Thai visa company lost passports

Hello,

About 6 months ago I applied for a uk visa for my wife which was refused.

We used a visa company called <deleted> in Pattaya . They kept delaying sending our papers back to us , I was calling them every week but just getting excuses..... So ended up driving to Pattaya to see them in person . We got most of the documents back ( and half of another persons visa application printed on the other side of the pages, god know what the embassy thought when they saw the application) but they are now saying they have already posted the passports back to us along with the refusal letter but I haven't received them.

If I can't retrieve her previous passports will It effect any future applications?

Also will I be able to get a copy of the refusal letter from the embassy?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ubonjoe
Removed company name.

There are several points here :

If they have sent the passport to you, or your wife, then it should have been sent registered. Do they have the postal receipt ? If so, you should be able to track it.

If you cannot get the passport, then I think you will need a police report in order for your wife to get a new one.

Your wife should be able to get a copy of the refusal letter from the Embassy if she contacts them. If she cannot, then an agent can get it for you/her ( we can do it, if your wife gives third party authority to us to contact the Embassy on her behalf).

The fact that the passport is lost shouldn't affect any future application(s).

What kind of visa did your wife apply for ?

Tony M

• Like 1

Per above. And Thai mail is pretty efficient within Thailand. If not recieved within a few days after you visited their office your wife needs to file a police report and file a claim for any cost relating to the loss of the passport with the agency.

For a new passport she will need the police report.

• Like 1

There are several points here :

If they have sent the passport to you, or your wife, then it should have been sent registered. Do they have the postal receipt ? If so, you should be able to track it.

If you cannot get the passport, then I think you will need a police report in order for your wife to get a new one.

Your wife should be able to get a copy of the refusal letter from the Embassy if she contacts them. If she cannot, then an agent can get it for you/her ( we can do it, if your wife gives third party authority to us to contact the Embassy on her behalf).

The fact that the passport is lost shouldn't affect any future application(s).

What kind of visa did your wife apply for ?

Tony M

I'm going to go to there shop again tomorrow before I go back home and will ask of they sent it ems .

Will the police report need to be in Pattaya or can I do it in nakhonsawan ? ( my home)

We was applying for a 6 month holiday visa .

Per above. And Thai mail is pretty efficient within Thailand. If not recieved within a few days after you visited their office your wife needs to file a police report and file a claim for any cost relating to the loss of the passport with the agency.

I also think the Thai postal service is pretty good . The company have moved 3 times in as many years, I'm guessing they lost it !!!!

As a matter of interest did this agency charge you a fee?

Did they give you the EMS receipts?

No fee for posting , we just paid the fee for there services .

I was never told that the passports were posted until I went in there office today !!!

Good post !

I hope lessons will be learnt by many who read this thread !

Applying for a visa is not rocket science and can be achieved without the help of a "visa" agent"

If completing a simple form and collating the evidence required for a visa application is beyond a persons capability there are good,qualified agents out there .(ask here)

The expensive "agents" who are to be found on street corners in tourist dumps should not be trusted,

Sorry

Rant over !

Totally agree with what you said. The only reason used a visa company was because my wife had over stayed a previous holiday to Spain and I felt I needed some professional advice .

How comes the name of the visa company has been deleted form my original post ? I would like to warn people from using this company as I had such a bad experience

using them.

I would also like to point out that when I emailed them our messages via social media they printed it on paper that had previously been used from a couple of other applications !!! Printed on the papers were details including signatures,PayPal transactions ( with account numbers) , various letters from family members to the embassy's . messages via Facebook /Skype .

Edited by daniel2183

It's against Forum Rules to "name and shame".

Thailand has very strict defamation laws, if a person is convicted of defamation, even if the allegation is correct, they face harsh penalties, including imprisonment, the site hosting the defamation is also liable.

It also against Forum Rules to discuss moderation on the forum.

• Like 1

It's against Forum Rules to "name and shame".

Thailand has very strict defamation laws, if a person is convicted of defamation, even if the allegation is correct, they face harsh penalties, including imprisonment, the site hosting the defamation is also liable.

It also against Forum Rules to discuss moderation on the forum.

Ok thanks for the info :-)

Why did you use an agency in Patts? There are several in your home town of Nakhonsawan.

The process is very simple, no need to get someone else to do it as the previous replies have stated.

Last thing, try and use the correct grammar in your next application, as your posts seem to lack it, sorry just telling how it is.

Good post !

I hope lessons will be learnt by many who read this thread !

Applying for a visa is not rocket science and can be achieved without the help of a "visa" agent"

If completing a simple form and collating the evidence required for a visa application is beyond a persons capability there are good,qualified agents out there .(ask here)

The expensive "agents" who are to be found on street corners in tourist dumps should not be trusted,

Sorry

Rant over !

Good post,

I agree with you a visa is relativly easy to obtain. Just

takes a little homework.

Jb1

• Like 1

With everything going on re the MH370 etc.... if it had to happen it has happened at a good time--I would just lodge a compliant with the police that --you think---they have stolen your passport, Let them do the running around and prove other wise. If they did not send it reg post, then they will have a problem proving they sent it.---Put it back in their court, sooner or latter you will have to lodge a police report anyway.

DO IT NOW !!!

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

With everything going on re the MH370 etc.... if it had to happen it has happened at a good time--I would just lodge a compliant with the police that --you think---they have stolen your passport, Let them do the running around and prove other wise. If they did not send it reg post, then they will have a problem proving they sent it.---Put it back in their court, sooner or latter you will have to lodge a police report anyway.

DO IT NOW !!!

Will go to the police station today .

So how was your wife going to do Biometrics if she used an agency? She would have had to go with them to the VFS when they applied as Biometrics are a key part of the application, so she would have known then that the visa had been rejected and for what and could have got all the documents back at that time,.

Indeed, agents may tell you they can get you an easy visa; but the applicant still has to go to the UKVAC, run by VFS, to have their biometrics taken and submit the paperwork; an agent cannot do that for you!

At that time, she would have been asked where she wanted the passport returned to.

I'm sorry, but it sounds to me like the application was never submitted.

Your story is very familiar to those aware of one particular agent in Pattaya's activities. Unfortunately, as explained by theoldgit, Thai defamation laws prevent us from naming them.

• Like 1

A lesson learned the hard way. Do it yourself.

It might not be a bad idea to call the embassy visa section, though you will almost certainly be on the phone for a very long time. Alternatively, try getting in, though now the passport section has closed, that is likely to prove difficult. Or try the official visa processing office, which I think is now in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

I should imagine the issue with not having the previous passports would be the numbers, and information regarding previous visits, if any.

A lesson learned the hard way. Do it yourself.

It might not be a bad idea to call the embassy visa section, though you will almost certainly be on the phone for a very long time. Alternatively, try getting in, though now the passport section has closed, that is likely to prove difficult. Or try the official visa processing office, which I think is now in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

I should imagine the issue with not having the previous passports would be the numbers, and information regarding previous visits, if any.

Wrong ! A report of passport theft must be made to the police ASAP.

That will result in some pressure bearing down on the Bas' *ards

ards.

• Like 1

I also think the Thai postal service is pretty good . The company have moved 3 times in as many years, I'm guessing they lost it !!!!

Farang owned company or Thai owned?

It is just that I have my suspicions and abject failure like this should be made 'public'.