What foreigners dont get about Thai girls.

michaeltheR

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to lean Thai, but I have to admit, my gf has learned much more English in the past 12 months than I did Thai ( we had a wee bet ). So, yes Thai do/can learn a foreign language.

Re the OP:I've been with my misus almost 7 years now... we've had a few problems along the way, but we've sorted things out.

Never generalize... it's also up to YOU to make a relationship work....

The missus and I are trying to have kids and grow old together... yes, it can work.... not always, but no pain, no gain... Good luck

You didn't notice that unless you speak thai, the conversation doesn't go much beyond where to eat your next meal, did you?

Thai at Heart, I respect your personal observation, but you can never generalize.

There are many couples in Thailand that can have proper conversations and discuss anything and everything.

Thai people do learn English.

Farangs seldom bother to learn Thai.

Edited by djayz

well said

RE: I Think this was the Topic??

What foreigners dont get about Thai girls

Same as in any other country. Simple as that. For those that seem so confused here, and always going on about how "different" they are in so many ways. Heck, you must have been virgins when you got here.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Great book and yes, simple as that. At least for some of us. Yeah, I have read it, At one time many years ago I owned three copies. One I bought, two copies from ex girlfriends. Meaning they did not understand me, and I sure as heck was confused by them.

Yeah, you sure as heck can get screwed over by Thai girls, no, not different, or as the Thai T shirt states, "Same Same, But Different" as any other country.

Love my Thai Wife, confused at times, heck yeah, almost every day. Nothing to write home about though, or fill up a blog, and most cultural, meaning the problem is me understanding her, not her understanding me..................................................... But, maybe I am finally growing up as I strive every day to learn the culture, and from what I have seen in the past three years, it is very cool stuff if you spend the time striving to understand it............

As I have noted before, I have pretty much stopped trying to teach my wife "western" culture. I truly see no point. I love her Budda based peaceful Thai heart. I came here with an open mind. I have far more to learn than I have to "teach". In fact more and more I realize that in most cases all I am doing is setting myself up for causing a loss of face to someone I love and nothing to gain by it. Meaning I keep my "western" culture on a leash and try and give myself enough rope to pull in and learn the Thai Culture. To me, this is far more important and will reap me far more in the long run than trying to "westernize" my Thai wife. Why any of us would want to do that is totally beyond me......... Heck, not being westernized is one of the many things I love about her..........................................

yes, with 50 you're too old to have kids. Tie a knot on it and enjoy...

As a newbie I don't know if this is on topic or not or should be in a new topic, but I would like to discuss the pro's and con's of having children with your younger gf/ wife, especially when you already have (almost) grown up children from previous relationships. I am 50 and gf is 33 and dearly wants to have a luug kreung or two. Me I am scared. How will my current children handle it? Do luug kreung really fit in and are accepted well into Thai society? Am I to old and do I have the energy for this?

Apart from the acceptance of mixed kids in thai society....the other questions only u urself can answer.

Good luck.

From what I know Lukruengs are considered good looking and are in the entertainment industry by default. Thai people like them. And no with 50 you are defiinitely not too old.

you've obviously been meeting the wrong women... if you look in a trashcan, you'll only find trash..

try looking for a "normal" woman, a woman who isn't a hooker... lovely ladies

Thai women ARE different from western women, they are from a third world country, and have simple needs. they just look for rich man to pay for their family.
They are simple people, emotional, talk a lot, more sociable than men, they would do low paid jobs if they didnt have a shortcut, US! But men like to pedastalise females, but these women care NOTHING about you, try telling them your money has run out, then you will know.

Men are from Mars, Thai women are from the land of entitlement.

that's because they (the women) are in their 30's and can't find a (Thai) husband.... that's where the most of us (farang) step in... accept an older woman, sometimes with a child , divorced and unacceptable for the local (male) population...

Most decent Thai ladys/Girls would not be seen dead with a foreigner, its a step down for there racist family views. this is not a flaming post before its deleted by the mods.

That hasn't been my experience,

the younger crowd maybe, but not the middle aged, from mid 30'sd up,

they have gotten past the stigma and are hungrier

As a newbie I don't know if this is on topic or not or should be in a new topic, but I would like to discuss the pro's and con's of having children with your younger gf/ wife, especially when you already have (almost) grown up children from previous relationships. I am 50 and gf is 33 and dearly wants to have a luug kreung or two. Me I am scared. How will my current children handle it? Do luug kreung really fit in and are accepted well into Thai society? Am I to old and do I have the energy for this?

Apart from the acceptance of mixed kids in thai society....the other questions only u urself can answer.

Good luck.

