What foreigners dont get about Thai girls.

michaeltheR

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually starting to feel sorry for this guy. First, I am sure he has a self image problem. Why else would he have the pic he does reflecting "what he thinks is himself"............... Second, I think he has had a history of older guys doing boom boom with someone close to him. One heck of a lot of jealousy in his ongoing rants about "older guys" and "younger women" not wanting them............................. Does make one wonder...........

It's a SHE you idjit, and her avatar is eye candy just like many fellas have.

Maybe don't bother armchair-analyzing other posters, keep the focus on the ideas in the discussion?

It claims to be a she. Is more correct.

This is an anonymous internet forum where you can claim to anything you like.

I'm really the Queen of England.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2

Gosh Darn, I am glad that is cleared up...............................

Was actually feeling sorry for the "guy"...............................

Now that I know it is not, well, bottom line is that I feel one heck of a lot better. lol

And truly sorry to anyone that I may have offended.........Seems some a little "sensitive" in this area....................... Just saying as I am always one to ponder why?????..

All I can state is this "idjit" as mr, or maybe ms the intellectual wym refereed to me as, is quite happy to be who I am, where I am and what I am.

An Older dude blessed to be in Thailand with a younger beautiful, intelligent, funny and quick witted "Thai" wife.............. End of Story.........

There, now I will let you that seem to be obsessed with it get back to what you do best, Thai Girl bashing and Older Farang younger wife bashing........As Idjit, oops, sorry, Mr or Ms WYM stated, I "was getting off topic by trying to talk us into another direction away from bashing Thai Girls or Older Farangs,. God forbid, we not want any of that. So on with it.................

As for me, I am taking my toys and going home as I am both an older farang and happen to have a younger Thai wife................ :)))

• Like 1

I've been in Thailand a long time and I have long figured out that most Thai girls prefer a Thai guy about their age. I accept that. But there are plenty of Thai women who, by circumstance, are looking for foreigners. For example, single mothers. Just the other day, I advised a close friend that a single mother may be the best way to go. She'll be ready to settle and won't be "hard work," as the OP says. But if you want to compete with a Thai guy for a grade A hottie, a Thai guy who's got the culture and language advantage down pat, you've got no chance. Sorry, but that's reality.

I worked that out by my second trip - absolutely no requirement to spend years in the country, just go to a Thai venue outside the usual Farang haunts. It's a bit like telling us that hot 20-somethings in Oz are looking for guys with washboard abs, a BMW and a 6-figure salaries : it's only a discussion here because some of us are sufficiently deluded to believe that nature is somehow turned upside down in Thailand.

Where it IS different, IMO, is with women over 30, but apparently this is a discussion about 'grade A hotties' so I wont go there.

It's good that you "get it," but I can assure you that a lot of farang guys don't. I've got men visitors from America all the time and they're constantly smitten with the belief that "Thai girls love us!" Of course, they come to this conclusion after spending most of their time in girlie bars. I've met many farang guys who think that every single Thai girl wants to be with a farang. I would imagine you know guys like this.

But you do have a point about women over 30 (or 40, whatever that magical over-the-hill age is). Once a woman realizes that her due date is coming up quick, she's very open to different options.

Basically what I am trying to say is that people who have trouble finding a partner in their native either because they are too shy or other reasons they will not have easier play in Thailand or anywhere else. What I enjoy here is the fact that there is no bad reaction when starting to start a casual conversation with women, but there is still the cultural barrier.

Regarding what foreigners don't get about Thai women, there is an old Thai saying: Give a Thai girl a fish, and you feed her for a day; give a Thai girl a fishing pole, and she will beat you over the head with it and take your wallet. Next?

laugh.png

Basically what I am trying to say is that people who have trouble finding a partner in their native either because they are too shy or other reasons they will not have easier play in Thailand or anywhere else.

I guess by "have play" you mean "get it for free" - if so, then you are correct.

If you're willing to go about it the normal way for here, then even Quasimodo won't have any trouble at all, the challenge is remaining single.

Basically what I am trying to say is that people who have trouble finding a partner in their native either because they are too shy or other reasons they will not have easier play in Thailand or anywhere else.

I guess by "have play" you mean "get it for free" - if so, then you are correct.

If you're willing to go about it the normal way for here, then even Quasimodo won't have any trouble at all, the challenge is remaining single.

Which is why I don't understand whay so many ex pat's get married here?

I have a friend I will see later today in LA, who admitted his fiance, was a bar girl in the Philipines.

he is just getting divorced from his LA bitch who took everything he built, (thank you CA)

and she has two daughters.

He has two kids in LA, 9 and 13

I almost choked when saying , congrats

When I mentioned that he may want to wait a while, and see if she makes the adjustment,

He said he knows he is "a goner"

Sometimes, I wonder

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1

I've been in Thailand a long time and I have long figured out that most Thai girls prefer a Thai guy about their age. I accept that. But there are plenty of Thai women who, by circumstance, are looking for foreigners. For example, single mothers. Just the other day, I advised a close friend that a single mother may be the best way to go. She'll be ready to settle and won't be "hard work," as the OP says. But if you want to compete with a Thai guy for a grade A hottie, a Thai guy who's got the culture and language advantage down pat, you've got no chance. Sorry, but that's reality.

