Thai passport out of date and visa in old one

As the title says, my wifes passport runs out on the 06 sept 14. and her settlement visa runs out on 20 sept 14.

We are travelling to Thailand for a holiday on the 4th June for two weeks.

I think it is best if she gets her new passport while we are in Thailand then.

We are applying for FLR visa, when her current visa runs out.

Her new passport will not have the visa stamp in it,but I think they give her ,her old passport back as well with a hole through it, to say it has been used, does this matter that her old passport will have the visa stamp in it

I hope you guys can answer my problem, thanks

Her visa will still be valid even though the passport it is stuck into has expired.

Simply show both old and new passports where necessary.

As you have plenty of time why not renew her Thai passport via the Embassy in London?

We were at the RTE on Monday doing just that for my wife.

You have to make an appointment, and when my wife made hers the lead time was about 2 weeks.

They told us that at the moment it will take about 2 months for her to receive the new passport;

So were Mrs Wasas to apply at the RTE there is a strong possibility that her new passport would not be back in time for her to travel on 4th June.

Plus it's cheaper to do in Thailand and, depending on where they live, quite possibly more convenient.

Edited by 7by7

My wife went to the City Hall in Phitsanulok, (where they issue Thai Passports for our area). The official there attached her new and old Thai passports together, and put an official stamp in the new one, to continue the validity of the settlement visa, which was in her old Passport.