95.5 percent of Crimeans vote for joining Russia

webfact

Funny in what way? Now the decision to annex or not will be made and after that we'll see Putin's plans for additional Ukraine land.

Update -- Putin will annex Crimea.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot speak as to Putin's plans or motives here. No one can. I can say without a doubt that Russians in Russia now feel somewhat mislead or deceived because Putin has taken actions inconsistent with his earlier assurances. Russians both here and abroad are very concerned about the long term impact of this and do NOT want further devisive action with West or Ukraine.

Not sure where some of you guys get your information, but Ukranians are frickin pissed. Some of our closest friends that are Ukranian even act a bit hostile toward my wife over this and she has nothing to do with any of this. Sad really as they have no where else to turn their anger.

I bet North Korea could throw a couple of "we are so happy videos" and some of you guys would believe the we are so happy in NK too provided there was some anti-west message in there somewhere.

Funny in what way? Now the decision to annex or not will be made and after that we'll see Putin's plans for additional Ukraine land.

Funny in a way that you keep on posting Russia invaded Ukraine and Crimea by force, as it turns out it did not.

What's more Russia has recognized Crimea as a sovereign state, so your theory of invasion is once again out the window.

It would seem Putin is acting within the law allowed by Russian constitution, he is not following USA constitition but then why should he?

I cannot speak as to Putin's plans or motives here. No one can. I can say without a doubt that Russians in Russia now feel somewhat mislead or deceived because Putin has taken actions inconsistent with his earlier assurances. Russians both here and abroad are very concerned about the long term impact of this and do NOT want further devisive action with West or Ukraine.

Not sure where some of you guys get your information, but Ukranians are frickin pissed. Some of our closest friends that are Ukranian even act a bit hostile toward my wife over this and she has nothing to do with any of this. Sad really as they have no where else to turn their anger.

I bet North Korea could throw a couple of "we are so happy videos" and some of you guys would believe the we are so happy in NK too provided there was some anti-west message in there somewhere.

How many Russians is that ? There and abroad not including your wife and what she says?

Ukrainians are pissed?? Because 1-2 you know do not like your wife, so that automatically means all Ukrainians are pissed off?

Just as all Russians are because your wife is?

Edited by whoisyourdaddy

How many Russians is that ? There and abroad not including your wife and what she says?

. . . large family, many friends and university mates from Novisibirsk and spends all day dealing with the money people in Moscow and St. Petersburg as a BofA investment banker dealing almost exclusively with Russian market.

Her job is to assess macro or political and economic climate in Russia in effort to protect US institutional investment in Russia. Why criticize or bash what you don't know or understand?

Shelistened to all of the Putin speeches on this issue, was very defensive about Putin and now she is like <deleted>, this does not make sense.

. . . large family, many friends and university mates from Novisibirsk and spends all day dealing with the money people in Moscow and St. Petersburg as a BofA investment banker dealing almost exclusively with Russian market.

Her job is to assess macro or political and economic climate in Russia in effort to protect US institutional investment in Russia. Why criticize or bash what you don't know or understand?

Shelistened to all of the Putin speeches on this issue, was very defensive about Putin and now she is like <deleted>, this does not make sense.

In that case it must be so, and all those hundreds of thousands cheering must be all fakethumbsup.gif

You ask a very interesting question, Why criticize or bash what you don't know or understand?

So let me ask you, Why criticize or bash what you don't know or understand? Clearly in every post you make it's "my wife says" or "wife friends say"

So that would mean you are basing all your knowledge and experience on what i person, your wife says.

May be i missed when she was voted to be a spokesperson for the entire Russian population, in which case i apologize.

But to keep on stating "RussianS" as a whole basing it on what one person says is really really very silly.

PS. Your wife will need to start looking for another job soon, as Russia already stated they would freeze all American Investments.

Edited by whoisyourdaddy

Ukrainians are pissed?? Because 1-2 you know do not like your wife, so that automatically means all Ukrainians are pissed off?

Just as all Russians are because your wife is?

1 or 2? You have no clue. We live in a large city 1/2 the year and in a beach town 1/2 the year.

If you knew anything about Eastern Europeans you would know they have an uncanny way of finding each other in large US cities. She was with a group of 20 plus Eastern European women for Int. women's day last Friday. Our beach town is also a magnet for Eastern Europeans, mostly Ukranian.

You try and bash messenger when message not jive with your personal wants or beliefs. If you believe Ukranian's are not pissed as hell, you either have no understanding of Eastern Europeans or you are blinded by a personal agenda.

