March 19, 201412 yr Has anyone had any difficulty importing books among your personal belongings ? do you have to submit a list for censor approval ? I have a large collection of books and I would like to have them with me during my retirement
March 19, 201412 yr You can import books. I think a list of them would be needed for the import documents. You can look for some info here. http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/individuals/importing+used+or+secondhand+household+effects/importingusedsecondhandhouseholdeffects+
March 19, 201412 yr I imported books as part of my personal belongings. The inventory just said (used) books without giving the titles. All items were just general descriptions like books, cd's, cutlery, etc. I did use an agent that negotiated the duties for me.
March 19, 201412 yr Same as Mario - I had a pile of books in with other personal belongings and they were just listed as used books and were never queried. One word of advice - don't ask for trouble by detailing more than you are asked for: "cutlery" = any, whether it is silver or not; "books" = we have just mentioned; kitchenware = stuff for the kitchen whether it is new or not; "clothes" = just that - don't start listing 20 silk shirts, 4 pairs Poulson & Skone shoes etc. And one last thing - don't over insure your used and well worn household items when sending them here.
Create an account or sign in to comment