Dating with a disability in Thailand

wespat34

The only disability recognized in Thailand...is the inability to cough up money on demand...

I suppose in a way this will be the experience of anyone who thinks they can buy everything. As in all walks of life you only get what you pay for.

Did he change your mind, did you just agree with him or did you manage to contradict yourself in two sentences?

When you meet a woman you like in Thailand, tell her up front that you came to Thailand to meet someone you want for a wife. Tell her that when you meet that woman, you plan to build a big fancy house on some farm land.

Tell that until you meet that woman, you're just going to live in your 3,000 baht per month studio and ride your used scooter. Tell her you don't want your new Merc until you have a garage to keep it in.

Tell her you don't want to spend much money on anything right now because you want to be sure you have plenty for that farm land, new house, furniture, appliances and of course the new Merc.

She won't notice anything else about you.

• Like 1

I know a bloke who had a short arm disability. He compensated for it by teaching himself quite fluent Thai language and went for Thai women with no English skills. When he secured a chick to become his GF (he had a couple in succession), he would not teach them any English, so preventing them from swapping him for a disability free foreigner.

Sounds insecure to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I think that if walking with a limp is the OP`s only problem, than he has no problem, providing he has confidence in himself is really all that matters and if there are those who would frown upon someone with a slight disability, than they are not worth knowing at all.

In Thailand according to the Thais and many ex-pats that I know, the greatest disability one can have is having no money. Those of little wealth are considered unclean and cast out like lepers, even the if the guys are hansum man and are physically perfect like a Charles Atlas.