Please settle a 90 day report dispute

wineman

If I renew my 90 day report on 26th March (that's the date the current one expires), when will the new one expire? Also, what's the situation if the date falls on a day when Jomtien Immigration is closed?

Would expire 90 days later - 24 June, which is a Tuesday. If it fell on a weekend, you go a day or two early.

Or the next working day is OK without penalty if a weekend or holiday, but you don't get any "free" days - they backdate to the actual due date.

• Like 1

Would expire 90 days later - 24 June, which is a Tuesday. If it fell on a weekend, you go a day or two early.

Or the next working day is OK without penalty if a weekend or holiday, but you don't get any "free" days - they backdate to the actual due date.

"...but you don't get any "free" days - they backdate to the actual due date."

I think you’re confusing extensions of stay with 90 day reports.

​At Jomtien I always get 90 days from the day I report whether I come in a few days earlier or later than the indicated date stamped on my last report. They set the stamps in the morning and use them throughout the day and wouldn't bother to change the stamp for each different individual case. It is, after all, meant to be 90 days from your last report. So if you go in a few days later, you'll get a few "free days" if you want to call them that.

On the other hand with extensions of stay, they calculate the new extension individually starting from when your current one expires, so there's no loss of days when you get a new extension even if you come in 30 to 45 days early. If you’re doing annual extensions of stay, your next extension will always fall on the same month/date year after year.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

​At Jomtien I always get 90 days from the day I report whether I come in a few days earlier or later than the indicated date stamped on my last report. They set the stamps in the morning and use them throughout the day and wouldn't bother to change the stamp for each different individual case. It is, after all, meant to be 90 days from your last report. So if you go in a few days later, you'll get a few "free days" if you want to call them that.

On the other hand with extensions of stay, they calculate the new extension individually starting from when your current one expires, so there's no loss of days when you get a new extension even if you come in 30 to 45 days early. If you’re doing annual extensions of stay, your next extension will always fall on the same month/date year after year.

No, I'm not confused about my experience at all. I've done 16 ninety day reports under different scenarios at Chonbiri Immigration.

Gone in a day or two/three early, I've "lost" those days and the next date reporting date is ninety days from the day I visited.

Go in on the exact due date, got 90 days.

Go in up to seven days late and the renewal date is ninety days from my previous expiry date - no "free" days. Same applies to weekends and holidays. I can recall twice where the reporting day was a Weekend and went in on a Monday and Tuesday - no free days.

They rotated their little stampy things as necessary.

If you're getting "free" days as you describe, it's certainly not been my experience thus far.

I'd be interested in other opinions on this, knowing that every office and every employee can loosely interpret the rules, let's hear what others have experienced.

• Like 1

No, I'm not confused about my experience at all. I've done 16 ninety day reports under different scenarios at Chonbiri Immigration.

Gone in a day or two/three early, I've "lost" those days and the next date reporting date is ninety days from the day I visited.

Go in on the exact due date, got 90 days.

Go in up to seven days late and the renewal date is ninety days from my previous expiry date - no "free" days. Same applies to weekends and holidays. I can recall twice where the reporting day was a Weekend and went in on a Monday and Tuesday - no free days.

They rotated their little stampy things as necessary.

If you're getting "free" days as you describe, it's certainly not been my experience thus far.

I'd be interested in other opinions on this, knowing that every office and every employee can loosely interpret the rules, let's hear what others have experienced.

Well, if it really matters, I've done way more than 16 reports and almost never gone in on the exact day stamped on the last report. They've never adjusted the date stamp. The last time I went in the officer took three applicants at once and hit them all with the same stamp without even checking the previous stamp date for each of us.

You are expected to report 90 days from your last report or most recent entry into the country. Using your approach, if you went in 5 days early, then you would have to report after 85 days because they would turn back the date by 5 days . After 85 days if you went in 5 days early, you'd have to go back in another 80 days. After 16 times of going in 5 days early they'd have to crank the stamp back by 80 days. They give you 90 days from when you did your last report.

Edited by Suradit69

There seems to be some confusing comments regarding how the immigration counts the 90 days.I have been on extension of visa based on retirement for the last 10 years here in Bangkok.Everytime I do my 90 days reporting at Chaengwattana Immigration they count the 90 days from the day I report in, be it 15 days early or 7 days late, never from the date of my last report.Hope this clarifies it for Chaengwattana, but as some OP's report there may be different procedures at the different immigration offices.