Getting Around At The Airport

Im going to be landing in BKK and trasnfering to the domestic terminal to fly to Samui. I have 90 minuetes between landing to get my bag, go through customs and get to my next flight. Is this a reasonable amount of time to trasfer planes?

Not a problem. The domestic terminal at Don Muang is connected by an enclosed walkway to the international terminal. Once you have cleared customs (20 minutes ?) got your bag (20 minutes ?), you still wil have 10 minutes, and that is (just) enough !

You are lucky that you will be arriving at Don Muang. If and when the new airport ever opens, it will take half aday and a lot of baht to make that transfer.

Something to look at -

1) Delays in the first flight (either taking off or landing)

2) Jam at the immigration counter

3) boarding time allowed for the second flight (some flights have strict rules on boarding time allowed)

4) bags - check in or carry on flight (for the second flight)

Might want to have a plan B for just in case things don't go as plan.

Explorer :o

Im going to be landing in BKK and trasnfering to the domestic terminal to fly to Samui. I have 90 minuetes between landing to get my bag, go through customs and get to my next flight. Is this a reasonable amount of time to trasfer planes?

As a veteran of over 100 flights and many of those at said airport, The Dude says you can make it w/o difficulty provided you dont dog it and are swift on your feet. No need for shuttle bus just walk fast btw terminals.

There are a lot of departures (15 + dailies) to Samui so if you were to miss your flight PG would presumably just put you on the next flight with open space (maybe check with them first?), which would probably depart within the next 60 minutes. The connection is tight, especially if the passenger is unfamiliar with the ins/outs of BKK. If at all concerned you could change your booking to a slightly later departure, an then stand-by for an earlier one if you make it to the PG counter early.

After retrieving your bags, and exiting customs, basically head north, or left through to Terminal 2, go up one level (Departures), via two escalators, then follow the signs for the walkway to the domestic terminal. To check in with PG I think you then have to go down one level (in the Dom. terminal).

PG will be making the move to Suvarnabhumi, so a similar connection will likely be easier?

If you miss a plane catch the next one.They run almost every hr.Low season too! :o:D

Cool. Im quiet familiar with BKK airport since Ive been living here for 2 years but I have never had a trasfer like this so I wanted to make sure.

Im a pretty swift walker so Im sure I can make it with no hassles.

THanks for the reasurance guys!

I'd still consider this a tight connection,

The wild card in the mix is clearing Immigration,

I've done it in 15 minutes, other times I've been in line over an hour,

Wide body carriers arriving at the same time, dumping off hundreds of passengers can create sizable lines very quickly, most likely you'll be alright, just don't tarry, :o

Cool. Im quiet familiar with BKK airport since Ive been living here for 2 years but I have never had a trasfer like this so I wanted to make sure.

Im a pretty swift walker so Im sure I can make it with no hassles.

THanks for the reasurance guys!

... and if you catch the trolly at the right time, the guy will give you a lift. :o

Note that I gave the wrong direction in mi previous post, it should read:

After retrieving your bags, and exiting customs, basically head SOUTH, or left through to Terminal 2, go up one level (Departures), via two escalators, then follow the signs for the walkway to the domestic terminal.

Too late, lomatopo, I am already close to Saraburi dragging my bags behind me. :D

:D

Well the "turn left" part was correct. :o For some reason I get messed up on north/south, (actually NNE/SSW, matching the runways, 03/21, for 30 degrees/210 degrees) at Don Muang all the time.