Funny in a way that you keep on posting Russia invaded Ukraine and Crimea by force, as it turns out it did not.

What's more Russia has recognized Crimea as a sovereign state, so your theory of invasion is once again out the window.

It would seem Putin is acting within the law allowed by Russian constitution, he is not following USA constitition but then why should he?

That's rich. I was speaking of the Ukraine legal system. We get it. Crimea is now Russia. Hope it stops there.

So all those well equipped troops and vehicles were local Crimean "self-defence" forces. Those who surrounded the Ukrainian military bases, occupied the parliament building, airports and secured the ferry crossing at Kerch and the northern approaches to the peninsula. If you really think that they were not Russian forces, try harder next time to be convincing.

So after an invasion, Putin recognizes Crimea as a sovereign state but before the invasion and prior to his announcement?

Also does the Russian constitution permit the invasion and occupation of sovereign states?

I suppose the Russian signature on the Budapest memorandum of 1994 guaranteeing the territorial integrity of Ukraine is unimportant?

How many deaths were there among Russian-speaking inhabitants of the Crimea as a result of aggression by neo-Nazi Ukrainian types?

So all those well equipped troops and vehicles were local Crimean "self-defence" forces. Those who surrounded the Ukrainian military bases, occupied the parliament building, airports and secured the ferry crossing at Kerch and the northern approaches to the peninsula. If you really think that they were not Russian forces, try harder next time to be convincing.

So after an invasion, Putin recognizes Crimea as a sovereign state but before the invasion and prior to his announcement?

Also does the Russian constitution permit the invasion and occupation of sovereign states?

I suppose the Russian signature on the Budapest memorandum of 1994 guaranteeing the territorial integrity of Ukraine is unimportant?

How many deaths were there among Russian-speaking inhabitants of the Crimea as a result of aggression by neo-Nazi Ukrainian types?

Surrounding and invading is not one of the samethumbsup.gif

Wrong question, how many deaths were there among Russian speaking in Kiev and the rest of neo Nazi popular city's?

That's rich. I was speaking of the Ukraine legal system. We get it. Crimea is now Russia. Hope it stops there.

No, you were not speaking about Ukraine legal system, you keep on speaking about Russia invading, which Russia has not and is going through proper constitutional channels, Russian Constitution not EU or US

Surrounding and invading is not one of the samethumbsup.gif

Wrong question, how many deaths were there among Russian speaking in Kiev and the rest of neo Nazi popular city's?

What was the legal basis for the presence of Russian troops (glad you have given up denying their presence) in the Crimea outside the designated bases as per the 1997 Partition Treaty between Russia and Ukraine?

Moving one's miltary into the territory of another sovereign country is an invasion in anyone's book. Where is the justification?

What was the excuse for moving into the Crimea? Violence in Kiev etc was a long way away. What threat was sufficiently intense to excuse the Russian intervention? Does this mean that Donetsk/Kharkiv are next?

Ignoring the Budapest Memorandum undelines the illegitimate nature of this whole operation.

Putin's comparison with Kosovo is laughable. Serbia’s claim over Kosovo is based on the argument of territorial integrity, so when Russia recognised the Georgian breakaways of South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008, this was a major disappointment for Serbs. So self-determination is fine for Abkhazia, S.Ossetia and now Crimea, but notions of "territorial integrity" trump self-determination in Chechnya and are of little concern even when advanced by an ally such as Serbia. Seems to be a case of whichever the wind is blowing in Moscow.....

• Like 1

No, you were not speaking about Ukraine legal system, you keep on speaking about Russia invading, which Russia has not and is going through proper constitutional channels, Russian Constitution not EU or US

U must be blind and really naive. Proper constitutional channels.....funny man you....

What was the legal basis for the presence of Russian troops (glad you have given up denying their presence) in the Crimea outside the designated bases as per the 1997 Partition Treaty between Russia and Ukraine?

Moving one's miltary into the territory of another sovereign country is an invasion in anyone's book. Where is the justification?

What was the excuse for moving into the Crimea? Violence in Kiev etc was a long way away. What threat was sufficiently intense to excuse the Russian intervention? Does this mean that Donetsk/Kharkiv are next?

Ignoring the Budapest Memorandum undelines the illegitimate nature of this whole operation.

