2 GB Mobile Phone Data Package - Speed Limitation

ExpatOilWorker

I have a standard 2 GB data package, but have used 4 GB this pay period. I got the text saying data package was exceeded and speed would be reduced, but it never was.

Download speed is still 3-4 mbps.

Anybody else noticed this?

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Most operators (Including DTAC) currently have some promotions in place offering 2x volume, for 3 - 12 months. While these are generally targeted at new users, they are often extended to existing users to retain them, and keep them from getting peeved.

Are you pre-paid or post-paid? Which plan, exactly, do you have? 2 GB/549 baht pre-paid?

What is the reply to *101*1*9# call or send?

Without a lot more detail my best guess is some provisioning issue on DTAC's end, or some confusion on yours.

Edited by lomatopo

Most operators (Including DTAC) currently have some promotions in place offering 2x volume, for 3 - 12 months. While these are generally targeted at new users, they are often extended to existing users to retain them, and keep them from getting peeved.

Are you pre-paid or post-paid? Which plan, exactly, do you have? 2 GB/549 baht pre-paid?

What is the reply to *101*1*9# call or send?

Without a lot more detail my best guess is some provisioning issue on DTAC's end, or some confusion on yours.

Post Paid. *101*1*9# is not working. What is it?

OK. On post-paid use *121*1*9# This should return your current usage of any packages including internet. *121*9# should return your outstanding balance and service fee. If you have an Android phone you can use the app.: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.co.crie.tron2.android

Otherwise maybe contact DTAC (1678, [email protected]) to see if there is some problem, which might go unnoticed until you get your next bill.

OK. On post-paid use *121*1*9# This should return your current usage of any packages including internet. *121*9# should return your outstanding balance and service fee. If you have an Android phone you can use the app.: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.co.crie.tron2.android

Otherwise maybe contact DTAC (1678, [email protected]) to see if there is some problem, which might go unnoticed until you get your next bill.

Bill looks normal, so probably DTAC is just not enforcing the 2 GB data limit.

Have you excluded WiFi usage? Based on that spike early in this cycle I'd guess not, so that is a combination of WiFi and 3G. You're probably still below 2 GB of 3G if I had to guesstimate.

Go in to the Data usage sub-menu and un-tick "Show WiFi usage".

Did you get a reply from *121*1*9#?

Is that Data usage menu your only point of reference?

You could check on eServices or use the Android app.

Have you excluded WiFi usage? Based on that spike early in this cycle I'd guess not, so that is a combination of WiFi and 3G. You're probably still below 2 GB of 3G if I had to guesstimate.

Go in to the Data usage sub-menu and un-tick "Show WiFi usage".

Did you get a reply from *121*1*9#?

Is that Data usage menu your only point of reference?

You could check on eServices or use the Android app.

Never use wifi. 6 GB and download speed is still good.