cbr1000rr low prices here for good

yankee99

Still waiting for the definitive answer on derestriction- if it's an ECU flash, no problem, but if it's done through smaller throttle bodies or something else invasive, it's a bit of a PITA and a warranty breaker.

Its a combination of all three exhaust, ecu and throttle plates. No flash required and it takes a few hours to complete but totally reversible. Honestly between paying 800,000+++ for a unrestricted suzuki or yamaha this is a no brainer 

Strange. Prices at bangkok bigwing is at 800 k thb still last weekend.
If these are permanent prices now, i can say a very good deal for a masterpiece.
But consider the 60 k thb you need to cough to de restrict it so price is actually 700 k thb for a full power cbr1000rr. Still not bad!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by ll2

If these are permanent prices now, i can say a very good deal for a masterpiece.
But consider the 60 k thb you need to cough to de restrict it so price is actually 700 k thb for a full power cbr1000rr. Still not bad!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Shouldn't cost anywhere near 60k unless you adding in a overpriced aftermarket exhaust. But what do I know.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was aware of these prices a month ago but didnt post as they weren't in writing.

These drops are all good for new buyers.

I imagine it might sting a little for those who paid the higher price

& were thinking of selling/changing bikes though.

Not too good for the grey importers either. 59Bike currently have a 5 year old GSXR1000 advertised for more than the cost of a brand new CBR1000RR. That's gotta be a tough sell.

• Like 2

When I compare the price of my L3 GSXR to the new Ducatis (which I used to ride), I feel like I have a bargain.
And 700k for an unrestricted CBR1000rr is really good. Has anyone gone this route yet?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

200hp? For the street? Heck, go for it!

But I rarely get into 6th gear or anywhere near the rev limiter on mine.
But when I do....."see that smile on my face baby? Ear to ear."
Also glad to see the Jap inline 4's finally starting to look as good as the pasta rockets.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

If this comes in around 600k I might have to get it.
http://issuu.com/benjaminlindley/docs/pb_march_month_in_bikes

the r1 needed a facelift for a long time already... finally its looking right.

I like the idea of mapping via my smart phone.

You know this is something I have wished for a long time now.

It is dependent on someone taking any of the dynojet based programs like

Powercommander,FuelMoto, Two Brothers etc use & porting it to Android, or IOS etc

Right now it seems only on PC so a bit of a hassle

Although my Fuelmoto EFI holds 10 maps it is marked for three so I only ever load three

Meaning the dial shows 3 locations. If you load more you need to count clicks & the clicks are soft

But every time I want to load 3 new maps that entails bringing my laptop to the bike.

Of course once sorted 3 maps is plenty enough

Yet if they would port that dang program to Android I could use my phone or my tablet

both of which are much smaller. Of course wireless would be best of all using something like AirDroid so you

need to input the matching password to connect & no wire

Edited by mania

If this comes in around 600k I might have to get it.
http://issuu.com/benjaminlindley/docs/pb_march_month_in_bikes

the r1 needed a facelift for a long time already... finally its looking right.

I like the idea of mapping via my smart phone.

You know this is something I have wished for a long time now.

It is dependent on someone taking any of the dynojet based programs like

Powercommander,FuelMoto, Two Brothers etc use & porting it to Android, or IOS etc

Right now it seems only on PC so a bit of a hassle

Although my Fuelmoto EFI holds 10 maps it is marked for three so I only ever load three

Meaning the dial shows 3 locations. If you load more you need to count clicks & the clicks are soft

But every time I want to load 3 new maps that entails bringing my laptop to the bike.

Of course once sorted 3 maps is plenty enough

Yet if they would port that dang program to Android I could use my phone or my tablet

both of which are much smaller. Of course wireless would be best of all using something like AirDroid so you

need to input the matching password to connect & no wire

i am waiting this to be mainstream too.

but all i know one of the electric bike makers has this system now. dont remember the maker now.

• 4 months later...

Not sure why Honda does this if it wants to "compete" with the big boys that have over 180 BHP.

it is still a mystery!

Honda guys say because of emission tests - than how come yamaha r1 or honda vfr1200 here is full spec?!

But i think it is just because of getting away from bad publicity as sure there might be some dead people trying to ride such a powerful bike. Honda is careful on these kind of things.

I cant see any other reason.

I think it is Honda "dumping" its Japanese market spec bikes in Thailand.  Japan has some strange laws, and alot of what Honda did in the past was related to satisfying Japanese motorcycle laws.  Japan had a restricted licensing system, where a special license was required for bikes over 400cc.  Hence that is why you see alot of Honda (and other Japanese) 400cc bikes in Thailand.  Bikes under 250cc were exempt from a certain road tax...hence you had the NSR250 and the (original 4 cyl) CBR250RR, which in its day, cost the same as a 400cc/600cc bike.   In Japan, an unrestricted 1000cc bike is only for export (otherwise a 1000cc bike is limited to the required maximum hp which I believe is 120hp).  So to have an unrestricted bike in Japan you have to "export" it from Japan, then "import" it back.   Otherwise you are stuck with the neutered bike.

What you are seeing imported into Thailand are the bikes that are made for the specs of the Japanese domestic market.   It was specially de-tuned to meet Japanese law.   This wasn't an emissions thing, this is a "we have to make it lose power to meet Japanese law" kind of thing.  This is also why it will be a pain in the ass to deristrict it.  It's not just the ecu.  Honda specifically made the bike for Japan, so it's also the gearing, the throttle bodies, the exhaust...alot of stuff is different from the ROW CBR1000RR.

• Like 1

I think it is Honda "dumping" its Japanese market spec bikes in Thailand.  Japan has some strange laws, and alot of what Honda did in the past was related to satisfying Japanese motorcycle laws.  Japan had a restricted licensing system, where a special license was required for bikes over 400cc.  Hence that is why you see alot of Honda (and other Japanese) 400cc bikes in Thailand.  Bikes under 250cc were exempt from a certain road tax...hence you had the NSR250 and the (original 4 cyl) CBR250RR, which in its day, cost the same as a 400cc/600cc bike.   In Japan, an unrestricted 1000cc bike is only for export (otherwise a 1000cc bike is limited to the required maximum hp which I believe is 120hp).  So to have an unrestricted bike in Japan you have to "export" it from Japan, then "import" it back.   Otherwise you are stuck with the neutered bike.

What you are seeing imported into Thailand are the bikes that are made for the specs of the Japanese domestic market.   It was specially de-tuned to meet Japanese law.   This wasn't an emissions thing, this is a "we have to make it lose power to meet Japanese law" kind of thing.  This is also why it will be a pain in the ass to deristrict it.  It's not just the ecu.  Honda specifically made the bike for Japan, so it's also the gearing, the throttle bodies, the exhaust...alot of stuff is different from the ROW CBR1000RR.

yes, we know that but what is the reason?

cbr1000rr is coming out of the same factory and exported all over that world and i am sure restricting a bike costs more than exporting it from the line unrestricted.

and also, gearbox of Thai model and Japanese one are not the same it looks like.

Japanese:

変速機形式 常時噛合式6段リターン 変速比 1速 2.285 2速 1.777 3速 1.500 4速 1.333 5速 1.214 6速 1.137

And Thai and European Spec attached.

But, i am checking now bigwing website and it states same gear ratios of Japanese spec! so confused on this too.

I agree with submaniac, it certainly makes more sense than the emissions story seeing as everyone else (and actually Honda themselves) can sell unrestricted bikes 1000cc and above (R1, GSXR1000, VFR1200, Hayabusa, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc.).

These bikes can't sell in Japan due to the poor economy. Just selling off surplus stock cheap IMO.

I agree with submaniac, it certainly makes more sense than the emissions story seeing as everyone else (and actually Honda themselves) can sell unrestricted bikes 1000cc and above (R1, GSXR1000, VFR1200, Hayabusa, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc.).

These bikes can't sell in Japan due to the poor economy. Just selling off surplus stock cheap IMO.

but, they are selling new 2014 - 2015 restricted models now in Thailand  - same as Japan -  and sure they were available recently at the same time in Japan maybe a couple of months before Thailand so where is this surplus stock coming? New model was released recently.

These are big companies so they estimate their surplus etc and produce accordingly. If they were selling 2013 restricted models in Thailand from Japan now, i can understand what submaniac says.

Edited by ll2

The price makes me think they're not dumping bikes, but have instead worked out some sort of deal with the Thai government, perhaps based on the lower power output (in the same way that cars are taxed according to power and engine displacement).

The CBR1000RR is nearly 460K baht (1,468,800 yen) in Japan- with current import taxes, they should go for about 775K in LOS, which is in line with the literbikes from other Japanese manufacturers. I doubt they're bringing them in just to make no profit or even take a loss.