Putin's comparison with Kosovo is laughable. Serbias claim over Kosovo is based on the argument of territorial integrity, so when Russia recognised the Georgian breakaways of South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008, this was a major disappointment for Serbs. So self-determination is fine for Abkhazia, S.Ossetia and now Crimea, but notions of "territorial integrity" trump self-determination in Chechnya and are of little concern even when advanced by an ally such as Serbia. Seems to be a case of whichever the wind is blowing in Moscow.....

Before i continue to read the rest of the drivel, please link for me when i denied presence of Russian troops AROUND Crimea?

Then link for me any source which says Russia was NOT suppose to have ANY troops IN Crimea?

I will not get into discussion about Ossetia or anything else, as out great moderator will delete most truth posted, as being off topic.

And to end this silly discussion. What is your interested in Crimea? None?

You just like to respect people's freedom and choices? Great, People of Crimea have spoken, NOW respect it

Crimea voted and they have the right to choose, its not a question of the Crimea belonging to Russia so much as if thats what the people of Crimea choose then so be it. Ukraine bankrupted itself already it is not fit to manage Crimea responsibly, the current political situation in Ukraine is also highly controversial and being managed by the US and EU for its own agenda that is clear.

The west and EU cannot afford another bankrupt country such as the Ukraine anyway, it is no different to the cuba crisis with the US as far as Russia is concerned, in fact its right on the land border and worse, this is a serious threat to its security and it should not for one moment be a surprise it is securing its black sea port.

The US UK etc didnt bother with proper channels re Iraq, the west has gone in to many places uninvited many times, its also recognised many regime changes by dictators and carved up countries for its own pleasure. The UN has nothing to say regarding Russia's offer to Crimea.

The legality of things has nothing to do with anything, legality is only observed when it suits the UN nations otherwise members do what they want anyway..... double standards by the UK US EU etc

Far as sanctions are concerned it will blow right back in the US and EUs faces. Russia holds a LOT of cards, gas oil etc.... now what do you suppose would happen if Russia declared that their oil can now be paid for in anything other than the US dollar or raise prices of gas to the EU ?? Bye bye US economy bye bye EU recovery.

There wont be any military action as neither side are that stupid and there will be a lot of posturing on the wests part no doubt but end of the day there is little they can do and the Ukraine is not important enough to escalate the crisis much further.

There is another little factor which many either do not know or do not want to know.

Ukraine is due to pay gas bill to Russia, from memory around USD$300 000 000, which Ukraine does not have.

Russia already made a statement that if payment is not received, it will be recovered one way or another AND any future gas supplies would have to be paid in advance ie pre paid.

What is EU going to do? pre pay Ukraine in hope they will pass on the money? Cake might be little bigger than EU is capable of biting.

• Like 1

This will be the final public warning to stay on topic and to quit making personal, inflammatory remarks directed at other posters.

You will receive a warning and a suspension.

Stay on topic.

As others have said this is the people of Crimea expressing a wish to be part of Russia .

It has nothing to do with the USA or their lackeys in Europe.

I admire Putin for not letting the west mess in his backyard.

US foreign policy is behind the mess in Ukraine.

Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 2

Crimea voted and they have the right to choose, its not a question of the Crimea belonging to Russia so much as if thats what the people of Crimea choose then so be it. Ukraine bankrupted itself already it is not fit to manage Crimea responsibly, the current political situation in Ukraine is also highly controversial and being managed by the US and EU for its own agenda that is clear.

The west and EU cannot afford another bankrupt country such as the Ukraine anyway, it is no different to the cuba crisis with the US as far as Russia is concerned, in fact its right on the land border and worse, this is a serious threat to its security and it should not for one moment be a surprise it is securing its black sea port.

The US UK etc didnt bother with proper channels re Iraq, the west has gone in to many places uninvited many times, its also recognised many regime changes by dictators and carved up countries for its own pleasure. The UN has nothing to say regarding Russia's offer to Crimea.

The legality of things has nothing to do with anything, legality is only observed when it suits the UN nations otherwise members do what they want anyway..... double standards by the UK US EU etc

Far as sanctions are concerned it will blow right back in the US and EUs faces. Russia holds a LOT of cards, gas oil etc.... now what do you suppose would happen if Russia declared that their oil can now be paid for in anything other than the US dollar or raise prices of gas to the EU ?? Bye bye US economy bye bye EU recovery.

There wont be any military action as neither side are that stupid and there will be a lot of posturing on the wests part no doubt but end of the day there is little they can do and the Ukraine is not important enough to escalate the crisis much further.

There is another little factor which many either do not know or do not want to know.

