Chaiyaphum hastens its own development to become one of "The Best Cities"

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have now been having a couple of meetings at the Number 1 Bar, and it has been really nice meetings. Great people, great food and the drinks like they should..... We were 11 guys first time, and second time 9 of us... But great attitude amongst the guys..... so really enjoyable!!

Glegolo

We have now been having a couple of meetings at the Number 1 Bar, and it has been really nice meetings. Great people, great food and the drinks like they should..... We were 11 guys first time, and second time 9 of us... But great attitude amongst the guys..... so really enjoyable!!

Glegolo

Meetings! Gosh Chayapoum has indeed made it. Made it once to the original bar and thought it great. Once my month off the booze is over I will meet you for a beer or three.

I wish you all the best with the bar and thank you opening it - just what the place needed.

• 1 month later...

Just to let everyone know, The 1 Bar & Restaurant will be open every day throughout the sonkran festivities including Monday. We have a swimming pool in the shade outside the bar for children, and a free buffet on wednesday 15 at 3pm thai time. open 10am till late.Also the company side car has been professionally mounted with various water weopons, for the free hourly trips around the city.

Just to let everyone know, The 1 Bar & Restaurant will be open every day throughout the sonkran festivities including Monday. We have a swimming pool in the shade outside the bar for children, and a free buffet on wednesday 15 at 3pm thai time. open 10am till late.

Great looking forward to it...to get wet and irretated... nice to have a safe house to lock into... hahahaha

See you soon Ben

Glegolo

can anybody recomend a good dentist in the chaiyaphum area

Yes I actually can. I have myself been there. It is a rather young fresh guy, his prices ae good and all his

equipment is modern stuff. I got fine treatment.

From your bar go down passing Tesco, you have that sharp curve. In the middle of the curve there is a sport clothes shop. and there is TOT. Pass these two shops and the next building almost the first entrance is this guys clinic.

Good luck

Glegolo

• 3 weeks later...

For us "normal" europeans... when is AM and PM really... are we talking about 09.00 in the morning or 21.00 in the evening.... If it is in the evening I´ll go for the steak and potatoes......biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Glegolo

I can't believe that a European doesn't know AM is morning, from 12:01 AM just after midnight to 11:59 AM and PM is afternoon from 12:01 PM just after noon to 11:59 PM. I can however believe that some Americans may not know that 21:00 is 9 PM.

For us "normal" europeans... when is AM and PM really... are we talking about 09.00 in the morning or 21.00 in the evening.... If it is in the evening I´ll go for the steak and potatoes......biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Glegolo

I can't believe that a European doesn't know AM is morning, from 12:01 AM just after midnight to 11:59 AM and PM is afternoon from 12:01 PM just after noon to 11:59 PM. I can however believe that some Americans may not know that 21:00 is 9 PM.

Thank you for letting me know!! Will write it up, and file it under completely unnecessary knowledge

Glegolo

Yes there are talks about a railway from Chatturat through Chaiyaphum, nong bua lam phu to loei

Yes have seen the railway thats are there now. Chatturat up to Bua Yai on the right side of Chaiyaphum with out any stations.

Lets hope for the best. Small tracks....

Glegol

Ben - when I need dental treatment I go to my local hospital in Kaset Sombun. If I was in Chaiyaphum town I would no doubt go to the hospital there.

Co-incidentally, I needed treatment last week - a gold crown fell out. The dentist at the hospital who treated me cleaned the crown and my tooth before cementing it back in place. Cost was THB300. Service was good and professional - a nice clean modern looking surgery comparable with what you see in the UK. Dentist was a young woman. There were 4 or 5 young dentists in attendance. Can't beat the price back in the UK and service was comparable/better.

Ben - when I need dental treatment I go to my local hospital in Kaset Sombun. If I was in Chaiyaphum town I would no doubt go to the hospital there.

Co-incidentally, I needed treatment last week - a gold crown fell out. The dentist at the hospital who treated me cleaned the crown and my tooth before cementing it back in place. Cost was THB300. Service was good and professional - a nice clean modern looking surgery comparable with what you see in the UK. Dentist was a young woman. There were 4 or 5 young dentists in attendance. Can't beat the price back in the UK and service was comparable/better.

I take it that you mean Chaiyaphum public hospital??? If so I will go there and check it out. Many thanks for that great update.

Diddn´t know that at all!!!

Glegolo

• 1 year later...

Time to fresh up this thread...... Today saturday and horse-racing, and a big australian steak and mashed potatoes plus a fast baccardi-coke, at Bens Bar the so called Number 1 bar, thank God that it is here for us guys...

See you guys later...

Glegolo

• 1 month later...

Yesterday 3rd july 2016, Bens Bar here in Chaiyaphum hosted a barbque-event in the evening. In spite of being english food, it was really good, and the burgers and piotatoe.-sallad was really great!!

Thank you for a nice evening..

Glegolo

post-67253-0-64013500-1467595042_thumb.j

• 2 months later...
On 28/03/2014 at 11:07 AM, glegolo said:

Post number 9 is the only one that I can relate to. the rest is crap coming from people that do not even live here and people that prefer something else than Chaiyaphum can offer them.

I have been living here now for 6 years and have a full social life which makes me happy,. I find Chaiyaphum to be a small town (in my eyes) but they are trying as much as they can to go on and develop. We have Home pro, Global House, MAKRO, Big C and Tesco Lotus.

We have places where we go i.e. saturday evening and look at widescreen-TV and premier legue, drinks and food, and we have hundreds of smaller places to go out and eat. We have a night market that is open every evening in the week, and we have quite nice nature to i.e. bicycle in.

I think that people that have absoluteley no hobbies and interests of their own besides drinking and bar-hopping will not succeed in Chaiyaphum, But people that are willing to live a good family- life they will have a nice life with good friends..

Glegolo

ps. Costas2008 - get it right for God sake..... 200 baht for falang and 400 baht if falang have a car.....Have you really been here?????

Sorry had a bit of patchy Internet by roi et of late. How's Internet around chaiyaphum and also is it nit the cit/town that is big on organic farming or something?

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Sorry had a bit of patchy Internet by roi et of late. How's Internet around chaiyaphum and also is it nit the cit/town that is big on organic farming or something?

Good morning, surpriced that this old post came to life again. Internet here around where I live 3 km outside city of Chaiyaphum, is fully OK nowadays. I have had som rough rides during the years, since I came here 2008.

I started with TOT who were the worst I have ever experienced in my life.. shitty internet who make it completely a nightmare to work over the internet with people..... interupted internet, stoppage, and slowed down to almost nothing.

All changed during 2011, I went over to TTnT (later 3bb) and all went fine over night. Have our ups and downs of course,,, but with patience and a smile no problem to accept the internet-situation here, it is just fine. Have just 10 mB, costs me 632 baht a month... Have not upgraded but as far as I can see,, I can easily gets MUCH higher mB now today, for a small amount higher.

I am sorry but I am not able to give you a good answer about the farming-stuff, I am a so called city boy from back home in Sweden,,, who makes my daily bicycle rides and that is as close as it gets, to farming for me....

Glegolo

CAT have offices in Chayaphum and they have been busy around our way installing fibre optic cable. I live about an hour from the cit but now have fast and reliable internet which is wonderful. I can only assume that closer in it is available to everyone.

Archived