I worked that out by my second trip - absolutely no requirement to spend years in the country, just go to a Thai venue outside the usual Farang haunts. It's a bit like telling us that hot 20-somethings in Oz are looking for guys with washboard abs, a BMW and a 6-figure salaries : it's only a discussion here because some of us are sufficiently deluded to believe that nature is somehow turned upside down in Thailand.

Where it IS different, IMO, is with women over 30, but apparently this is a discussion about 'grade A hotties' so I wont go there.

It's good that you "get it," but I can assure you that a lot of farang guys don't. I've got men visitors from America all the time and they're constantly smitten with the belief that "Thai girls love us!" Of course, they come to this conclusion after spending most of their time in girlie bars. I've met many farang guys who think that every single Thai girl wants to be with a farang. I would imagine you know guys like this.

But you do have a point about women over 30 (or 40, whatever that magical over-the-hill age is). Once a woman realizes that her due date is coming up quick, she's very open to different options.

Basically what I am trying to say is that people who have trouble finding a partner in their native either because they are too shy or other reasons they will not have easier play in Thailand or anywhere else. What I enjoy here is the fact that there is no bad reaction when starting to start a casual conversation with women, but there is still the cultural barrier.

Before the thread went into overdrive, I will say I mostly agree with you, but not fully.

First of all, anyone here can find a 'girlfriend' if they throw some cash around. If we exclude that and say that you only want to find a girlfriend who is middle class, educated and up, then it may actually just be harder, assuming you're a normal guy simply because you are likely mostly to meet a certain kind of woman and the language and culture barrier.

However, for guys who are otherwise 'normal', but have certain traits which are not popular in the west such as being short and skinny, they will fare much better in Thailand, because that is the norm here. Some guys I am sure would do better with women in China for example instead of Thailand, because China is a more masculine culture, or Japan, which is a more introvert culture.

I'd say, if you're an extrovert, short and skinny, then Thailand is the perfect place to be :D

What farangs Know about Thai Women ( girls ), i's a joke. they know nothing !

Would you mind putting us farangs wise to your marvellous knowledge about Thai women?

I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Can we knock this educate malarkey into touch.

A university degree in this country is worth precisely what on the global stage? I have met one woman in Thailand who I would class as genuinely educated and she studied and then PhD in physics in the UK.

It's interesting, isnt it ? The same people who bang on about the generally low standard of education in Thailand will gleefully tell you that they only hang out with classy women from Chula. Classy women they met in a Thonglor bar on a Wednesday night in the middle of term - that doesnt sound like ANY of the Singaporean women I did my degree with back in the early 90s. I've never seen students quite like the Singaporeans - fanatical - but then I've never seen academics who work as hard as the visiting Chinese academics at the provincial Uni I spent 4 long years at in the early noughties. Incredible work ethic.

The law of averages says that Thailand *does* have good academics and above-average students, but I wonder how that translates to the middle of that all-important bell curve when the results are tallied.

A university degree in this country is worth precisely what on the global stage? I have met one woman in Thailand who I would class as genuinely educated and she studied and then PhD in physics in the UK.

It's interesting, isnt it ? The same people who bang on about the generally low standard of education in Thailand will gleefully tell you that they only hang out with classy women from Chula. Classy women they met in a Thonglor bar on a Wednesday night in the middle of term - that doesnt sound like ANY of the Singaporean women I did my degree with back in the early 90s. I've never seen students quite like the Singaporeans - fanatical - but then I've never seen academics who work as hard as the visiting Chinese academics at the provincial Uni I spent 4 long years at in the early noughties. Incredible work ethic.

The law of averages says that Thailand *does* have good academics and above-average students, but I wonder how that translates to the middle of that all-important bell curve when the results are tallied.

Ah yes. Classy women from Chula.

About as well rounded and possessing of a good education as your average high school girl in the UK. Have u ever really listened to it?

So, yes, the girls can be many things, but the odds they will drag you into a discussion of any great academic depth are pretty slim.

No matter where they are from. Thats OK. But claiming one bunch are better educated than the other is really BS.

• Like 1

Ah yes. Classy women from Chula.

About as well rounded and possessing of a good education as your average high school girl in the UK. Have u ever really listened to it?

So, yes, the girls can be many things, but the odds they will drag you into a discussion of any great academic depth are pretty slim.

No matter where they are from. Thats OK. But claiming one bunch are better educated than the other is really BS.

