German Chancellor Merkel warns of massive damage as Russia masses forces

webfact

Nope, I don't hate everything Russian. I do hate Putin and I don't believe the lies he uses to invade Ukraine. I hated Bush too ... did that mean I hated everything American? Russians should be smarter than to follow their dictator down this dark road. Again, he's not as smart or as strong as people think.

• Like 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Crimea is lost. Thing thing now is to stop Putin there. That IS possible.

Funny talking about war mongers. Putin is the AGGRESSOR in this conflict. The world doesn't believe his lies about protecting Russians. I know many Russians do. That's what happens when your press is controlled by a dictator.

What do you mean it's lost ?

It's still where it always was and always will be.

• Like 1

Putin reminds me of Hitler. Hitler started by taking back Sudetenland (part of Czechoslovakia) and Austria, both territories that the German Reich has lost in the First World War in much the same way as Putin has taken land in Abzhazia, South Ossetia and Georgia and next the Crimea. In the 1930s, other world leaders allowed Hitler to take back Sudetenland and Austria, taking the attitude that it was just poor little Germany trying to get back land that they had (possibly unfairly) lost. In the same way, world leaders have allowed Putin to take whatever land he likes, but the Crimea seems to be a Poland moment. When Hitler tried to take back Poland, World War II broke out. Tolerance came to an end. I think Merkel is now saying that tolerance of Putin's actions have come to an end too.

Remember Hitler was also elected by the people. He was not a dictator proper. Again Putin is the same.

Euroz ... Your comparison to Nazi Germany is an insult to all the Russian people. Russia lost over 30 million souls to Hitler and his zombie supermen. I'm American, and I don't give a hoot what Washington, London, Brussels, or Berlin says. I support Putin 100%.

And Soviet Russia committed uncounted atrocities of its own going well beyond the end of the war, suffering as much as they did partly because of Stalin's initial pact with Hitler, by which Hitler was enabled in his conquest of Poland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands. Hitler & Stalin were very much two of a kind, and Putin is cut from the same cloth as the Soviet overlords. Plenty of Russians today support this monster, and richly deserve to be insulted for doing so. He's a thug, very dangerous, and holds the hammer of natural gas over Europe's head as much as he holds the hammer of military force over the Ukraine. And he's up against a zero-credibility "leader of the free world". What's happening now will likely turn out very badly for lots of people; Putin isn't going to pay any attention to western bluff & bluster.

• Like 1

They can start doing business for gold instead of the paper dollar - this will re-elect Obama.

They can form a close alliance with Chinese - this will re-elect Obama.

Re-elect Obama?cheesy.gif

Here's some advice -- don't quit your day job to be a political pundit.

Jingthing, of all the people here I thought you understand subtlety...

OK, this will kick him out of the White House. Is this loud and clear for you?

There is a thing called SARCASM, if you need to know. Look it up.

Putin reminds me of Hitler. Hitler started by taking back Sudetenland (part of Czechoslovakia) and Austria, both territories that the German Reich has lost in the First World War in much the same way as Putin has taken land in Abzhazia, South Ossetia and Georgia and next the Crimea. In the 1930s, other world leaders allowed Hitler to take back Sudetenland and Austria, taking the attitude that it was just poor little Germany trying to get back land that they had (possibly unfairly) lost. In the same way, world leaders have allowed Putin to take whatever land he likes, but the Crimea seems to be a Poland moment. When Hitler tried to take back Poland, World War II broke out. Tolerance came to an end. I think Merkel is now saying that tolerance of Putin's actions have come to an end too.

Remember Hitler was also elected by the people. He was not a dictator proper. Again Putin is the same.

Let us hope to God that it does not turn out the same way as it did with Hitler.

The Ukraine has, for a long time, been one of the Russian federation satellite countries and Russia is now faced with losing it along with its mineral resources. For example 46% of Russian iron ore comes from there. It would be bad news for all if Russia were to attempt to regain control by force but it would follow a historical trend.

If Europe were to become too involved then Russia would quickly turn off the gas supply to many western countries.

I agree Crimea is lost. Thing thing now is to stop Putin there. That IS possible.

Funny talking about war mongers. Putin is the AGGRESSOR in this conflict. The world doesn't believe his lies about protecting Russians. I know many Russians do. That's what happens when your press is controlled by a dictator.

