Problems logging into a Website

terak

I have been logging into a european website continually on a daily basis for over a year. The last 2 days have the download to take up to 30 minutes & then will not format correctly when log in.

My BB is TOT, fairly stable 12Mb down, 0.5 Mb up - never had these issues. Have cleaned cache etc

Any sensible advice please ???

Sounds like packet loss.

Have you tried:

- what type of packet loss do you see with ping -n 25 <url_address_here>

- connecting through a free proxy or VPN. I like Hola (easy as tapping the country flag after entering the url )

- checked your DNS response and fail times?

I've noticed response issues with 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (google) this week on TOT. If on a WinPC try downloading and running DNS_Benchmark

- any issues with other websites (like ThaiVisa) or sites in the target country? If it's just with that site then you might want to email them and ask if they know of an issue.

I had a similar issue since the power blip at about 15:00 in Pattaya. After much screwing around True supposedly got the apartment system working (24 hours later).

One of my computers could access URLs but my laptop could only access IP addresses.

I believe the issue was a DNS conflict. I used DNS Jumper (v1.0.6) to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google/NSA - take your pick) then after realising that the issue was fixed, went back into DNS Jumper and set the DNS to Default - problem solved for now:)