Transfer car but owner not in Thailand

Hi all, I need a little help.

I am helping my friend sell his car. He is currently back in the USA (he is a US Citizen) and the car is in Chiang Mai and he is getting it brought down to Bangkok (where I am) to sell it.

The Blue Book is available and signed but he is unable to come back to Thailand for quite some time.

My question is; which paperwork do I need bearing in mind he is not here? I have a buyer (Thai) ready but not sure about the process of transferring the ownership.

Thanks.

Seek out an agent, best way to avoid pitfalls, expedite the process and get all the answers you need for a more than reasonable price, They'll handle the transfer and getting the paper work to the purchaser etc.. It also puts a third party representative between you and the purchaser who in this case is also Thai so it alleviates a lot of anxiousness for both of you over the details.. Where bouts in Bangkok are you?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Not if his visa is still valid, have him send it over over night.. I also don't think that applies to sales, only purchases. Because in theory it is not even required to make the transfer immediately..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Here's the shop I used several times I hope this comes out right I had to google from memory. You can barely see the Blue and yellow gear sign from this angle that signifys it's an inspection shop.

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.925235,100.593036,3a,75y,176.71h,96.71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sFpJDw2Rw6u64rWlyy0E-OA!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

The shop that does the transfers is located behind this shop they are related. Their daughter speaks pretty good English too if she's there if not usually they can call her. I think those are the GPS coordinates in the hyperlink above if I'm not mistaken?

It's down Srong Bra Pa Rd. directly across from Don Muang airport there's a large temple on the corner then turn left and go down a ways and you'll pass a school on the left and go underneath a walk over bridge it's right on the left, drive a little further and make the first left and again left and go down to the end on the right. You may be able to get a phone number off the sign out front I can't see one though. Hope that helps.. BTW if you come from Sirat expressway from the other direction from Don Muang airport direction all of this is backwards and requires a Uturn to get back. Good luck.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Here's the shop I used several times I hope this comes out right I had to google from memory. You can barely see the Blue and yellow gear sign from this angle that signifys it's an inspection shop.

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.925235,100.593036,3a,75y,176.71h,96.71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sFpJDw2Rw6u64rWlyy0E-OA!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

The shop that does the transfers is located behind this shop they are related. Their daughter speaks pretty good English too if she's there if not usually they can call her. I think those are the GPS coordinates in the hyperlink above if I'm not mistaken?

It's down Srong Bra Pa Rd. directly across from Don Muang airport there's a large temple on the corner then turn left and go down a ways and you'll pass a school on the left and go underneath a walk over bridge it's right on the left, drive a little further and make the first left and again left and go down to the end on the right. You may be able to get a phone number off the sign out front I can't see one though. Hope that helps.. BTW if you come from Sirat expressway from the other direction from Don Muang airport direction all of this is backwards and requires a Uturn to get back. Good luck.

Thanks again will give them a call.

Any other suggestions from anyone?