True- problems accessing You Tube, Apple Software Update and others?

partington

I'm in Bangkok on True 10MB ADSL, on a Mac. Today everything seems weird and slow, with Thai Visa hanging and taking minutes to load pages.

More seriously when I try to access Apple software update by Safari browser, I get a message " access denied. you don't have permission to access [the URL] on this server. Contact your network administrator". Also when I try to do a software update through the updater app it times out. However occasionally it does connect, one every 5-10 attempts.

This has just started happening on YouTube as well.

If I change to the True Proxy proxy.trueinternet.th. on port 8080, Apple software support website and YouTube becomes accessible, but others say access denied.

I'm not sure what's going on!?

Is it just me?

The problem is I just basically backed up my entire Mac OS X from a bootable back up with Carbon Copy Cloner, because I was using BootCamp to load Windows on a partition on my Mac hard disk and I made an error, so had to wipe the disk. I restored the Mac OS X disk, and made a Bootcamp partition and loaded Vista ( I know Vista's no good, but I was upgrading from XP, and wanted to save all my files, settings etc, and you can't go straight to Win7 from XP without a clean install and losing all your stuff. As it happened I lost it anyway, through needing a disk wipe...)

So I don't know if a setting got corrupted or this is a general problem with True at the moment. I've never ever had an access denied message when accessing YouTube, either with or without proxy!