Tell me about Songkran in Nong Khai please

Jingthing

Songkran is a nightmare everywhere. Many many moons ago when I first experienced it, This is Fun, I thought. But that was when I was young and foolish and it all looked like a massive wet T Shirt party!

Nowadays time to stock up on essential supplies, shut the gate's, raise the drawbridge and hunker down with Neflix for the duration

...and Yes Bah Humbug LOL

• Like 1

Seim Reap. No such animal.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I've heard they have a very similar festival in Cambodia. Not true?

Not true. You go to jail if you do there what is done in Thailand. I personally now this company and its owners. If you would like to contact them fell free to pm me for contact email address and phone number. I have no finical interest.

Songkran in Siem Reap from 4,750 Baht per person
Isaan Angkor Tours SONGKRAN IN SIEM REAP 12th/15th April 2014

From 4,750 Baht per person

The price is based on 2 people sharing a Superior roomarrow-10x10.png at the City River Hotelarrow-10x10.png and includes return minibus/coach travel from Prakhonchai/Surin to Siem Reap, plus 3 nights’ accommodationarrow-10x10.png with breakfast. A Deluxe room would cost 5,250 Baht per person.

The Cambodian visa for non-Thais is extra at about 825 Baht. Asians are usually charged 100 Baht to enter Cambodia.

12 Apr - 08.45 Leave Prakhonchai- arrive hotelarrow-10x10.png by 13.00 hrs

13 Apr - Visit to Angkor Wat (optional)

14 Apr - At leisure - consider Kompong Phluck

15 Apr - Depart at a time to be arranged for the border and Prakhonchai

This tour is during both the Thai and Cambodian New Year. Whilst Cambodians, like the Thais, celebrate Songkran with water - no water throwing is permitted in the Siem Reap area.

The itinerary allows time on the day of arrival to discover Siem Reap and perhaps visit the National Museum - a good source of information prior to visiting Angkor Wat. We also recommend a visit to Phare - a Cambodian circus. Alternatively, you may wish to relax with a glass of Angkor draft beer for 50 cents in Pub Street.

The start and finish point is Prakhonchai. Other pick up/drop off points may be possible subject to actual routing and additional cost.

As the 13th is a Sunday, be prepared that the madness starts on Saturday 12th at latest.

And remember crazy dangerous traffic starting at latest on Friday afternoon the 11th in case you want to flee.

Be away on the the 10th.