Sea food restaurants.

fredob43

Here's one for you gourmets to get your teeth into.

Will be in Pattaya in a few days and the wife and myself like all forms of seafood.

What I am looking for is good restaurant's to get same doesn't have to be only seafood but at least a good selection of same.

Small large not bothered but would like an outside bit as don't really do Air/con:

Please don't tell me walking street as their at best overpriced rubbish.

Have car so distance isn't a problem but not 40/50k out please.

Thank you in advance for any recommendation's.

Don't eat the seafood in Thailand. The local stuff was swimming a sewage water when caught, has high levels of mercury and arsenic, and is bathed in formulin to boot. And as you say, the imported stuff is overpriced rubbish.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

Pu Pen Restaurant is outstanding- Jomtien Beach Rd., near the Na Jomtien elbow.

cool.png.pagespeed.ce.jz1nB6CMOI.png

Sure, if you like your dishes loaded with sugar.

Ok, if you say so. But, last time we ate at Pu Pen, we had a whole barbequed fish, friend rice with salted fish, gaeng som and tod mun goong... very little sugar involved.

Edited by Michaelaway

Preecha Ban Amphur, far superior to anything in Pattaya or Jomtieski, sorry Michaelaway but Pupen is a very bad example of a seafood restaurant here, overhyped, overpriced and the most diabolical quality. Head south fredob43.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Preecha Ban Amphur, far superior to anything in Pattaya or Jomtienski, sorry Michaelaway but Pupen is a very bad example of a seafood restaurant here, overhyped, overpriced and the most diabolical quality. Head south fredob43.

Please let us know if you find a good one as we have been going to Pattaya for 12 years now and havent found a decent seafood restaurant yet...have asked on here like you and the only recomendations are either places like the lobster pot on walking street which is absolutley rubbish and complete sacrilige of seafood or places too far away if like us we dont have a car when we are there!

In town, I rather like the place across the street from Foodland on Pattaya Klang.

I wouldn't call it a seafood restaurant like Pu Pen but they've got plenty of seafood dishes and overall quite a sophisticated Thai food menu. Price is right too.

In town, I rather like the place across the street from Foodland on Pattaya Klang.

I wouldn't call it a seafood restaurant like Pu Pen but they've got plenty of seafood dishes and overall quite a sophisticated Thai food menu. Price is right too.

Pra Jaan Baan.

Nice place, but can be a bit hit and miss with the food.

Thank you all for your replies looks like I'm back to farmed fish and prawns.

I would like to ask who the Buddha put's sugar on fish, only in Issan???

I have tried the one not to bad in the past at the end of Jom tien beach the one with a crab thing outside (sorry don't know the name H/H) but you have to have a car or else you could have problems getting back.

Once again many thanks to you all.

Pra Jaan Baan.

Yes have tried that before and your right a bit hit and miss, nice view though.

Last time we were there with friend's had a huge C/ck up with the dessert it's now known to us as the ice cream restaurant.

Down around Pu Pen there are several seafood restaurants that are heaving every weekend with Bangkokians. I have eaten in most and they are all prety much the same. I like them, but then i can walk to them in 2 minutes

I have a special place in Jomtien that is always busy with real food lovers. Mostly Thai customers.

Perhaps the best seafood in the area.

I won't bother mentioning the name since it is off the baht but route and the taxis from Pattaya will ream you, 500bt for a one-way trip.

• Like 1

Down around Pu Pen there are several seafood restaurants that are heaving every weekend with Bangkokians. I have eaten in most and they are all prety much the same. I like them, but then i can walk to them in 2 minutes

Your lucky to be that local.

The Crab one I spoke about is there in fact they have their own site well sort of if you Google Pu Pen.

Any others that you can recommend as I have only ever found the crab one that is very good most of the time but it would be nice to try some ware different. Direction from the crab one would be nice.

Thanks for you help.

Just asked the wife what Pu Pen was in English reply CRAB NOT DEAD, so now you all know.

Edited by fredob43

I'm thinking of a place like Spenger's Fish Grotto in Berkeley...nothing like this in Pattaya or Thailand!

For me, Pupen is to avoid. Last time I eat there, the food was not good. One day later, I got serious problems with my stomach. - the squid they served was not fresh.

Some new places for me to check out too, but as mentioned here many of the places mentioned seems to be a bit of a hit and miss.

Moving here from Phuket last year the only thing I miss here, except from the beaches is an decent seafood restaurant.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pra Jaan Baan.

Last time we were there with friend's had a huge C/ck up with the dessert it's now known to us as the ice cream restaurant.

Nice view? Of Pattaya Klang? unsure.png

We usually go once a month down to Bang Saray, for sea food. There are several sea food restaurants, and they are right over the sea. Nice breeze, nice food, not too expensive. I really dont know if they are the best, but I like sea food at the sea, not in some back ally. Also I dont like driving for an hour in Pattaya, looking for a parking space. Try Bang Saray, at least you will have a good sea view.

• Like 1

What was the point in this answer if your not going to name the restaurant!!!! i think the op said he will have a car so taxi fare's are not applicable!rolleyes.gif

I have a special place in Jomtien that is always busy with real food lovers. Mostly Thai customers.

I won't bother mentioning the name since it is off the baht but route and the taxis from Pattaya will ream you, 500bt for a one-way trip.

• Like 1

What was the point in this answer if your not going to name the restaurant!!!! i think the op said he will have a car so taxi fare's are not applicable!rolleyes.gif

Maybe he doesn't want the riff raff to spoil his special place ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

Pra Jaan Baan.

Get a grip JT Pra Jaar baan is 20+ km south of Pattaya.

Another vote for Preecha in Ban Amphur plus they recently opened one in Bang Saray.

In Pattaya I would probably go for Mumaroi just past the fish market in North Pattaya

Thanks for the Mum Aroi one at the end of Naklua Rd looked it up and it seems quite good.

I'll give it a try and I will report on any I find that are OK.

Another vote for Preecha in Ban Amphur plus they recently opened one in Bang Saray.

In Pattaya I would probably go for Mumaroi just past the fish market in North Pattaya

Thanks for the Mum Aroi one at the end of Naklua Rd looked it up and it seems quite good.

I'll give it a try and I will report on any I find that are OK.

I believe there is also a Mum Aroi on third road coming from Klang going to North near the first traffic lights.

Sent from my iPad, so please excuse any typos

Agreed, not much of a view.

But that comment makes me think. that you have only eaten out front ?

I was talking about the place on Pattaya Klang across the street from Foodland Supermarket. There is NO VIEW! What are you on about, front, back, huh?

Suttangrak is a good one too. They also have a japanese section as well as a wine bar. Live music is a bit iffy unless you want a farang with a guitar serenading you with Thai love longs. Further down is one wiith 3 in the name (big number 3 on the sign). All towards the end of Jomtien Beach Road.

Last week I went to PMY Beach just outside Rayong. Half the price of Pattaya and just as good. There are loads of restaurants right on the beach, very pretty if you can be bothered with the schlep.