Ukraine is due to pay gas bill to Russia, from memory around USD$300 000 000, which Ukraine does not have.

Russia already made a statement that if payment is not received, it will be recovered one way or another AND any future gas supplies would have to be paid in advance ie pre paid.

What is EU going to do? pre pay Ukraine in hope they will pass on the money? Cake might be little bigger than EU is capable of biting.

Indeed, its well understood in most informed financial circles out of a 15B loan/bailout being bandied about by the EU etc that the first 3B of it at least would just be handed straight over to Russia anyway.Nor should it entertain dealing with the current neo naz, far right regime that has effectively installed itself in Kiev.

The EU cannot afford the Ukraine or its black hole of debt hence the proposition of raising the price of gas there to cover payments, its simply unaffordable for the Ukrainian people and nor do they understand how screwed up their countries economy already is. They want to join the EU so they can of course move and have a better life. As an example the state pension in Russia is far far higher than in Ukraine and partly why Crimea voted to rejoin.

One other thing, Just like the Vietnamese are nicknamed the Russians of Asia.Russia will endure anything, poverty, hunger, economic collapse even genocide. They will simply endure.....This is not the case of Europeans or Americans. The mindset is different and fragile in comparison, so is the western system.

Putin knows this

Edited by englishoak

Indeed, its well understood in most informed financial circles out of a 15B loan/bailout being bandied about by the EU etc that the first 3B of it at least would just be handed straight over to Russia anyway.Nor should it entertain dealing with the current neo naz, far right regime that has effectively installed itself in Kiev.

The EU cannot afford the Ukraine or its black hole of debt hence the proposition of raising the price of gas there to cover payments, its simply unaffordable for the Ukrainian people and nor do they understand how screwed up their countries economy already is. They want to join the EU so they can of course move and have a better life. As an example the state pension in Russia is far far higher than in Ukraine and partly why Crimea voted to rejoin.

One other thing, Just like the Vietnamese are nicknamed the Russians of Asia.Russia will endure anything, poverty, hunger, economic collapse even genocide. They will simply endure.....This is not the case of Europeans or Americans. The mindset is different and fragile in comparison, so is the western system.

Putin knows this

They will endure...reason ?

Because Russia always has endured and its people are well used to the hardships imposed and experienced over centuries. Russians are extremely hardy people my friend and would suggest just like the master chess players the next few moves are already worked out

Edited by englishoak

Because Russia always has endured and its people are well used to the hardships imposed and experienced over centuries. Russians are extremely hardy people my friend and would suggest just like the master chess players the next few moves are already worked out

Not with Gary Kasparov's help, that is for sure.

I think this conflict makes clear the extend of manipulation in the media from both sides. Thats sad.

The common man looses anyway.

• Like 1

I think this conflict makes clear the extend of manipulation in the media from both sides. Thats sad.

Do you know of any times when common man wins?

• Like 1

And since when has it ever been about the common man ?

Exactly ;)

2nd WW ??

Nope the 2WW was far from being about the common man, anymore than 1st WW was I wish I could say different. WW2 didnt just happen by accident, it redrew and completed the whole worlds power balance shift, with help and influence of anything but the common man. In short WW2 happened by design, not by accident.

It is also no accident what is occurring in Ukraine. You seen im a Ukrainian vid on you tube ? propaganda and very professionally done by one certain US producer Emmy Award winner Ben Moses. It is not ever about the common man.

She's a real person expressing her feelings. Yes she got production help from a very sincere media man who is politically focused on international people's movements who are organizing to oppose authoritarian governments. So what? That is bad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Moses

Ben Moses -- he's not a fascist, he's not a Nazi, he's not CIA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deborah-stambler/i-am-a-ukrainian-can-you-_b_4781793.html

"I was in Ukraine preparing a film on democracy -- and the lack thereof -- when the protests overwhelmed everything. Hundreds of thousands of ordinary people flooded the streets, finally fed up with the corruption and ceaseless power grabbing by the leaders of this government. Meeting the people in the protests -- many families with children -- and hearing their stories propelled me to try and do something to spread the word about what their issues really are. This young woman personifies the vast majority of the people on the streets in the country, and speaks to the heart of the protest. The vast 99% are not thugs or neo-Nazis, they are ordinary citizens who have simply had enough."

Actually this kind of message is good to counter the viciously distorted Putin propaganda that the Ukrainian movement is only about Nazis.

Edited by Jingthing

Isn't that exactly what the Soviet Union/Communism promised? Didn't they deliver for the common man? Has Putin?