Getting rid of new nesting wasps

hansje1980

Our house in Hua Hin is constantly being surrounded by wasps.. there appears to be no big nest somewhere near our property.

So every day I remove the small nests they make in a few places around the house

(size of a half a thumb, after a week a Swedish meatball and after about 2 weeks they are like tennisballs),

so that's why every day I pay each place I see them a visit with my BAYGON spray.

It's not really effective, but at least they fly away, not kill them sadly, and leave it alone for an hour or so so I have enough time to remove it,

put in a plastic bag, close it and dump outside our moo-ban.

But of course having to do this every day (almost routine) is starting to get annoying.

Any ideas what I can do?

I already asked like everywhere for a spray similar to RAID for WASPS 33 or something from the USA,

apparently there are no such things as wasp sprays, maybe because it's much more toxic?!
LINK: http://www.raidkillsbugs.com/fop_w_h_k.asp

Anyway, I'm clueless and tips and advice are welcome to have a solution which should work LIFETIME, a permanent solution.
Having a local guy visiting our house every 2 weeks is not a solution, as a good solution would be to have no more wasps again!

NOTE: Not sure if this is of any help but the Thai seems to be very scared of this particular wasp.
They don't call this a {pheung}, nor a "tóh", but a "tèn". Will upload a pic next week when I'm there again.

Thanks sooo much in advance,

- A terrorized family lol

Are you sure the wasps are coming from many small nests and there is not a big one somewhere on your property. We had to have someone come and remove 2 large (1 nearly basketball sized) nests that were hidden inside small thick bushes.

We looked everywhere around the property. Did you hire like 2 people who actually do these kind of things every day? Maybe not a bad idea to have 2 professionals coming overhere so they can find and look where they actually come from.

If they are pro's, how can I come in contact with them?? Most around here seem scared and lazy :(

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If these are tiger bees: large with black and amber body, the local council will spray the nest for nothing. Sting potentially lethal, very, very sore and disabling. Also, if you upset them they will send an alarm call to the rest of the hive who will arrive tout de suite and then..........

We had monthly pest service and we just called them and they sent a couple of their guys who came to deal with the nests. They burned something first and smoked the hive which I guess incapacitates or makes (most of) the bees stay inside. Then they were able to pull the hive out, douse it with some poison, and finally burn it.

These large hives were so well hidden inside small shrubs that we wouldn't even have known they were there if they had not attacked our gardener every time he got near the bush to trim it or mow around it.

Edited by hhfarang

The spry drives them away but doesn't kill them. First find the nest and wait until almost dark Then fill a small can with gasoline and throw the petrol directly onto the nest. It will immediately kill all of the wasps. I've been killing them that way for years both here ans at home. Remove the nest, but don't light a match!!! Or you can get the Thais to come with a big lighted torch and burn them out along with part or all of your house.

• Like 1