Registering a birth for a THAI birth certificate.

GarryUK

The wife gave birth to our baby daughter last week and hasn't registered the birth in Thailand yet. She's under the impression I have to get translations of my passport (and possibly birth certificate) then go to the British Embassy to get something along the same lines as the affirmation of freedom to marry we got when we got married last year. I, on the other hand, don't think I need anything until we apply to register the birth in the UK or apply for her first British passport.

Do I need any translations to register the birth of my daughter in Thailand? (For first passport related answers please post in my other thread here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694440-getting-a-uk-passport-for-my-newborn-half-thai-child/)

Garry

If your wife is in Thailand and the baby was born in Thailand she simply registers the birth at the amphur where the child was born, and that is it.

No paperwork from the British embassy is required. The amphur already has your name in Thai, as you are married to the mother.

If your wife is in Thailand and the baby was born in Thailand she simply registers the birth at the amphur where the child was born, and that is it.

No paperwork from the British embassy is required. The amphur already has your name in Thai, as you are married to the mother.

Thanks Mario, that's what I thought that the Amphur can take my name from the marriage certificate, but of course she gets angry if I suggest for one second I'm right and she's not because she's "Thai people". I'm guessing somewhere along the line she's getting her wires crossed with what would be required to register the birth at the British Embassy to get a British birth certificate.

Thanks Mario, that's what I thought that the Amphur can take my name from the marriage certificate, but of course she gets angry if I suggest for one second I'm right and she's not because she's "Thai people". I'm guessing somewhere along the line she's getting her wires crossed with what would be required to register the birth at the British Embassy to get a British birth certificate.

Let her make sure for proper spelling of the kids first and last name at the amphur...... dunno know but with my son he has MASTER before his actual name......that was in 2006 though.