how to buy MS Office in Chiang Mai

Ebenweb

i'm struggling to buy a copy of Office (i'd settle for PowerPoint) online here, since i get routed to a thai-language version of the microsoft store. if i try the UK version of the store i seem to need a UK billing address.

i'd be happy to buy a copy from a shop here, legitimate or otherwise.

any suggestiongs?

Will try Pantip plaza.

Anyone know if they have it at Icon Square (seems like all hardware there). I ask because I'm going there now.

I'm using OpenOffice now and need better compatibility with files being created by MS Office apps--particularly PPT.

Try the link office.microsoft.com/en-us/

I reccomend buying a legal copy. That obviates any updating problems and leaves open the path to various upgrades at a reduced price. Some people like office 365 since it can be installed on 3 machines and is interoperable with the office applications on the web. There may be limitations to pirated copies and some "gotchas" as well. From time to time, Microsoft will invalidate keys that it discovers have been widely pirated. That locks you out of any future upgrades, including ones for security. Also, pirated software sometimes has rootkits or other nasties nestled deep within. Good luck!

• Like 1

Why not try "Open Office" full functionality and free !

Because you can't collaborate with people using MS Office and have the format not get messed up. Sometimes when you send something as an Office file you have to be 100% certain that the person you're sending it too sees it the exact same way as you.

But yes if it's personal use (or if you can send the final document as PDF) then OpenOffice (or Kingsoft Office) works just fine.

I'd like to suggest that you consider using Google Drive. If you don't have a Google account, you can sign up for free. If you use the applications within Google Drive, you won't need MS Office and the collaboration possibilities within it and by using Google Plus are superior to those in Office, IMHO.