Repeating yourself over and over does not become facts, no matter how hard you try.

But please be kind enough to answer questions put to you, in your own words

I think most of you have no idea why Russia is doing what they are doing. I believe (from everything I have read and researched) that the EU and US are placing in power another puppet government so they can bring in more nuclear missiles to line Russia's borders.

If we recollect, back in the early 60's Russia pulled the same stunt. Russia positioned nuclear missiles in Cuba and that did not go over well with the USA. It about started WWIII! Now, the EU and US are lining the borders of Russia with nuclear missiles and we expect Russia not to do ANYTHING!?!?! Russia is doing what is best for his country and I would expect your country would do the very same thing.

The time of the cold war is over. Most American troops back in the States. Where did you get your information from?

Time to change the medication.

Repeating yourself over and over does not become facts, no matter how hard you try.

But please be kind enough to answer questions put to you, in your own words

Nobody is required to answer loaded, snarky "questions", or ANY questions for that matter.

How Russian dictator Putin controls domestic public opinion:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/vladimir-putin-stamps-on-his-citizens-again-this-time-with-internet-censorship/2014/03/14/7058331c-ab93-11e3-adbc-888c8010c799_story.html

Many in the West watched without much alarm as Mr. Putin gradually stifled civil society. Now the connection between dictatorship at home and adventurism abroad is all too clear. Those who might have spoken out against war are silenced. Mr. Putin’s fictional version of Ukrainian events, replete with monstrous fascists and suffering ethnic Russians, is unchallenged at home. Aggression and repression are easy bedfellows.
  • Like 1

Russia is protecting its citizens against an unconstitutional government of neo Nazi thugs.

Bravo Mr. Putin.

The problem with your theory is that Putin also ranks pretty high on the thug scale. He's an ex-KGB goon.

Indeed!

The most tragic thing about the conflict in Crimea is that it’s a tremendous fake, concocted in the Kremlin to soothe Russian President Vladimir Putin’s growing paranoia.

Convinced that the new authorities in Kiev will finally pull Ukraine out of Russia’s orbit, Putin is hacking off as much of the country as he thinks he can get away with. He doesn’t want to re-create the Soviet Union as much as form a ring of buffer territories to ward off Western influence from the Russian heartland. For Putin, it’s the beginning of the endgame for his regime’s survival.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2014/03/vladimir_putin_s_phony_war_in_crimea_the_russian_president_s_invasion_of.html

This distinction is important here. It's not about dictator Putin's struggle to help Russia. It's about his struggle to save HIS regime.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I have been sourcing independent press, news and opinion, not U.S. government propaganda. Contrast that to "news" sources from Russia, almost completely controlled by dictator Putin. Facts? Facts from Putin's blatant lies. No thank you.

Speaking of which, I think readers will find it quite interesting to read the "thoughts" of a very important political adviser to dictator Putin. Alexander Dugin. Frankly, he comes off like a total madman! I do see the appeal of his radical views appealing to Russians though -- he's so EDGY.

http://openrevolt.info/2014/03/07/alexander-dugin-crimea/

http://openrevolt.info/2014/03/08/alexander-dugin-letter-to-the-american-people-on-ukraine/

Edited by Jingthing

Also remember that during WW2 many Ukrainians supported Hitler. The scenes of violence in their streets today is reminiscent of the times when the Ukrainian nationalists beat the Jewish population to death in the streets and beat or burned Jews to death in their homes. Many of the concentration and death camps were staffed by Ukrainian guards.

Many were ultra right then and many are still ultra nationalistic today. In my opinion I would say that the between the Russians and the Ukrainians, the Russians are the best of the two evils and are justified in keeping the Ukrainians in hand and under control.

Also let's remember that Russia was an ally of Nazi Germany courtesy of the 1939 Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, which enabled Stalin to occupy eastern Poland, part of which he promptly carved off and gave to what was then the SSRs of Ukraine and Byelorussia. Excuse for this land grab was that Ukrainians and Byelorussians made up over 50% of the population of these areas (even though Poles were the largest single ethnic group) and the Russians were thus protecting their own and allowing their self-determination. Gosh that sounds familiar....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ribbentrop-Molotov.svg

Another link to today's events in the Ukraine is that the Russians brutally suppressed the OUN as they were not having any organization of Ukrainians that was focused on greater autonomy/independence for Ukraine. Hence many members of OUN rejoicing (initially) in 1941 when the unholy alliance broke up with the Nazi invasion of Russia. Ironically the OUN ended up fighting both Nazis and Soviets to try and win Ukraine's independence. It has been a long and bloody struggle with appalling atrocities committed by all sides.

Oh and also the gallant Russians murdered 20,000 Polish officers and other members of Polish society in the Katyn Forest. The Russians also deported in excess of 300,000 Poles to Siberia, over half of whom perished.

Soviet-Nazi handshake below underscores this unholy alliance.

http://www.resist.com/updates/2011/Oct_11/GermanSovietHandshake.jpg

The Russian exclave in Kaliningrad (formerly the East Prussian port of Koningsberg) which acts as the HQ for Russia's Baltic Fleet today and the ongoing conflict with the Japanese over the Russian occupation of the southern Kurils just underlines the fact that Russia plays hard, if it is allowed to get away with it.

Edited by folium
  • Like 1

Russia is protecting its citizens against an unconstitutional government of neo Nazi thugs.

Bravo Mr. Putin.

Mr. Putin has stated he is moving to protect against Russian ethnic folk. These are citizens of the country of Ukraine. I cannot support this unilateral military action anymore than I could support intervention in or a vote on independence by Chechnya.

Off-topic and inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

Continued off-topic posting and badgering of other posters will result in suspensions. Stick to the topic, and the topic is other posters.

Off-topic and inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

Continued off-topic posting and badgering of other posters will result in suspensions. Stick to the topic, and the topic is not other posters.

People have no clue what's going on, just like in Syria....

Thanks Tino for posting this video. I asked a Russian friend who's who in the video and it seems these guys are pretty well known Neo-Nazis. I guess the CIA & State Dept think they can get away with these regime change thing. I also noticed its quite similar to hw\\what they have done in Syria, Central America etc. The shooting of innocents by the Ne-Nazi and blaming it on the govt is classic CIA. Similar tatcics have been used in Bangkok, Thailand by the Red Shirts and in Egypt by the anti-Morsi clans.

• Like 1

The topic is about Angela Merkel

.....and TinoThailand writes

UNQUOTE

...so Angela Merkel has no clue what she was talking about ??????

Merkel knows very well what's going on, but she has her head so deep in Obamas arse, she can't just do what is right.

As a German I am very much ashamed of our new Big Coalition of CDU&SPD. Ashamed also of my stupid countrymen

who voted for them.

there are always winners and losers. You are here. They are there.

Is there better than here?

Merkel ... Despite what you say, has made Germany a very powerful nation. The world runs on,money.

Putinis an ex head of the ZKGB and runs Russia like he was the unelected leader that he is. Most Russians hate him. They can travel and do things they couldn't under the old regime putin wants back.

In todays world his soldiers will turn on him once they don't get paid. Russia is 1% of the econonimic might that Europe would lose.

So who will win when Russian banks default and the no longer communist government of Russia cannot pay the new capitalist population of Russia??

I think Putin is living too far in the past

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

UNQUOTE

Merkel knows very well what's going on, but she has her head so deep in Obamas arse, she can't just do what is right.

As a German I am very much ashamed of our new Big Coalition of CDU&SPD. Ashamed also of my stupid countrymen

who voted for them.

there are always winners and losers. You are here. They are there.

Is there better than here?

Merkel ... Despite what you say, has made Germany a very powerful nation. The world runs on,money.

Putinis an ex head of the ZKGB and runs Russia like he was the unelected leader that he is. Most Russians hate him. They can travel and do things they couldn't under the old regime putin wants back.

In todays world his soldiers will turn on him once they don't get paid. Russia is 1% of the econonimic might that Europe would lose.

So who will win when Russian banks default and the no longer communist government of Russia cannot pay the new capitalist population of Russia??

