Is a coversion of 2 wheel motor bike to 3 wheel legal for disabled person

I want to convert my two wheel motorbike to a three wheel trike. I cannot ride 2 wheel bike because of my disability.therefore I cannot obtain a disability licence, or any motor bike licence at this time. you must own the bike that you are obtaining a licence for to ride. Can anyone tell me if it is legal for me to have a converson carried out. i have a reputable person to do this for me.I would just keep paying the BIB for no licence but i now wish to travel all over Thailand and need a licence.

I see a few 3 wheeled small bikes in Pattaya riden by disabled persons and I think the transportation office will approve the bike 3 wheeled for a disabled person but are not 100% sure.

If it is possilbe for you to go there and ask them that will be best or perhaps somebody here on the forum knows?

By "traveling all around Thailand", do you really mean traveling all around Thailand, or just around Pattaya? I cant imagine anyone doing any traveling on a motor bike, with a side car. Even going down Suk, would be a big adventure.

By "traveling all around Thailand", do you really mean traveling all around Thailand, or just around Pattaya? I cant imagine anyone doing any traveling on a motor bike, with a side car. Even going down Suk, would be a big adventure.

OP said 3 wheeled bike not side car, big difference, some 3 wheeled honda waves I seen are not much wider than original set-up.

Why not go all over Thailand on it? I read about many that have done it (2 wheeled) and had a blast doing it.

Thankyou guzzi850m2 ,true words indead, very funny fakename, get out of the bars and look arround you. To vocal neal read my question. As for Tiger bikes and sidecars. in my opinion very dangerous and under engineered. The only bike and sidecar that can be taxed and driven in Thailand. All Salangs and side cars are ILLEAGAL in Thailand since 1986, anyother side car (including vendors) is ILLEAGAL tolerated in Pattaya area But not in other Parts of Thailand, NO MATTER HOW WELL ENGINEERED. In South have been confiscated of Falangs never to be seen again. Being new i thought i had posted this under motor bikes, my apolagies

Samlor KruengYon

These monsters are large and fast. Again, these are found mainly on the eastern seaboard, especially in ChaChoengSao.

Equipped with automobile engines, they can carry large loads at high speeds and can be a real thrill when cruising down a long stretch of road.

http://3wheeledcheese.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/samlors-in-thailand-all-3-wheeled-vehicles-used-in-thailand/

Might be worth a try. Why don't you get a driver's license?

post-158336-0-54159200-1394961570_thumb.

I'm a T12 paraplegic and have spend years researching the subject. It is in theory possible to get a motorbike which has been modified into a trike registered for legal road use but the cost of doing it are enormous. Better to buy a motorbike saleng combo new for around 250,000 Baht or a tuk tuk which costs the same.

Thanks for that notmyself. I have done all the paperwork for a disabled licence, I then went to the registry office to make inquires. The answer i got was this. to get the disable licence,and I do not have a motorbike licence as i am unable to ride a 2 wheel motorbike). The test can only be taken on a Tiger motorbike with sidecar(you must own this bike. It is the only sidecar and bike that you can do the licence on.) Ful stop. You cannot get a licence for a tuk tuk even if disabled.as they are for taxis only. I have spoken to a lot of disabled people who have 3 wheel trikes and sidecars fitted to bikes the only ones that have a licence are the people who can ride 2 wheel bikes. the others do not bother to get a licence as they only use them for short trips and just stick a big disabled sticker on them. BUT ANY SIDECAR THEY HAVE FITTED IS ILLEAGAL) The stupid rules of Thailand. As id stated before all sidecars including thai street vendors are illegal but can you imagine if they tried to take them away from them or fine the thais, Once again get the money from falangs we are the suckers who cannot do anything.All I want to do is see all of Thailand on a Bike (am unable to get car licence also) but we will see what happenes

You don't need a disabled licence to drive a scooter because all the controls are 'hand' controlled. There are a number of vendors in Bangkok who supply a scooter & sidecar combo but you will pay 250k. I've not gone down the tuk tuk avenue much as I live on Samui and tuk tuk's are banned here anyway.

OK was over a years ago asked about a Samlor Skylab 150 cc with Automatic, price was 68,000 baht with no roof..

​Cannot find the advert any more but was a place in Hua Hin doing some very nice conversions of big bikes to trike's.

BUT ANY SIDECAR THEY HAVE FITTED IS ILLEAGAL)

What utter nonsense. Please explain the myriad of Wall's and Nestle ice cream vendors. I am sure a large corporation would do illegal things.

How can Tiger sell them and have them on their website, the commercial ones not the vintage ones

As i said I've stopped looking as more BS seems to flow.

Edited by VocalNeal

The Department of Land Transport will not register motorbikes fitted with sidecars or any attachments if the sidecar and/or attachments are not made by the original manufacturer or do not pass Department of Land Transport safety standards.

We do not allow the registration of rot salaeng (motorcycles with privately-made sidecar trays commonly used for transporting goods or people) because they are not safe for the driver or passengers.

However, if the sidecar confirms to our safety standards and passes an inspection by our engineers then we will allow it to be registered.

Saturday, May 7, 2011 9:53:21 AM Titima Yukuntorn, chief of the Vehicle Registration Unit at the Phuket Provincial Transport Office.

• Like 1

Samlor KruengYon

These monsters are large and fast. Again, these are found mainly on the eastern seaboard, especially in ChaChoengSao.

Equipped with automobile engines, they can carry large loads at high speeds and can be a real thrill when cruising down a long stretch of road.

http://3wheeledcheese.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/samlors-in-thailand-all-3-wheeled-vehicles-used-in-thailand/

Might be worth a try. Why don't you get a driver's license?

That has to be a fun machine wink.png Interesting history of samlors too -- thanks smile.png

Big C was selling a motor-trike with tipper backend ! If it's still there today I'll take a photo...

Photo is my old trike ;)

post-122054-0-59648300-1395024774_thumb.

Edited by jpinx

A dealer in Bang Yai, Nonthaburi sells Ryuka tradesman trikes (motorcycle front end, pickup rear). They actually look OK. I think they are about 60000 baht so It might be worth looking into these.

Not sure if there still there, but they also had Automatic Scooters with the pickup rears, must go to Electric Office few doors away, this weeks so will try to remember to look [ they had about 10 all were red, behind the motorbike pickups]

OP said 3 wheeled bike not side car, big difference, some 3 wheeled honda waves I seen are not much wider than original set-up.

Why not go all over Thailand on it? I read about many that have done it (2 wheeled) and had a blast doing it.

seen a 3 wheel pcx parked one day ,conversion looked very professional .........i thought it looked cool

not sure if the rider was disabled or not