noise and the police

seajae

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate, if I was maybe 10 years younger but this is simply beyond a joke, we have a 14 year old here and a 90 year old too, the grandmother is virtually in tears as the music is that loud it hurts her, plus the fact that she is dying and doctors havent given her that long to live doesnt help her either. These ar*e holes just dont give a sh*t.

• Like 2

mate, if I was maybe 10 years younger but this is simply beyond a joke, we have a 14 year old here and a 90 year old too, the grandmother is virtually in tears as the music is that loud it hurts her, plus the fact that she is dying and doctors havent given her that long to live doesnt help her either. These ar*e holes just dont give a sh*t.

I feel for you mate, I really do.

It is true that when any of the locals decide to have a party bash, no one is informed, it just starts and they won`t stop until either the drinks run out or until they have had enough, no one else's feelings is taken into consideration, they really couldn`t give a toss about anyone else.

Although luckily down our way, these events are usually at a reasonable distance from our home, on rare occasions a close neighbor will throw a loud head banging party. When this happens I will head off to a hotel somewhere returning the next morning when hopefully it`s all over. Oddly it doesn`t seem to bother my wife at all and accuses me of making a fuss for nothing, but my nerves just can`t stand it.

I feel for you because if this were to become regular events in the area I think I would have to move away and rent an apartment to get away from it. Over the years we have been fortunate that most of our immediate neighbors are elderly, so the problem for us hasn`t been too bad, but who knows what the future holds?

That`s total rubbish that the police are paid off to ignore these complaints. The fact is that the police are simply not interested, they couldn`t give a toss either, unless it`s someone of prominence who complains. This is one of the problems of living in a residential area.

I fail to understand why some on here don`t have any sympathy, perhaps because it hasn`t happened to them yet, but it might.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Tear gas grenades ? I know you cant but its a nice thought !

Seriously mate, you need to consider getting out of there, this isnt the first time you had problems and sure as hell wont be the last.

Think about it.

• Like 1

Moving doesn't solve the problem, there will always be a time when a party is thrown with loud music. Unfortunately, the best thing to do is to sit it out.

totster smile.png

Occasional party no problem but sometimes a scene like this settled in permanent, neighbors open a bush disco. . .

Yes if it's likely to go away or only be once a week, better off staying.

My point was the fact that many guys set up a situation where they've got no choice, literally can no longer move again until it's the shuffle off this mortal coil.

Moving doesn't solve the problem, there will always be a time when a party is thrown with loud music. Unfortunately, the best thing to do is to sit it out.

totster smile.png

Occasional party no problem but sometimes a scene like this settled in permanent, neighbors open a bush disco. . .

Yes if it's likely to go away or only be once a week, better off staying.

My point was the fact that many guys set up a situation where they've got no choice, literally can no longer move again until it's the shuffle off this mortal coil.

My point is.. in my experience, no matter where you live there will always be a time when a party is thrown, think weddings, funerals, ordination etc..

totster :)

Police does not deal with noise, city council does.

Next time give them a call and they will send a car around.

Noise will not be the only worry for "nose makers" as city hall rangers(or whatever you call them) will also ask to see permits and licenses.

Its amazing how fast those get shut downthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Nasty Burning Hair & Rubber Stink Bomb

• hair or fur
  • rubber bands
  • newspaper or notebook paper
  • matches or a lighter

Something to consider perhaps.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Thailand is noisy...Most Thais could happily sleep in front of the speaker in bright light....

I don't know how they do it, but this sensitivity to noise is an European thing. Most Thais wouldn't even understand where the problem is....

Just surfacing now after getting to sleep in the we hours this morning. Have found out our new head man is young and he is a big part of this but doesnt live close by(figures). This is a great area, has been very good for years and was why my wife bought here originally, it has only started getting loud since the new head honcho took over. I am attempting to find out where he lives and repaying in kind, I dont like to pussy foot around and have no problems doing whatever it takes to sort it. I respect peoples rights and will stand up for them even if the locals dont have the balls to do it themselves, wife is going to try to talk to all the neighbours though to see if we cant organize something. What shits me is the police school is only around the corner as are govt offices etc but they do nothing. I refuse to lie down for these bastards, should be interesting to see what happens.

Not really. There are places in Thailand where's is quiet and respectful. I'm in one of those places, and honestly, it's too quiet for me. I'm the opposite of you guys -- you complain about the noise, where I complain about the lack of activity / interaction.

Ok, there were a few parties on New Years that lasted until about 1 am. Then a couple months back there was one morlam concert somewhere in the vicinity, but lasted one night. Other than that, unspoken word here is 8pm, neighborhood shuts down, noise off, and all dogs inside. That's just the way it works here.

The "trick" is to move into a neighbourhood with rich/influential Thais. They don't want that kind of noise either, and unlike the OP, they have the connections and power to stop it. Of course, moving into such a neighbourhood may be expensive.

Oh, and living among the hisos generally also ensures that the area is clean, and not full of garbage everywhere, as everyone wants to keep up appearances, and their maids/gardeners do the cleaning anyway.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

This is one of my least favorite things about TH (and the region as a whole). Got a bit of it going on near my flat at the moment. It'll probably force me to move. The part that baffles and angers me the most is- as you mentioned- the lack of regard for the children.