I think Putin is living too far in the past

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

... a very optimistic assessment. I agree with some of what you say. But I was under the impression that Putin enjoyed overwhelming popularity among Russians these days who want their old national "prestige" back. According to the Washington Post, his popularity is at a 3-year high. Two separate polls have him at 72%. That's UP during the last 3 months (almost 10pts per one of the two polls). Contrast that to Obama (43% and falling), and 79% of the French who disapprove of Hollande (again, see the WP article dtd 13MAR). 'Makes Putin look like a rock star (if you ask a Russian). ...and all the more dangerous, if you ask any sensible person not particularly in love with the idea of another world war or gangster rule.

Should you take the time to look up the article, be sure and read the individual comments which follow. 'Gives you an idea of the total insanity and irrational cult support that is Putin's popularity within Russia. Reminds me a lot of some of what you read here in support of Thaksin and the PTP.

Edited by hawker9000

UNQUOTE

who voted for them.

Merkel ... Despite what you say, has made Germany a very powerful nation.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

So marcusd, you must have eaton the wisdom with spoons...

What do you know about Germany and Merkel?

When I read your post the only answer can be -> nothing wai.gif

Better the eastern part of Ukraine goes back to Russia then having some Neo Nazi groups in power.

I don't really care if the Ukraine gets split. It was part of the Russian empire in the past so why not now

Hmmm. The whole thing sounds like a Crimean Anschluss to me. But, I guess we have your personal guarantee that Putin will stop here, is that right?

thumbsup.gif

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

The Ukraine has, for a long time, been one of the Russian federation satellite countries and Russia is now faced with losing it along with its mineral resources. For example 46% of Russian iron ore comes from there. It would be bad news for all if Russia were to attempt to regain control by force but it would follow a historical trend.

If Europe were to become too involved then Russia would quickly turn off the gas supply to many western countries.

Russia is a net iron ore exporter and does not depend on any of Ukraine's commodities / facilities except the Crimean port of Sevastopol for its Navy.

• Like 1

Russia is a net iron ore exporter and does not depend on any of Ukraine's commodities / facilities except the Crimean port of Sevastopol for its Navy.

The Ukraine was a potential candidate to join NATO precisely for the reason that they were afraid Putin would do this. Putin wasn't about to sit still for a NATO member on his own doorstep. 'Guess they were right. Obama dithered too long, the EU chewed its fingernails to the nub worrying about a natural gas cutoff, and so they finally sort of went with the red line approach again (threatening "economic sanctions"; oooooooo...). What a surprise. The sour grapes brigade along with Putin's flesheaters back home are already inundating the media with claims that the Crimea was one big neo-Nazi enclave persecuting ethnic Russians and had to be "saved". Next step - the rest of Ukraine (paratroopers already on deck, aren't there?) After that? Well, 'lots left of the former Soviet empire to invade. Bye-bye. Hey there China! Taking notes?

I think most of you have no idea why Russia is doing what they are doing. I believe (from everything I have read and researched) that the EU and US are placing in power another puppet government so they can bring in more nuclear missiles to line Russia's borders.

If we recollect, back in the early 60's Russia pulled the same stunt. Russia positioned nuclear missiles in Cuba and that did not go over well with the USA. It about started WWIII! Now, the EU and US are lining the borders of Russia with nuclear missiles and we expect Russia not to do ANYTHING!?!?! Russia is doing what is best for his country and I would expect your country would do the very same thing.

Huh???!!! Bizarre people in this world. No one is "now" lining any Ukranian Russian border with nuclear missiles. Time for your meds so you can crawl back under your rock. US does not need to line that border with any nuclear missiles.

Stop reading the Internet if that is the best research you can come up with. I can provide you with conclusive proof that Bigfoot is an alien based on research on the Internet. Love how the net and the whacky people posting on the net are educating the world and shaping the way impressionable people think.

Keep drinking your cool aid and believe the lies you get from the Main Street Media.

You might want to get educated about what is going on there in Ukraine.

"Neoconservatives are doing there best to put nuclear missiles within, figuratively speaking, pea-shooting distance of Moscow. If it happens, our militarized press will howl in support, citing the fact that the USSR put missiles on Cuban soil, so now it's our turn. The fact that Russia retreated will be a small footnote in their reporting. The USSR removed the missiles to avoid a nuclear war. What they will have to consider is that the US will likewise have to retreat in order to avoid a nuclear war."

http://www.articlesbase.com/politics-articles/ukraine-on-its-knees-us-nuclear-missiles-pea-shooter-distance-from-moscow-6938130.html