Jet fighter makes emergency landing at Korat base

webfact

Jet fighter makes emergency landing at Korat base

L39-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KORAT: -- An Air Force two-seat jet fighter made an emergency landing at Korat military airport during a ground attack exercise late this morning.

The L39 jet skidded off the runway while making an emergency landing and rested by the field near the runway.

The two pilots were not injured but the plane was damaged as its body ploughed along the runway for a hundred meters.

The plane is among two jet fighters from Chiang Mai’s Wing 41 airbase to join the ground attack drilling codenamed ‘Cope Tiger 2014′ joint air exercise at the Korat airbase.

The Royal Air Force has sent a team of air accident experts to investigate the incident.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/jet-fighter-makes-emergency-landing-korat-base/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-14

The Thai version is the L39ZA/ART - L 39ZA: Trainer and light attack aircraft with improved avionics. First flown in September 1976. This version remains on offer.

L-39ZA is equipped with a sight with a camera gun and a two-barrel 23mm quick-firing Gsh-23 gun, which is installed under the fuselage. Besides training tasks, it can also be used for tactical air surveillance.

To my surprise Russia jets are much more better then American , in terms of maintance, aerodynamic,speed etc , we only get information that F-22 are the best, if there are a dog fight between two I not sure what we think were right.

To my surprise Russia jets are much more better then American , in terms of maintance, aerodynamic,speed etc , we only get information that F-22 are the best, if there are a dog fight between two I not sure what we think were right.

There wouldn't be a dog fight, dog fights are almost history. The Russians planes would be blown out of the sky from a hundred miles away. If there was a dogfight, I seriously doubt that the Russian pilots are trained and equipped to go head to head with the Americans.

What was his name Yuri G?? no opposition, and the dog he had all the space he needed no canine in sight.

There wouldn't be a dog fight, dog fights are almost history. The Russians planes would be blown out of the sky from a hundred miles away. If there was a dogfight, I seriously doubt that the Russian pilots are trained and equipped to go head to head with the Americans.

What was his name Yuri G?? no opposition, and the dog he had all the space he needed no canine in sight.

What does this have to do with the thread?

Looks like the thai roads have given them a good grounding in survivorbility ...good on em.

Any crash you walk away from is a gooden

Yes indeed.

good to see the lads from Wing 41 are OK.

• Like 1

Air superiority is my best guess... other than that I haven't a clue.

No need to be funny-cheer up---if you read Local drunks post who brought the Russians into it, some humour- his last sentence.

sorry you didn't read or have a sense of humour--Russians first man dog first to orbit.

never mind sorry I posted--time out--coffee.

Edited by ginjag

Seeing this article doesn't seem to have long legs, I have a segway question.

Does anyone know where the aerial bombing range is around Korat? Inside the airbase someplace? I'm about 30 driving kliks NW of the city and the explosions yesterday were 5x5, Lima Charlie. 1st one got me straight out of my chair.

I would certainly hate to see the Royal Thai Air Force go head to head with the Chinese. Any other country that might possibly be a 'threat' to Thailand? Must have been a hell of a ride for the pilot and his back seat. He did something right, they walked away. I know this a bit off subject but at least on paper the most advanced Russian/Chinese fighters are equal or better than the American. Let us all hope that it remains paper theory. The F-22 has had oxygen problems all along and the F-35 is nothing but a high tech piece of boondoggle crap that can't even fly much less go head to head in a fight. The USMC versions are all grounded right now. I'd certainly give the US pilots the edge. Sorry for off subject bit.