having to install anything.

Edited by computerguy
  • Like 1

This thread reminds me of the BMW riders in the UK in the 1960/70s era. They owned what they percieved as the best bikes and only they were allowed to criticise them. The more superior they felt the louder the criticism.

The analogy is there with phones, "My phone is more expensive than yours so I can criticise it". If you don't like your phone, exchange it for another.

Just wait for the BMW owners who use iPhones.................................

Your analogy is flawed. You are coming into a room where everybody likes and is talking about their Apple products, And then you start to bash said products. What type of response are you expecting?

I don't feel 'superior' about using iPhones or iWhatevers. I was a Windoze user from 1992 til 2010, dabbling in Ubuntu on occasion. I avoided Apple and had many ideas about the platform that were formed from people like you. Then I got an iPod, then an iPhone, then iPad, MBP, and finally my latest member of the family, an iMac 27". The reason why? Great quality, even here, have not had one problem yet with any product I have bought from this company, because the build is so good.

If you miss troubleshooting problems on your phones or computers for hours, or tinkering around with the inner workings of your Windoze machines, by all means have fun and be careful of viruses. I'm beyond all that and want a machine that has great programs that work all the time, so I can stop the tinkering madness and get to work.

Edited by tominbkk
  • Like 1

I made the mistake of syncing my pictures. My laptop was stolen. Now because of iOS stupid restrictions I have 1,600 pictures locked in the phone forever.

Just off the top of my head I can easily think of over a half dozen ways you can get photos off an iPhone without having to install anything. Another half dozen involve getting a certain app.

You are hardly locked in. That's what makes iOS so great! Very flexible without all the crapware and malware of Android.

Go to photos, touch the little share icon on a photo, touch next....and there they all are, top row.

Don't like those? Ok...there's Dropbox, Box.com, M$ Skydrive, Google Drive, Google +, various multitude of Adobe apps and methods like Photoshop and Revel, Good Reader....

...on and on and on and on.

iOS is incredibly flexible...and many many MANY non-Apple options.

Edited by DaveBKK

Question,

The GF has an iphone, I have a laptop which runs Windows 7. How can I contact her on Facetime? Currently she borrows a friends laptop and we Skype but I had a quick search and there doesn't seem to be a Facetime program compatible with Windows. If anyone knows of one I would appreciate the info.

There is an App called LINE. Check it out.

Go to photos, touch the little share icon on a photo, touch next....and there they all are, top row.

Don't like those? Ok...there's Dropbox, Box.com, M$ Skydrive, Google Drive, Google +, various multitude of Adobe apps and methods like Photoshop and Revel, Good Reader....

...on and on and on and on.

iOS is incredibly flexible...and many many MANY non-Apple options.

You do make me laugh u know nothing about nothing and every time u open ur mouth it shows.

U said if I'm not mistaken that u know 6 ways to get ur photos off. iPhone without using anything them the challenge gets put out and u say Dropbox skydrive etc and put them I to iCloud lol

Do you not need to have Dropbox skydrive etc as a account to copy them? And does iCloud not reduced the resolution of the photos?

I'm trying to help out here and you chose to throw personal insults. Think about how that reflects on your education and upbringing.

I said open the menu on the iPhone. There are 6 ways to share photos built right into the iPhone itself, no iTunes no Apple and/or addtl software needed. Several web accessible.

In ADDITION I listed some alternatives. Many. Many.

No iCloud doesn't reduce resolution when photos are downloaded from web or to PC/Mac. Look it up apple support site photostream FAQ.

Everything I've said and suggested is 100% accurate. Stop trying to refute me. It's foolish and it's a trolly thing to do.

I won't respond further if all you're trying to do is argue or troll. If you are respectful and need genuine help or advice, I'll respond.

• Like 1

Question,

The GF has an iphone, I have a laptop which runs Windows 7. How can I contact her on Facetime? Currently she borrows a friends laptop and we Skype but I had a quick search and there doesn't seem to be a Facetime program compatible with Windows. If anyone knows of one I would appreciate the info.

Cheers. I know she uses line so that would be ideal. I'll check it out.

• Like 1

Question,

Cheers. I know she uses line so that would be ideal. I'll check it out.

I'm a new convert to LINE, which works on Android and Apple. Works really well to send SMS, photos and videos. Also does video calls, but can be juddery, I guess because of bandwidth issues in Thailand. I'm worried because I'm starting to become a sticker addict. LOL. You'll see!

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Just off the top of my head I can easily think of over a half dozen ways you can get photos off an iPhone without having to install anything. Another half dozen involve getting a certain app.

