Khao San Road fake IDs look like the real thing

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake IDs and Now degrees -

yeah but as soon as there is a police check (& there have been)

Or the school telephones the Unversity - You are busted!

Loose job, deported fined or jailed...

Hardly - just a slap on the wrist. There are thousands of English teachers with fake degrees and in over 20 year I've only ever heard of 2 getting deported(probably for something else).

Edited by Neeranam

I forgot to add to my original post....In Nonthaburi near Cental, there is a shop that will gladly photoshop your face on any rank of police officer or military uniform. If you want to be a private or General, it's only a click of a mouse and 50 baht.

One "Qualified teacher", who'd worked at a well known Anuban in a bigger city in the north east had THE perfect degree from same road.

He graduated in 1925, but was in his forties.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

The fake ID vendor is usually doing business outside the new McDonald's at the southern end of the KSR. This is a 30 second walk or a stones throw from the front door of the police station. This vendor as well as all the other vendors on the KSR pay a dailey, weekly or months fee to the police to do business there.

Is there any more evidence in Thailand to show that Thais care more about money than they do about the reputation or quality of their country. The fake ID can help anybody operate in all walks of Thai society whoever they are. Here's one example, these police have kids, fake degrees and ID's could be sold to teachers (possible criminals/pheodophiles) that might end up working in their kids schools.

Are police here human or just complete dogs? If they don't consider the well being of their own children how much care are they going to give the general public.

How many Thai parents consider the well being of their children? How many give the keys to their underage kids to ride their motorbikes, some as young as ten years old?

why would any normal person want a fake ID?

only someone trying to be something/someone they're not.

quite sad really.

oh yea, no hologram? not very good then.

Well, for example to impersonate a TVF regular and make a complete arse out of himself, to the credit of the aforementioned TVF'er, of course tongue.png

A press ID does get in some places you shouldn't be in, a fake driving license may be handed to a police and forgotten, etc. Yeah it's cheating and illegal, but that's what people do. I never trust any kind of IDs, still need other kinds of verification such as carrying a non-concealed weapon. Which is probably why the police here do pack.

worst if you been using them in Thailand they tell cops and give copy with your picture. BUSTED

Yeah, the state of the art internet facilities of the RTP and the automatic facial recognition enabled scanners they use are a real killer biggrin.png

The first thing I will say is that this guy paid way to much. A few years ago a top quality one was about 500 baht and 300 for the cheap cardboard ones.

I got an international License and a Singapore license, My friend from Signapore said it was pretty good but certainly would not pass if i stopped by a police officer there.

I was lucky I never got pulled over on my international license as both my friends did who also got an international license. One friend got away with it and the second friend also on his first time. The second time he got pulled over with the international license the police demanded 50,000 baht. He waitied on the side of the road for about 4 hours and ended up paying less than 2000. Massive problem really as they were going to take him to Jail. The police office showed him a bag full of all the other weird and wonderful licenses they had.

The shop at KSR also makes bugger all out of them as the cops take 300 baht a card. Trust me we tried super hard for doscounts and the cops watched us purchase and then we watched them collect money once we paid. We also asked for Thai licenses and no they did not do them.

On a more comical note you pass through immigration into the secured area at the Clarke airport in the Philippines and there is a card vendor that can make up pretty much anything you want. Yes inside the airport before you board the flight.

i got a euro plastic international driving licence from kkao san expires in 10yrs... i always carry a genuine uk international driving licence but routinely give the thai police the euro licence and never yet had it challenged... makes a change from them reading the uk paper version upside down..

its just lawless..

Edited by Bkkbound

The Johnnie Come Lately Award goes to Nirmal Ghosh for his riveting expose on fake cards that has been going on for three decades.

:rolleyes:

Got a student card there in 76 and then got cheap airfares.

Yes, I didn't want to fess up to the age, but as long as you have, then, yes, Nirmal's cutting edge article regards an issue that has been going on for four decades.

His display of his photo ID's matches his above Award perfectly.

post-204488-0-28541900-1394895720_thumb.post-204488-0-28541900-1394895720_thumb.

:lol:

• Like 1

I remember 15years ago or so... Two backpackers were arrested in Malaysia and were charged as spies for having fake ID's that they had made on Khao San Rd. I think it wahed out as lesser charges. But, I certainly never considered such severe consequences. I remember watching the guys make the cards out on the street there. Quite an art.

Anyone had an Aussie drivers licence done? How did it look?

Guess that's a no. Suppose you could get a Singapore passport in KSR, use it to apply for a Thai international passport then go to Australia and gain a real Aussie passport

When you order one of these fake IDs the seller will ask you what info you want on the card, write it down on his notebook and then you come back later to get your personalized fake.

Some years back there was, again, one of these Thai style trouble and for some reason the foreign Press was not particularly welcome in BKK. By chance it was the time an innocent Japanese girl got herself a KSR Press Card with her real passport number on it. And it was the time the Police raided KSR to ferret out foreign "agitators". They got that girl's passport number from the seller's book and went to arrest her in her guesthouse. Poor girl was in hot water for a bout of time trying to persuade the Uniforms that she was just a simple tourist and didn't intend to sneak into any politico gatherings...

You can get any fake on KSR. I even remember an impressive looking Harvard MBA certificate ready to accept any name.

For fun I once got myself a Press Card and a Student Card but eventually disposed of them.

In this age of globe-trotting terrorists it's better not to have any fake ID of any sort on one's person.

(though the travel advantages of a fake Student ID could be explained to suspicious Law Enforcement in Europe)

Anyone had an Aussie drivers licence done? How did it look?

Guess that's a no. Suppose you could get a Singapore passport in KSR, use it to apply for a Thai international passport then go to Australia and gain a real Aussie passport

I have a real everything. Was just wondering.

Saw an Aussie ID copy.....some lad was going to the states on holiday and wated to show he was 21 years old to get into the bars there.

It looked ok until held up against his real one.....the shade of the colour was a mile off.

I don't know if that applies to other forms of ID they do but I wouldn't want to be trying to fool someone who is looking at ID's all day for a living

Australia doesn't have national ID Cards unless it is a Drivers licence or passport .