From what I know Lukruengs are considered good looking and are in the entertainment industry by default. Thai people like them. And no with 50 you are defiinitely not too old.

Issue is, how well can anyone move up and in Thai society? Luuk kreung go so far in some industries.

I am trying to lean Thai, but I have to admit, my gf has learned much more English in the past 12 months than I did Thai ( we had a wee bet ). So, yes Thai do/can learn a foreign language.

Re the OP:I've been with my misus almost 7 years now... we've had a few problems along the way, but we've sorted things out.

Never generalize... it's also up to YOU to make a relationship work....

The missus and I are trying to have kids and grow old together... yes, it can work.... not always, but no pain, no gain... Good luck

You didn't notice that unless you speak thai, the conversation doesn't go much beyond where to eat your next meal, did you?

Thai at Heart, I respect your personal observation, but you can never generalize.

There are many couples in Thailand that can have proper conversations and discuss anything and everything.

Thai people do learn English.

Farangs seldom bother to learn Thai.

I come from a country where reasoned debate is part of daily life. Thailand it isn't. So whilst my first statement about the level of conversation being a bit glib, at the end of the day, I don't expect my wife to sit and discuss the latest developments in Thai business, the strength of the euro, or Obamas attitude to Crimea.

Its just different folks for different strokes.

WOW Wym.....member less than 90 days and over 3000 POSTs!w00t.gif

Someone NEEDS to get a life!

Or was posting on TV a New Year's resolution.?

No...He is another astroturfer paid to post by George

Talk about clueless - then why do I keep getting banned? And even now when I'm more "careful" a good %age of my posts get silently deleted.

And if you've been paying attention my politics certainly run counter to that of management too.

A paid poster would rotate between quite a few IDs as well rather than being so prolific with one.

So nice try but no cigar. . .

PS George if you read this I'm open to offers but won't tone down the sex-positive and poly rhetoric, that's a sacrosanct hobby horse.

• Like 1

Correction: Talking about it is a sacrosanct hobby horse. Nothing ever posted on here of a probative nature to indicate that any of it is other than sheer fantasy.

Edited by JLCrab

So you keep speculating - got an ax to grind or what?

Maybe I've just made you realize it's possible to have nearly as much fun as you do at 1/50th the expense?

I have no idea as to whether what you write is true or not -- all I'm saying is that, if it were fantasy, it would be written as just the same.

Well just be aware that when you get involved with a Thai girl or woman be prepared for drama and all too often plenty of it.

What ever is going on in her life, past, present and into the future you will be dragged along into it including the good, the bad and the ugly.

• Like 1

That's not fair, have met/known/been related to/married sex workers that are diligently honest, much more ethically principled than the average "straight" woman.

Sure the expectations and contexts arising in some aspects of the profession lead to a tendency to deceit, very much true for other more mainstream-respected careers.

But then the good ones are paid more so for their acting ability than the physical gymnastics, the top earners I've known end up hardly considering that aspect significant at all.

But when push comes to shove lots of working girls are morally straight-edge and loyal friends.

But of course if you see them all as sub-human treat them with disrespect you'll never get the chance to see that side of them, the good ones will steer far clear of you.

Amen,

it took me a long time to understand she is an actress, and I met her in her "role"

once inside her home, it was very, very normal, and in many ways, a wholesome home environment.

my logical sense was always in flux,

it was very much the same as my life in florida, but not enough to make me stay

And, they wouldnt lie, because, the friend's wife wouldnt permit that anyway.

There are people with morals and scruples, and high values, and although I understand there is all sorts of face saving lies, that is not specific to thailand, I watched my wife lie all the time about her art qualifications and singing capability, then dismiss as stage fright, or some other in a handbook of excuses, for being a truly poor performer and for creating art that no one ever bought from her

but, to lie about having a kid?

when it would be easily verified, lacks logic in any soceity

only TV posters would believe that A conscious man, not a brain soaked in alcohol or over come with the emotion of love, could be fooled by a girl hiding a husband and child, as a brother and nephew.

a woman cannot hide how she looks at a child, or speaks about him,

there will always be tell tale clues, always

real life is real life,

people lie all the time,

and generally, it is about the same things, but not something easily verified later,

even a drunken liar can do better than trap themselves so easily

Scarpolo ....your absolutely hilarious.....and Naive

Some Thai women DO lie about having children, Some Thai women DO lie about family, Some Thai women DO lie about having only been in the business for a few days, Some Thai women lie about not having a husband. Wanna take a guess what profession they're in.

I realize in you 6 months in Thailand your encounters with Thai women are somewhat limited....and therefore your statements should be limited to talking about your "soapie" prostitute and your friends wife friends.

