Taxi Driver Finds 50,000 THB And Asked The Police To Find Its Owner

Rimmer

Taxi Driver Finds 50,000 THB And Asked The Police To Find Its Owner

pdn291.jpg

PATTAYA – March 19, 2014 [PDN]; at 01.00, Mr.Wichain Polkong, 58 year old, from Chonburi, a taxi driver, at Utapao airport Sattahip, took a wallet containing 50000 baht to the police station to notify Pol.Lt.Col.Suppachai Phuikaewkam, director of Pattay police station to find the owner.

Mr.Wichian Polkong, said he took 3 Iranians from Utapao airport to South Pattaya, but after he dropped them off and had been driving for a while he noticed a wallet on the back seat, so he checked it and it contained foreign money and Thai baht inside. He did not know where to return it so he took it to police station because he was afraid that the owners might be in trouble because they had lost their money.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/03/20/taxi-driver-finds-50000-thb-and-asked-the-police-to-find-its-owner/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-03-20

This Thai is one rare gem in Thailand. Too bad he gave them to the wrong party.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly, my Thai girlfriend found a wallet with Thai ID card and ATM card and cash and handed it in to the Police. I told her to give the Police her mobile number and for the Police to call us when the owner was found as we wanted to speak to him.- we had kept some of his money to give back to him personally and we wanted to check how much the Police had handed over to him. More than a month has passed and no call from the Police or him.

• Like 1

I reckon these articles are put out monthly, in an attempt to show the world how honest Thai cabbies are.

In the early hours of the morning in a dark cab, after 'he'd been driving a while' he noticed a wallet on the back seat.

Yeah right, must have driven with his head rotated.

• Like 2

PR exercise.

I do believe though, that due to this "kindness" of taking the wallet to the police, it will encourage other business men to come here. cheesy.gif

I, for one, would want to do business in a country with such honest taxi drivers cheesy.gif

This is drivel at its' best.

What is that supposed to mean? The money was returned to the man who left it in the taxi.

Exactly, my Thai girlfriend found a wallet with Thai ID card and ATM card and cash and handed it in to the Police. I told her to give the Police her mobile number and for the Police to call us when the owner was found as we wanted to speak to him.- we had kept some of his money to give back to him personally and we wanted to check how much the Police had handed over to him. More than a month has passed and no call from the Police or him.

You took some of his money out of the wallet before you handed it in, isn't that theft? And then you gave the police instructions on what procedures they should follow after they located the owner? If you really wanted to return the money to the owner why didn't you just contact him through the details on his ID card instead of taking your reward/commission up front?

If you're so concerned why don't you go to the police station and ask them if they located the owner because you would now like to return the money you took from his wallet? If he hasn't received the wallet with his cash so considerately depleted by you and your girlfriend I'm sure he would be pleased to receive at least the amount you purloined.

• Like 1

I treat these regular 'Honest' Cabbie stories with doubt.

But it's a feel good story .

Better than Shootings , muggings , JetSki scams , suicides , murders - in other words - Reality in Pattaya

coffee1.gif

These honest cabbie story looked sort of real before. But now that they are becoming a monthly

event, things are looking a bit silly. If this actually is a true story, I am sure the police , whose

sole function is to collect money, were more than happy to receive and " take care" of it..... :-)

Would be fun to set up a sting operation. Take ten wallets with 20,000 baht in them, with clear

ID inside it as well, and turn them into ten different police stations. Then sit back and wait to see if

any of the money is actually returned by the police.