I'm not talking about a gal who just got a Bachelor of Business from the University of Shenzhen - I'm talking about academics who are routinely being published in the journals which (if the Dean of my old Faculty was to be believed) are the be-all-and-end-all of an academic's career. You can be the best teaching academic in the university, but without those published papers you might as well have spent your career sitting in the staff room - the Chinese knew that and they put in the time while many of the locals went home to collapse in front of the TV. Life in a provincial town presents its own set of challenges, but in my opinion the Chinese made the most of their stay. The Singaporeans are a whole other kettle of fish - they know how important their grades will be to getting a job when they go back to one of the most competitive labor markets in the world : do the math.

OP, the majority of Thai women, respect and love their husbands or boyfriends.

Of course there are exceptions, amplified by the media and Forums.

In the age of equality, in the farang world, it's difficult nowadays, to have an honest relationship.

Thai women have been brought up to respect.

Farang women have been brought up to argue.

My TW must have been brought up as a faring, explains a lot !

Most decent Thai ladys/Girls would not be seen dead with a foreigner, its a step down for there racist family views. this is not a flaming post before its deleted by the mods.

That hasn't been my experience,

the younger crowd maybe, but not the middle aged, from mid 30'sd up,

they have gotten past the stigma and are hungrier

God I hate to but I have to throw this out there again.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus............................ PERIOD...................................

Does not matter that the girls here are Thai, no more than it does that the ones from Hollywood are from Hollywood. Or the ones from Paris are from Paris.

To even suggest that you have some cosmic insight into what is or is not a joke, is a joke in itself as far as stating you understand "Thai" women. To even state this underscores the simplicity of the simplicity of the issue.

I am always at odds as to why some seem to think that "Thai Girls" are so much different than any other girls in the fricken world. Seems to me at times that they must have never got laid before they came to this country....................................... These Are Girls, no different than any other country. Treat them right, "sometimes" you will get this in return. Treat them wrong, well, then you are screwed.............................

Tough task for some.................... Do with your eyes closed for others........................................

We are to different species. End of story.........................

Yeah, I am just a simple guy, leading a simple life, not trying to complicate it to much by trying to understand things I am not capable of understanding............................

Most decent Thai ladys/Girls would not be seen dead with a foreigner, its a step down for there racist family views. this is not a flaming post before its deleted by the mods.

That hasn't been my experience,

the younger crowd maybe, but not the middle aged, from mid 30'sd up,

they have gotten past the stigma and are hungrier

Mate, your experience in zero, ziltch, nada,

You're only meeting hookers, and only hookers that specialize in hooking white foreigners.

(There's a different group that specializes in Chinese businessmen, then another group that only does Japanese, etc. very few work broadband)

yo mate, no offense, but, before I shacked up w the soapy girl,

I was hanging with my friend from NYC and his wife;s friends were drooling for a shot,

All over 30, none with kids, all wanting what she has,

please

I did more than find one girl to play with

You want any chance of a respectable Thai girl. You need to apply the following rules.

1. She must not be associated with any foreigner (now or in the past).

2. She must not know any wife or gf of a foreigner.

3. She must speak no foreign language, especially English.

White guys often have a (former) sex worker gf/wife, and the friends of the gf/wife will also be sex workers.

So introductions via that route are as suspect as meeting her directly in the bar.

• Like 1

yo mate, no offense, but, before I shacked up w the soapy girl,

I was hanging with my friend from NYC and his wife;s friends were drooling for a shot,

All over 30, none with kids, all wanting what she has,

please

I did more than find one girl to play with

Well then you must be an EXPERT on Thai women!

Funny thing is in Thailand 10% of women have their first baby before age 18. The average age of Thai women having their first baby is 23.

http://www.unicef.org/pon95/fami0009.html

So lets see.....you met a ton of over 30 Thai women who have NOT had a baby ......guess you got lied to. But then again I'm sure with your 6 months experience in Thailand you can tell when you being lied to by a Thai women....laugh.png

So lets see.....you met a ton of over 30 Thai women who have NOT had a baby ......guess you got lied to. But then again I'm sure with your 6 months experience in Thailand you can tell when you being lied to by a Thai women....laugh.png

Not sure how they can lie about not having babies?

Once their knickers are off, you can see for yourself.

So 1 or 2 hours after meeting them for the first time, truth revealed.

Unless you're a half-wit!

Not sure how they can lie about not having babies?

Once their knickers are off, you can see for yourself.

So 1 or 2 hours after meeting them for the first time, truth revealed.

Unless you're a half-wit!

Obviously I am not the expert you are with women who have had babies previously .....but consider this.... NOT all women have "stretch marks" or other telltale signs of birth ....which can be lied away!

• Like 1

Would you mind putting us farangs wise to your marvellous knowledge about Thai women?

Lived here since 1990 full time and wasn't an OAP when I came here, I was 35, does that satisfy your eagerness to profit from my experience ?

Lived here since 1990 full time and wasn't an OAP when I came here, I was 35, does that satisfy your eagerness to profit from my experience ?

It does for me.....so ....

Just bugs me how ill informed opinions are thrown around, aspersions and generalizations cast upon Thai people willy nilly by stuck in their ways old guys who should know better, and who probably came here to exploit the very people they put down on a regular basis.

Shame on you !

• Like 2