Keeping specific documents after spouse visa granted UK

Hey hope you are all well,

Am in Thailand at the moment helping my wife get everything organised for our big move to England next Thursday, and have been going through the documents used for the succesful application.

My question is what do i need to keep for the next visa app in 30 months time?

For the immigration desk next week at Heathrow i have kept the TB and English certificates as well as marriage certificates just in case they ask.

Do i still need the mountain of paperwork for western union/skype/paypal/travel tickets/payslips/bankstatements??

Not looked into the next step visa yet and what documents are required.

My proposed list to keep is:

• Marriage/TB/English certificates
  • Wifes original details (tanbien baan/divorce etc)
  • Original accommodation certificates

That leaves the following list to scrap:

• Skype/phone/email/facebook records
  • Bank statements
  • Payslips
  • Western union/papyal records
  • Phone records

Anyone else been in my position that can offer advice? I have started a folder for the next stage visa already, but only the flight to England so far to add to it!

Cheers!

The next stage, 30 months after her first arrival, is Further Leave to Remain.

For details of this, including the paperwork required, see the form and guidance notes at Application to extend stay in the UK as a partner: form FLR(M)

Don't worry if her English certificate will have expired by then; it will still be acceptable.

30 months after that she applies for Indefinite Leave to Remain. For the documents required for that, see Application to settle in the UK: form SET(M)

• Like 2

So according to section 12 of the FLR application form, it's basically a 12 point requirement for documents proving co-habitation over the 2 year period? Where a document in joint names counts as 2 points and documents in one name only counts as 1 point.

Two questions come to mind:

1) Can you use the same type of document more than once? i.e. could you use two tenancy agreements for the same property which cover two different periods and these count as "4 points"? Similarly could you use two bank statements (joint account) from the same bank from different years and count these as "4 points"?

2) If no to the above, after considering documents in joint names, do the documents in one name only, need to come from both parties in equal numbers? i.e. we have joint tenancy and joint bank account docs, thereby "4 points", and so we need 8 other docs in one name only. Does that mean 4 from each person or is any split acceptable?

TCA,

Q1. From Note 9 of the form "The dates of the items of correspondence should spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources." (My emphasis). So yes.

Q2. Irrelevant as answer to Q1 is yes.

• Like 1

Thanks 7by7. I missed that bit. That certainly makes things a lot easier. We just so happen to have only 3 things currently in joint names: tenancy, bank account and council tax. Plenty stuff in single names too but even just two of each of the above would seemingly meet the requirements. That's good to know.