AS for being able to tell when a Thai women in sex trade is lying ....well that's easy ....she opens her mouth!

those girls werent in the sex trade. and the wife's friends would not lie, as the wife was speaking for them as they didnt speak english.

there is no chance they would lie through her, because the friend would immediatetly correct that, and her moral stature wouldnt do it

zero tolerance fo bullshit is essentially the brooklyn way,

he carried it with him to thailand,

to the detriment of everyone around him.

call it, the king of the castle syndrome, gone brookyln

not everyone is gullible and naive, although it is healthier than your perennial scepticism, and useless sarcasm,

it doesnt work on us,

we arent kids in the playground,

the thai girls are kids, and it is a playground, for us

sorry it doesnt fit your box because we are also willing to pay our way though life.

I just spoke to my married neighbor, 38, two kids, working hard, and described to him the living situation in thailand, to which he remarked, it sounded the same as america and the west, including the need for the atm card.

And whoever said be interested in the white collar thai girls,

uhm, no thanks,

dont want them here, why on earth would we want them there?

Edited by Scarpolo

AFter living here a couple of decades, I've kinda forgotten what it was like in the West but I disagree that Thai women are more friendly and outgoing.

There are more Thai women who are desperately trying to escape poverty - so they are an easy pick up and a hundred times more subservient than Western ones.

Yes, why buy an expensive coffee table when you can get a perfectly good Thai wife. :)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

That the accumulation of assets and money is the most important thing in the world.

..Oops farangs are the same! Including me.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After 50,

it isnt about that at all

I am a GIRL foreigner and what you don't get is how to properly title a topic, cause I really don't care about your chart

I like to think my chart would be useful for W4W but might require adjusting for that context - suggestions welcome. Obviously most posts will be of little interest to any one individual, best to just move on without comment if it that's truly so - I take it you're straight and CIS-gendered?

I didn't title the topic, but I think the "looking for TGs" qualifier is self-explanatory.

What I really wanted to know about Thai women.

If I moved to Thailand and wanted to date, how can I avoid getting into a relationship?

Do I need to have a gated community?

Would security guards help?

How to discourage women from getting attached?

I have pondered this, I really didn't want to have to change sims and move frequently.

It's not just a different language, but a different culture too. Thai girls are fine if you know how to treat them.

Thai girls are great.

They are girls.

Not same in USA. the girls was too competitive in the business world, and far too independent for most men

I find the girls in thailand, up front and honest,

it is just hard to believe them,

but you should.

Edited by Scarpolo

If I moved to Thailand and wanted to date, how can I avoid getting into a relationship?

I have pondered this, I really didn't want to have to change sims and move frequently.

Well depends on your meaning of the word "date".

If you're young and hansum and not poor, you might have a chance at nailing some of the tiny proportion of TGs that are happy to have sex just for fun no strings attached.

But for the vast majority the whole purpose of "dating" is to form a long-term relationship, usually meaning marriage and kids.

Except of course for those just looking to extract money and move on, which for noobie farang will be the majority of those you encounter until you learn enough Thai to avoid them.

The trick is simply never revealing your real residence - either use the short-time hotels which do abound, or maintain a second temporary flat for your sexercise sessions.

The nicer the latter, the less likely you will have to resort to explicit sex workers. Few "nice girls" will be happy to be go the ST hotel route.

Flipping SIMs I'm afraid is unavoidable,but what's the big deal with that?

Edited by wym

Well depends on your meaning of the word "date".

If you're young and hansum and not poor, you might have a chance at nailing some of the tiny proportion of TGs that are happy to have sex just for fun no strings attached.

But for the vast majority the whole purpose of "dating" is to form a long-term relationship, usually meaning marriage and kids.

Except of course for those just looking to extract money and move on, which for noobie farang will be the majority of those you encounter until you learn enough Thai to avoid them.

The trick is simply never revealing your real residence - either use the short-time hotels which do abound, or maintain a second temporary flat for your sexercise sessions.

The nicer the latter, the less likely you will have to resort to explicit sex workers. Few "nice girls" will be happy to be go the ST hotel route.

Flipping SIMs I'm afraid is unavoidable,but what's the big deal with that?

ST hotel is strictly for those cheating.

Not sure this poster needs to be shown that black hole.

He is seeking the holy grail, and will not find it, unless it comes with HIV or a ladyboy.

Females in thailand aren't looking for this guy,

unless they are drunk and cannot find their way home.

he will be paying bar girls week one same as I did when I first arrived, but wanted something more stable, and found it,

he should be, so lucky

Edited by Scarpolo