You are hardly locked in. That's what makes iOS so great! Very flexible without all the crapware and malware of Android.

Really.. List 6 ways I can plug in an iPhone with synced folders and get those pictures out without installing anything.

Apple only allows access to the Camera roll.that's it.

Go ahead.

There is NO WAY to get pictures off an iPhone once they're synced and off your camera roll. No way without installing and buying apps and jailbreaking.

The only people at risk of malware are those who bypass the security to install apks from the internet.

There's only people who say that are apple fanboys .

There is no crapware. That's only in the USA where phones are locked to the carrier.

There isn't risk of malware unless you're installing apk files off the internet. You have to disable the phone's security to do that. Nothing can install without my permission.

Edited by computerguy

I'm trying to help out here and you chose to throw personal insults. Think about how that reflects on your education and upbringing.

I said open the menu on the iPhone. There are 6 ways to share photos built right into the iPhone itself, no iTunes no Apple and/or addtl software needed. Several web accessible.

In ADDITION I listed some alternatives. Many. Many.

No iCloud doesn't reduce resolution when photos are downloaded from web or to PC/Mac. Look it up apple support site photostream FAQ.

Everything I've said and suggested is 100% accurate. Stop trying to refute me. It's foolish and it's a trolly thing to do.

I won't respond further if all you're trying to do is argue or troll. If you are respectful and need genuine help or advice, I'll respond.

Nobody is trying to argue or troll and i apologise if i got a bit OTT, but some of you comments are not 100% accurate.

I think your missing the whole point of the threa which was even though i think apple have a good products, and like i said i have iphone, ipad x 2, ipod and a appletv the way they do things are floored and teh biggest one of all is that you cannot move photos from the camera roll into seperate albums, you said you could and quite clearly you cannot so that in itself is not 100% accuarte.

Lets take the same problem onto a pc if you had 4000 photos do you have them all plonked into 1 album and then create folders and put shortcut to the original images in the folders? Of course you dont you get the 4000 images you sort them into seperate albums and rename the albums whatever you want then bingo easy to find. so why cannot apple do that on the iphone?

I think being trolly is to not admit you are not correct but then give alternatives that are also not that good, if i wanted the photos off the phone in the first place id just plug into pc then open explorer, then copy the folder across but the whole point is i want them on the phone

:)

Been saying BS with Apple for the past 10 years but stuck with them do to all the Application licenses I own. I've been an active user with Apple since 1988. My first computer, the Mac Ci in 1990. Though I'm more of a workstation user, have had many and still have 2 devices left after Thailand stole many including the new iPhone 5s & the last gen 17" flagship BTO laptop. Still have my customized BTO Mac Pro workstation back in the US collecting dust.

The Apple OS or IOS has over that same period transformed into an eye candy device/computer broadening it's market appeal to include causal & admin users from the PC world, younger trend-vulnerable & computer illiterates who just want to be included in the social media world, email & web browsing. Apple has no need to support its customer base nor upgrade it's components to match its competitors, as marketing & fashion is all that is necessary to keep them atop.

The IOS will continue to grow with battery drainage but the battery will either remain or gradually increase. No need to decrease a products profit margin by spending more for R&D & manufacturing when they can upgrade the appearance, add a few minor changes (that were planned in increments many years prior) & still sell for the usual prices consumers expect. Marketing, Marketing, Marketing....when a new Apple device comes out, more likely, a consumer will dump the old one & upgrade to the new one as it's the fashionable trend.

Really, you have to Applaud them!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well said, you do have to applaud them, they have great hardware, good looking iOS but then it stops, there is not one app on the Iphone that you cannot find a better version on the app store, i mean come on why put contact pictures on the favourite contacts but nowhere else, just stupid!

saying that it still looks more polished than Android

Edited by 2008bangkok

Well said, you do have to applaud them, they have great hardware, good looking iOS but then it stops, there is not one app on the Iphone that you cannot find a better version on the app store, i mean come on why put contact pictures on the favourite contacts but nowhere else, just stupid!

saying that it still looks more polished than Android

Never mentioned hardware, it's all Chinese. Down to the most minute scrap of plastic or every part or whatever is Chinese, of the cheapest quality, but with Apple...rights bought & renamed as an Apple OEM part. If replaced, then from China. The hardware is garbage, thus the why I first get BTO builds, then later customize it myself.

But agree, an Android in the end is better. After my iPhone 5s, picked up an Android LG G2 & both battery & functionality are way more efficient. For laptops, recommend taking the specs of your favorite "Alienware", then building it yourself; workstation is flip toss depending on licenses owned.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand