Successful Non B 1 Year at Penang

Nice informative write up bigsteve. As I am expecting to have to do a Penang run within the next few weeks fir a non Imm-B as well.

More power to you taking a trip in a minivan that far, but it sounds like it was fairly comfortable. I just couldn't do it...I'm going to have to fly.

Good to see everything went smoothly for you. Need to renew mine but there is no way I will ever do via road again. Did the first one a few years ago and that was the last. I personally prefer to fly somewhere to do my visa runs. I think the car, not only takes so long, dangerous driving, etc etc. it is far safer and better experience to fly and have time to enjoy where you are going.

if u fly firefly the flight departs Penang at 2:10

if u do the visa on ur own u pick up your pasport after 1,

not enough time.

Latest u need leave downtown Penang is 12:30

Last time i flew down with gf to do her non b we stayed at the mindigood hotel an Arthur did the visa for us and got it back to us at noon so we could make the flght

BUT who knows if they still do it that with new regulations.

check before you fly. sales inquiry <[email protected]>

rooms are 100 myr/night ., 2 blocks to Chula street.

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed report.

You mention letter from the sponsoring company. Do you still need a WP to apply for the 1 year mulitple entry B visa or are Penang not requiring that?

Yes you must have a work permit and it must have 8 months remaining on it.

You mention letter from the sponsoring company. Do you still need a WP to apply for the 1 year mulitple entry B visa or are Penang not requiring that?

Thanks Joe.

The papers still remaining were:

Visa application form with 2 recent passport photos attached

Letter of introduction/ sponsorship from my company

List with names of employees

Company registration

Social security registration

Company license

Company registration

Work permit - photo page

Passport - photo page

• Like 1

The papers still remaining were:

Visa application form with 2 recent passport photos attached

Letter of introduction/ sponsorship from my company

List with names of employees

Company registration

Social security registration

Company license

Company registration

Work permit - photo page

Passport - photo page

Oops... I missed that when I quickly read through the OP.

Cheers.

not enough time.

Last time i flew down with gf to do her non b we stayed at the mindigood hotel an Arthur did the visa for us and got it back to us at noon so we could make the flght

Or fly to KL, many flights available drop passport off between 9.30 and 11.00 pick up the next day between 2.00 and 4.00. As with any visa run, you need to check the holidays for both Thailand and which ever country you are going to. Singapore or Hong Kong also very good.

not enough time.

Or fly to KL, many flights available drop passport off between 9.30 and 11.00 pick up the next day between 2.00 and 4.00. As with any visa run, you need to check the holidays for both Thailand and which ever country you are going to. Singapore or Hong Kong also very good.

Not for a multiple entry non-b visa. Penang is the only nearby choice at this time.

Joe,

What if I'm going to get my first ever Non Imm B visa....and obviously I don't have a WP yet? I'll only get approved for a single entry Non Imm B visa?

BKS22,

You'll need correct relevant paperwork and very likely a special letter from the labour office (others will know the name for this paper, sorry I don't). You will then get a 90 day single entry. This gives you time to get the work permit and then armed with the work permit (and other necessary paperwork as per my OP) you can go at the end of your 90 days to apply for your 1 year.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Joe,

What if I'm going to get my first ever Non Imm B visa....and obviously I don't have a WP yet? I'll only get approved for a single entry Non Imm B visa?

Your employer needs to successfuly file for a Work Permit at Labour, using form WP3, if you are outside of Thailand, or WP1 if you are already in Thailand.

Once your papers are accepted as being in order you will be issued with a WP3 or WP1 receipt and should then apply for a Letter of Approval from Labour, this can take some time as it needs to be signed by the Head of Dept at Labour.

The Letter of Approval states that you are eligible for a Work Permit only if you are first issued with a non immigrant 'B' visa and get a 90 day entry in your passport there of.

Leave Thailand and go to a Thai Consular facility with the full list of papers in the link below and as BigSteve posted, you will be issued with a Single Entry Non immigrant 'B' visa, use this to get a 90 day entry.

Go to Labour with copies of your entry stamp and they will complete the process then issue your WP, after which you can start work.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

• Like 2

The MFA site says only 1 pic, so good to know that 2 are needed, kinda thing that can cost you a day if you get there too late to get another photo

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-%28for-Business-and.html

Anyone have a link to the Penang Thai consulate in English?

Thanks

Edited by EBlair48

The MFA site says only 1 pic, so good to know that 2 are needed, kinda thing that can cost you a day if you get there too late to get another photo

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-%28for-Business-and.html

Anyone have a link to the Penang Thai consulate in English?

Thanks

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Penang, Malaysia

No. 1, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 10350 Penang, Malaysia

Tel.(604) 226-8029, 226-9484, 228-6784

Fax.(604) 226-3121,226-2533

E-mail: [email protected]

Currently nothing sensible webwise from the MFA in English.

Phone them, they normally answer the phone during working hours.

Since I have a WP for two years now, and am director of the company do I still need that Letter of introduction ?

The MFA also mentions VAT registration papers , any need for this?

Yes, bring the PP20 (VAT Papers) in case they are requested - Bigsteve's Company is not VAT registered.

• 1 month later...

I just got reply from Banana GH

Needed

1. Visa application form with 2 recent passport photos attached
  2. Letter of introduction/ sponsorship from company
  3. List with names of employees
  4. Company registration
  5. shareholders & directors list
  6. Work permit - photo page
  7. Passport - photo page
  8. Plus the real work permit

I just got reply from Banana GH

Needed

1. Visa application form with 2 recent passport photos attached
  2. Letter of introduction/ sponsorship from company
  3. List with names of employees
  4. Company registration
  5. shareholders & directors list
  6. Work permit - photo page
  7. Passport - photo page
  8. Plus the real work permit

MFA site below as my post above said it was out at the time:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

• 3 weeks later...

Joe,

Please do not apply for a non b if you dont have a WP3. I swear! you will be denied by consulate

• 3 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My work permit has only 2 months left on it - can it be extended [before going to Penang of course]

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told that Penang has just recently stopped issuing 1 year non-b and will only give 3 month single entry. I have asked these people if they had all the correct paper work, passport/ work permit are valid ect, and of course they said yes but they could be lying not to look like a fool, I have also heard at the same time others received 1 year multi entry no problems. I would like to know if anyone with in the past 2 weeks has had any issues being denied a 1 year multi entry other than not having proper documents or documents without the proper length of validity.

Thanks

I have been told that Penang has just recently stopped issuing 1 year non-b and will only give 3 month single entry. I have asked these people if they had all the correct paper work, passport/ work permit are valid ect, and of course they said yes but they could be lying not to look like a fool, I have also heard at the same time others received 1 year multi entry no problems. I would like to know if anyone with in the past 2 weeks has had any issues being denied a 1 year multi entry other than not having proper documents or documents without the proper length of validity.

Thanks

Wow, that would be a drag as I’m getting ready to go to Penang next week for the 1 year multi entry. Yes, anybody out there have any new reliable info on whether they still issue the 1 year multi entry. I do have all proper paperwork, work permit and so on and got my 1 year there about 5 years ago. So any new info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks