Grenade fired at house of Suthep's wife

webfact

Grenade fired at house of Suthep's wife
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- ANOTHER M79 grenade was fired on Saturday night at the house of the wife of Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

Srisakul Promphan posted a message on Facebook to say it was the second bomb attack on her Phutthamonthon home. She said the grenade on Saturday landed on the lawn near the dining room.

"I was at home when the grenade landed," she said.

"I don’t know how many more grenades will be fired to satisfy them.

"But we will fight on. Although they want to take our lives, the kamnan [suthep] will fight with his life."

Her son, PDRC spokesman Akanat Promphan, posted a message on Facebook to say no one was injured in the attack at 7.10pm.

On March 11, two grenades were fired from an |M79 launcher close to Srisakul's house but failed to explode.

Meanwhile, Suthep held a training session yesterday with more than 2,300 guards at the Lumpini rally site.

He instructed the guards to stay disciplined and obey their supervisors.

He told them that the PDRC's fight against the Pheu Thai-led government would become more intense and that PDRC would soon win the fight.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-17

I am happy to read that this lady was not injured in this cowardly and despicable attack on her home. I also hope that she is able to deal with the trauma shock of being so close to an explosion.

Violence must end for any progress to be made. It only leads to further violence, and should be condemned outright by both sides.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The M79 grenade launcher attacks continue.

Along with subsequent police inactivity.

You would think that CCTV would be posted everywhere to pick these incidents up, this includes everyone with a high profile, sloppy security ,sloppy police work.

In the last 4 months over 100 grenade-, bombs and firearms attacks have taken place,
with over 20 people death and over 700 people injured.
How many cases have been cleared up yet?
How much of this crazy murderers – shooters were caught until today?
0, Zero from over 100 attacks?!!!!
The police leadership include CMPO and DSI should immediately resign for incompetence.
  • Like 1

I know what mean.

But don't worry too much.

Surely the PDRC stockpile of grenades is getting low by now.

When they run out and can no longer bomb themselves things will be fine.

You are a waste of time, you rarely answer a good question put to you about ---Follow the money-scams.

Like this you are thriving on what the opposition does, or what you want to stir up.

If there was no opposition, protests etc., What stance would you take regarding the ex governments governing.??? I will guarantee no reasonable answer.

• Like 2

I know what mean.

But don't worry too much.

Surely the PDRC stockpile of grenades is getting low by now.

When they run out and can no longer bomb themselves things will be fine.

pipkins, give it a rest already, you are not swaying anyone to your side with your "arguments".

• Like 2

Quote:

["I was at home when the grenade landed," she said.].

What a strange choice of words.

The grenade landed, makes it sound like it didn't blow up ??

No mention of damage or anything ?

Anyhow a despicable act at a house where wife and possible children reside !

Lower than low.

Those alleged grenade attacks were nothing more than a publicity stunt in hope to gain sympathy for Suthep and his family. Does Suthep actually think that Thai people are that stupid to believe that two grenades were launched at his wife's residence and one did not explode while the other exploded but cause no damage or injury? Anyone who wants to launch a grenade at such residence would make sure that people are home and that it will cause the intended damages - without any doubt. As a former military personnel, I know for a fact that grenades that are launchable, such as M79s are rarely ever not exploded, as the grenade is launched and landed in full force to ensure that it explodes upon contact with the ground. Suthep is running out of ideas on how to increase his publicity, so he is pulling these idiotic stunts.

• Like 2

Those alleged grenade attacks were nothing more than a publicity stunt in hope to gain sympathy for Suthep and his family. Does Suthep actually think that Thai people are that stupid to believe that two grenades were launched at his wife's residence and one did not explode while the other exploded but cause no damage or injury? Anyone who wants to launch a grenade at such residence would make sure that people are home and that it will cause the intended damages - without any doubt. As a former military personnel, I know for a fact that grenades that are launchable, such as M79s are rarely ever not exploded, as the grenade is launched and landed in full force to ensure that it explodes upon contact with the ground. Suthep is running out of ideas on how to increase his publicity, so he is pulling these idiotic stunts.

Yeah, right, that's what happened.

(Full sarcasm mode engaged).

she is not a very well liked person and neither is her family according to my wife, she is linked to some nasty matters in the south so it could be anyone taking pot shots at her not that this makes it ok to do. When you use violence/threats to gain wealth you have to expect enemies and her and her family fit this to a tea, suthep has nothing on her and their son.

At least they only blew whistles at Pojaman.

• Like 1

she is not a very well liked person and neither is her family according to my wife, she is linked to some nasty matters in the south so it could be anyone taking pot shots at her not that this makes it ok to do. When you use violence/threats to gain wealth you have to expect enemies and her and her family fit this to a tea, suthep has nothing on her and their son.

At least they only blew whistles at Pojaman.

That is one of the most dangerous practices known to mankind, utterly inexcusable, the trauma it causes, Pojaman will have to have expensive therapy over years to get over this shock.cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Troll posts removed. Don't try and derail this topic. Find the appropriate thread and post there.

Added: Some of you are bordering on losing your posting privilege with your tiring rhetoric. Post about the subject at hand, not party line propaganda. That applies equally to both sides of the political debate.

100% agree that postings should be on topic and not repeating the same old yellow or red or multicolour crap time and again. Facts are useful and accusing other posters of this and that position is a personal attack and should be prevented. Stick to the facts and not personal political opinions which most of us do not give a sh**t about.