Farmers fruit prices very low every where same in isaan?

Sandman77

Hello! The fruit prices on the market when the company comes and buy seems to change daily at the moment cucumber or papaya only between 4 and 7 bath for one kg or 10 bath

1 kg banana espadsly the papaya price are so low this year that we plan. To chancel the trees

Last weak we bought 130 banana trees now must wait one year until fruit come!

First year 0 profit next year around 200000 k , when my callculation is right!

I want know are everywhere in isaan all fruit have around same price range ? What fruit you think farmers profit is best or better?

Consider doing the opposite of what other farmers are doing,e.g.Your cutting the papaya trees because low price. If other farmers are doing the same-than you can pretty well count on price being high next year due to shortage of this fruit.

Lefty

• Like 2

My parents in law are also farmers and I'm sometimes wondering why they don't grow tomatoes, cucumbers, asparagus, etc...

It's so difficult, as they do what their forefathers did many hundred years ago. They don't have the knowledge to change.

Considering biological veggies, you could get decent money for something without chemicals, using biological ideas

. http://www.fao.org/docrep/004/ac145e/ac145e09.htm

If cucumbers retail at 15-20 per kilo, the wholesale price is always going to be 10 or below. Bananas and papaya are almost weeds here!

The best plan I've heard is to split your holding up so that it has different fruits ripe at every period throughout the year. Then develop your own customer base in the local markets, and be prepared to deliver. Or sell directly from your own farm.

If you grow bananas, grow kluay hom (the big sweet ones), or kluay khai (the little ones), which fetch higher prices than the run-of-the-mill varieties at 7-10 baht per bunch.

Edited by isanbirder
  • Like 1