Head Person of Moo Baan Required at Immigration for Marriage Extension?

I am in the process of compiling documents to submit for a marriage extension of stay, previously being on a retirement extension. Having spoken to the immigration office a few weeks ago, who gave me a checklist and even translated it into English for me, the only problem I can foresee is the necessity of taking the head person of the moo baan with us for an interview with the immigration officer.

What questions does immigration ask him?

We live on the outskirts of RoiEt where my wife has lived for several years and she had no idea who this person is. Eventually, after many inquiries to the neighbours and a trip to the local Gov. Building, she discovered that this person doesn’t even live locally so will have no knowledge of us whatsoever. I’m pretty sure this guy if we can find him, will oblige us in taking a two hour trip to immigration for a small gratuity …. I hope!

According to the immigration officer, he is required to ‘guarantee’ us living together as a married couple at the address where we live by signing a document in front of the officer; is that all?

Seems a rather pointless exercise but needs must and all that jazz.

That sounds like Amnat immigration.

There are also other offices that ask for the village head to do it. It is just to confirm you are living together. They do it instead of doing a home visit.

From another report on this it can also be one of the village heads assistants.

There are also other offices that ask for the village head to do it. It is just to confirm you are living together. They do it instead of doing a home visit.

I think someone brought a neighbor for the interview

This never came up with my application. On my first application we were informed that we would have a house visit and have 2 witness. Plus that we had 3000 baht ready for the immigration chaps when they showed up. All done, now on my second extension and none of the bother from the first year.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think someone brought a neighbor for the interview

This never came up with my application. On my first application we were informed that we would have a house visit and have 2 witness. Plus that we had 3000 baht ready for the immigration chaps when they showed up. All done, now on my second extension and none of the bother from the first year.

It entirely depends upon which office you go to. The is no set rule for every office. Most do a home visit for the first extension.

Some want one witness when you apply others want two to be with you. Others will accept a statement from one or two neighbors.

For my first extension the immigration gave us a letter to the local police requesting they write a letter after accepting the application. My wife then took the letters to immigration a few days later.

I've done all my extns at Amnat and have never been asked to provide any other Thai other than my wife at the visa application extn interview.

I know of no other local expats who have done marriage extns there (Amnat) that have been asked to bring along local officials to verify the application but then perhaps they are changing the rules for new applicants ...

Good luck.

I've done all my extns at Amnat and have never been asked to provide any other Thai other than my wife at the visa application extn interview.

I know of no other local expats who have done marriage extns there (Amnat) that have been asked to bring along local officials to verify the application but then perhaps they are changing the rules for new applicants ...

Good luck.

The might of been doing home visits or contacting the local police then if that was where you go your first extension. Things do change especially when they have staff changes.