Russian couple missing, feared kidnapped on Phuket

webfact

They lived in Phuket on educational visa, but Alexey had also a small business "Thai Mix Group", that was related with renting apartments or houses in Phuket (something like real estate agency). His business partner was a Thai woman, owner of a house in Kamala, where he lived with his girlfriend. I think, his kidnapping probably was related with his business activity. I guess, his competitors wanted to remove him from market. Another assumption is that corrupt police just want money from him (because they blamed him in "illegal business"). It's hard to know what really happened with them.

Edited by breaker
  • Like 1

Either they have spent all their money living the high life and dont want their holiday to end ,so thought this would be a good way to get cash and be able to get away with it .Or they mentioned to the wrong people what he does for a living and they though easy way to make money,just kidnap him!!

Not surprising when you think about it, most Russian finance brokers would be in trouble right now due to the recent stock market crash in Russia over their woes with Ukraine and the west with potential economic sanctions almost imminent. I would not be surprised if we don’t see more of the same in the not too distant future. Particular, if many Russian expats have been borrowing money from local-loan sharks just to remain in the LOS under false pretences.

Edited by MK1
  • Like 1

The guy had some sort of rental intermediary business on Phuket, and had a Thai company. His landlord AND partner told the police that he was going to leave Thailand for Singapore. Fishy? Yes, like a <removed> seafood market in 2 PM.

PS: Landlord and partner is the same person.

Edited by LivinginKata
profanity removed

If I dont arrive back in [the Russian city of] Vladivostok tomorrow, that means Im already dead, her sister quoted Yana as saying in a whisper.

That's a strange thing to say. Surely some timely formalities to deal with after just being released by kidnappers. Even planes have to be booked in advance.

Another thing. If you've been kidnapped and you've made it to a phone, on your own (whispering), don't you give better information than "I'm gonna be dead tomorrow"? Like you could say where you are and who did it, to the best of your knowledge.

Yes, sure, if a) you know these things and B) they allow you to say it and c) you have presence of mind and are not stiff with fear...

• Like 1

Unfortunately I know about this situations...

Kidnapers minds....

1) If you are driving a $100,000 car, your family can pay $100,000 for your life

2) if you are staying on a $1,000/night hotel room, your family can pay $100,000 for your life

3) If you are a CEO of a big corporation, it's can pay $100,000 for your life....or millions..

4) It is very rare that the police will be called putting the life of the victims in risk...

This people may fit all these situations and the kidnapers knows that $100,000 will be paid fast and easy.

In this case the family asked for police help, but is not common. Most of the times the kidnapers are paid in their terms, no police intervention.

I hope nothing will happen with them, but if they are killed because the family called the police, will be a tragedy for everybody involved.

Everyone here from South American countries knows what I am talking about....

A Japanese Sony Director just starting working in its factory in Tijuana, Mexico, was kidnapped in 1993. The police was not called. Later was informed that Sony paid $3.000.000 ransom. The Director was back in Japan, and Sony closes the factory months later, after a new kidnapping.

You cannot see so many Ferraris and Lamborginis in South American streets...like in the streets of Thailand. Guess why.

Next good business in Thailand? Armored luxury cars.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I know about this situations...

Kidnapers minds....

1) If you are driving a $100,000 car, your family can pay $100,000 for your life

2) if you are staying on a $1,000/night hotel room, your family can pay $100,000 for your life

3) If you are a CEO of a big corporation, it's can pay $100,000 for your life....or millions..

4) It is very rare that the police will be called putting the life of the victims in risk...

This people may fit all these situations and the kidnapers knows that $100,000 will be paid fast and easy.

In this case the family asked for police help, but is not common. Most of the times the kidnapers are paid in their terms, no police intervention.

I hope nothing will happen with them, but if they are killed because the family called the police, will be a tragedy for everybody involved.

Everyone here from South American countries knows what I am talking about....

A Japanese Sony Director just starting working in its factory in Tijuana, Mexico, was kidnapped in 1993. The police was not called. Later was informed that Sony paid $3.000.000 ransom. The Director was back in Japan, and Sony closes the factory months later, after a new kidnapping.

You cannot see so many Ferraris and Lamborginis in South American streets...like in the streets of Thailand. Guess why.

Next good business in Thailand? Armored luxury cars.

I very much doubt it was a kidnap like that. Sounds much more like 'you tried to screw us, give us back our money plus some interest' or 'I tried to screw somebody over, and now need money to repay'.

• Like 2

That's the kind of telephone call every family that their loved one are overseas dread to receive...

I whish the situation will resoled peacefully soon...

I'm not sure that it's a scenario that crosses most people's minds... an accident or murder while overseas, perhaps, but not kidnapping. Not really that common, is it? And I suspect that most kidnappings occur in the victim's own country anyway...

OMG!...I hope this is not true, and they need the money for other problem. If just one kidnapping works for the felons, that will start a very bad trend.

It is happening now in Brazil and Mexico. So badly that it is a special police force dealing with that problem there. The criminals kidnaps people and use their cellular phones to call the family asking for money, sometimes not too much money, some thousands, but they kidnap 2 or 3 people, most teenagers,.... a day! It is too easy. When that happens with rich adults, the money is big, may be millions, and most of the times they kill them anyway....Rich people in those countries don't drive very expensive cars keeping low profile for that reason alone, and its children go to school with bodyguards. Happens with some friends of mine in Mexico.

Will be very sad is happening here.

I hope that the honest Thai police will do something to stop this actions and not let it out the control. Will be more damaging than anything to Thailand's reputation.

And every Falang in Thailand is rich.

Asking for 3 million THB is serious stuff. Something is not quite right. I smell a rotten borsch.

I think you meant 'borscht' Somtam… Borsch is a German sports car. whistling.gif

And I think you meant Porsche. whistling.gif

If I dont arrive back in [the Russian city of] Vladivostok tomorrow, that means Im already dead, her sister quoted Yana as saying in a whisper.

That's a strange thing to say. Surely some timely formalities to deal with after just being released by kidnappers. Even planes have to be booked in advance.

Another thing. If you've been kidnapped and you've made it to a phone, on your own (whispering), don't you give better information than "I'm gonna be dead tomorrow"? Like you could say where you are and who did it, to the best of your knowledge.

If it was really her on the phone, a cell tower trace should at least give them some idea of where she is.

Phuket police raid Kamala house of missing Russian couple, but find no signs of foul play
Eakkapop Thongtub

1394962898_1.jpg

PHUKET: Early this morning (March 16), a team of police and Russian embassy staff went into the luxury Kamala home of missing Russian couple Alexei Slabinskiy and Yana Strizheus, but found no-one at home, and no signs of foul play.

Phuket police raid Kamala house of missing Russian couple, but find no signs of foul play

At 9am today, Phuket Police Major General Ong-Art Pewreungnon, Kamala Police investigating team, officers from the Russian Embassy in Bangkok, two cousins of the missing couple, and a Russian translator, came to open the missing couples' luxury house in Kamala.

Upon entering the property, they found nothing suspicious, with no items appeared to have been stolen. The police investigators collected fingerprints from inside the house, and also took DNA from the missing couples' cousins to assist with further investigation.

Russian citizen Alexei Slabinskiy came to Phuket in April 2013 together with his girlfriend Yana Strizheus. The 39-old finance broker told friends and family that he was headed to Thailand for a holiday, and to learn Thai.

But their romantic life in Kamala may have turned into a nightmare on March 7 this year.

The Russian couple called their relatives claiming that they were in trouble in Phuket, and urgently needed USD100,000 to solve some unexpected problems. After the call, Aleksei’s and Yana’s cell phones went silent, and their concerned families raised the alarm.

Then on March 13, Yana called her sister in Russia and told her that she had been kidnapped.

“If I don’t arrive back in [the Russian city of] Vladivostok tomorrow [March 14], that means I’m already dead,” her sister quoted Yana as saying in a whisper.

According to the sister, the conversation lasted for only 30 seconds, and after that Yana’s phone went dead again.

If anyone has any information about Alexei and Yana, please contact Royal Thai Police, email [email protected] or call:

Andrei Smirnov: +66 82 277 3502 (English & Russian)

Tatiana Novoselova: +7 908 442 26 48 (Russian)

Dmitriy Voronov: +7 985 997 46 25 (Russian)

Additional reporting by Anton Makhrov.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-raid-kamala-house-of-missing-russian-couple-but-find-no-signs-of-foul-play-45180.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-03-16

They boys in brown only triangulate their wallets, not cell towers. If they do not smell money, they keep walking.

Maybe the BIB have them & want the 100,000 USD