noise and the police

seajae

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thais are brought up living with noise, starts at school with all the drum banging etc, they have no respect for other people when it comes to noise, and other thais that are affected are reluctant to intervene

Also a 30m baht home doesn't help against this. I have seen it myself.

Thai are just very selfish.

I also have been in a nice resort somewhere at a river, all nice and perfect. Then some driving disco's came by over the water, very very loud music. When it got dark those driving disco's came nonstop untill 2 am. They had loads of them and that was the attraction of the town. Loads of people came there to rent a partyboat like that. I 'm happy i forgot where it was.

Sounds like here in Kanchanaburi.

I believe though that now the governer has decreed that the disco boats must finish at 10pm.

I think he lives close to the river.laugh.png

I honestly think there may well be a genetic difference here, not just cultural. Maybe not in the sense organs but in the lack of an irritated reaction.

Just a fact of life here no point in getting upset, if it really bothers you just have to design your situation to minimize its impact, i.e. be ready to relocate

The biggest issue is that the Thai people simply do not hear noise. It does not register as noise in the same way westerners hear it. They do not consider it an issue, or a problem. Thailand is one of the noisiest countries I have ever been to. Many Thais not only do not seem to mind it, on the contrary I think they are very uncomfortable without it. Perhaps they do not like the sounds within their own heads that they hear when it is quiet. Many have the TV on all the time, and some have the radio blasting too, in addition to you tube on their computers. What other answers are there for those ridiculous trucks that drive around with huge speakers, blasting ads, and political messages? Have you ever seen such nonsense in a civilized country? Complaining to the police about noise, would be like telling them a taxi overcharged you, or something comparable. It would mean nothing. Moving sounds like the best idea, but finding quiet in this nation where noise is cherished over quiet is a very difficult task, indeed.

I know you probably don't want to or can't move Seajae. There is of course no other 100% solution but the more Thai locals and families on your side leads me to think there might be a Thai style way they can work out, so agitate behind the scenes but

don't be out there angry yourself.

• Like 1

Just surfacing now after getting to sleep in the we hours this morning. Have found out our new head man is young and he is a big part of this but doesnt live close by(figures). This is a great area, has been very good for years and was why my wife bought here originally, it has only started getting loud since the new head honcho took over. I am attempting to find out where he lives and repaying in kind, I dont like to pussy foot around and have no problems doing whatever it takes to sort it. I respect peoples rights and will stand up for them even if the locals dont have the balls to do it themselves, wife is going to try to talk to all the neighbours though to see if we cant organize something. What shits me is the police school is only around the corner as are govt offices etc but they do nothing. I refuse to lie down for these bastards, should be interesting to see what happens.

R.I.P. in advance.

Are you looking for more trouble than you can handle ? beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Nothing to do but wait it out, hope they move on - maybe try bribing them to go.

Or move.

Hope you're renting - once again never buy only rent. . .

once again never buy only rent. . .Beware it does not become obsessional... at least not too much biggrin.png