Abhisit calls on Yingluck, Suthep to hold talks on live TV

webfact

stop hiding Abhsit and try to lead your party by producing policies which the voters can support

Increase the minimum daily wage to 500 THB?

A free iPhone to every Thai citizen?

Unemployment benefit of 5000 THB per month?

It seems that the Democrat Party would have to resort to such policies in order to out-do Thaksin's parties' extremely attractive vote-garnering policies and get democratically elected into power. Should they go this route?

Should they go this route? Ahbisit has all the practices as he done all that in his tenure. Popular policies like cash handouts, increase civil servant salaries, subsidized diesel/LPG/electricty/bus/train, free milk, free education etc. Adopted Taksin 30B healthcare scheme, Village funds and SML scheme. All populist policies that caused government debt to rise and created -4.8% budget deficit (highest since Chuan's government ). Also poor economic policies that saw unemployent increased 63%. It was a disaster. Not to mention his failed rice guarantee scheme still under process for dereliction of duty by the NACC ???

What a load of old cobblers, He abolished the 30 baht health payment--- but haven't the time or power to go after the rest.

So what is the present crisis ??? who brought this on, truth-self inflicted, went on for 2 years until an uprising brought the missing monies to light.

You have the gall to post the above, and not fight the corruption that is apparent, please don't post back to say it was someone else's fault---ohhhhh wait a minute I'm wrong it was---HER BROTHER.

• Like 2

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ginjag

"I wish for good governance, simple and clean."

Is that what is available in your country of origin ?

If so please tell us about this wonderful place!

Pretty much so, you wish to know for what, I live here and care, you in denial re the mess here ???

Abhisit was a bit weak when he was in power, perhaps he's grown a pair.

I don't agree. Abhisit was leading a coalition of 7 parties and holding a poison chalice. Unfortunately he was a bit too well educated for many politicians and voters who have a negative view of education and very limited knowledge of the rest of the world.

The prospects for change have never been better, IF both sides will talk to each other, but opinion is so divided. In the Feb. election 52 parties contested seats. There has to be a way of getting thais to see that minority viewpoints are acceptable in a democracy.

An excellent post.

Unfortunately most of the posters are unaware of what a minority government is and the difficulty to push through your own parties ideas with out compromising before the opposition even gets a voice in it.

Most of the people think two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for diner is being democratic. Yes it is simply amazing how little of the world outside Thailand many of the posters have.

There is How ever quite a few who have a wide experience out side of Thailand and the country they come from.

• Like 1

Abhisit needs to go on television to explain himself to the Thai people and to the international community. Well, actually he tried that on the American global business network, CNBC and got only the political grief and personal rejection he rightly deserves. Abhisit is facing political perdition and he knows it, hence his desperate campaign to try to recover the star image he devilishly manipulated many people into but now has lost forever.

Abhisit knows he has very serious work to try to rehabilitate his gravely fallen wunderkind image both domestically and abroad. Everyone in the country and internationally, to include at the UN, know Abhisit has turned his back on democracy in Thailand in favor of street insurrection by some of his closest political allies, personal pals, reactionary financial and cultural interests.

Abhisit's political party, the Democrat party, has closely associated, allied, involved itself with the street insurrection and with the still anonymous and appointed "People's Council" of autocrats that would be anointed by oligarchs to create autocracy in the place of 1 person 1 vote democracy.

Abhisit did nothing to stop the violence against voters on election day, has never spoken out against a military coup, and continues to be dubious towards participating in another election. The debates he proposes will not happen and his appearance before the Senate committee the other day was his signature 100% fluff and puff.

Abhisit has only lost in general elections and now has cemented his position as a Thai feudalist who is and always was integrally at home among the old guard grouping that are determined to rob the country of its tenuous democracy. The blush had already gone off Abhisit's rose and now Abhisit is looking at a long political winter of his own making at home and abroad.

Abhisit needs a 'People's Council" because only they can recreate his reactionary political career.

All this time it took you to write a load of cobblers.

The meaning of "cobbler(s)" in American English is different from the meaning presented in the Oxford dictionary, which may sound rebellious to some, but I point this out to be advisory rather than as a presumption to be corrective or combative. The word "cobble" also.

cob•bler (ˈkɒb lər)

n.

1. a person who mends shoes.
2. a deep-dish fruit pie with a thick biscuit crust, usu. only on top.
3. an iced drink of wine or liquor with fruit and sugar.
4. Archaic. a clumsy workman.
[1250–1300; Middle English cobelere=cobel- (of obscure orig.) + -ere -er1]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cobbler

I don't agree. Abhisit was leading a coalition of 7 parties and holding a poison chalice. Unfortunately he was a bit too well educated for many politicians and voters who have a negative view of education and very limited knowledge of the rest of the world.

The prospects for change have never been better, IF both sides will talk to each other, but opinion is so divided. In the Feb. election 52 parties contested seats. There has to be a way of getting thais to see that minority viewpoints are acceptable in a democracy.

An excellent post.

Unfortunately most of the posters are unaware of what a minority government is and the difficulty to push through your own parties ideas with out compromising before the opposition even gets a voice in it.

Most of the people think two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for diner is being democratic. Yes it is simply amazing how little of the world outside Thailand many of the posters have.

There is How ever quite a few who have a wide experience out side of Thailand and the country they come from.

"Unfortunately most of the posters are unaware"

More arrogant drivel from the usual suspects.

Abhisit needs to go on television to explain himself to the Thai people and to the international community. Well, actually he tried that on the American global business network, CNBC and got only the political grief and personal rejection he rightly deserves. Abhisit is facing political perdition and he knows it, hence his desperate campaign to try to recover the star image he devilishly manipulated many people into but now has lost forever.

Abhisit knows he has very serious work to try to rehabilitate his gravely fallen wunderkind image both domestically and abroad. Everyone in the country and internationally, to include at the UN, know Abhisit has turned his back on democracy in Thailand in favor of street insurrection by some of his closest political allies, personal pals, reactionary financial and cultural interests.

Abhisit's political party, the Democrat party, has closely associated, allied, involved itself with the street insurrection and with the still anonymous and appointed "People's Council" of autocrats that would be anointed by oligarchs to create autocracy in the place of 1 person 1 vote democracy.

Abhisit did nothing to stop the violence against voters on election day, has never spoken out against a military coup, and continues to be dubious towards participating in another election. The debates he proposes will not happen and his appearance before the Senate committee the other day was his signature 100% fluff and puff.

Abhisit has only lost in general elections and now has cemented his position as a Thai feudalist who is and always was integrally at home among the old guard grouping that are determined to rob the country of its tenuous democracy. The blush had already gone off Abhisit's rose and now Abhisit is looking at a long political winter of his own making at home and abroad.

Abhisit needs a 'People's Council" because only they can recreate his reactionary political career.

The meaning of "cobbler(s)" in American English is different from the meaning presented in the Oxford dictionary, which may sound rebellious to some, but I point this out to be advisory rather than as a presumption to be corrective or combative. The word "cobble" also.

cob•bler (ˈkɒb lər)

n.

Sorry but I do not care a fig about American English, I just go on English spoken in England/regional/other meanings --- a regional expression "cobblers " meaning load of rubbish spoken, easy. you can search for days unless you find a book of regional expressions --it could be there --if not live in England and open your ears it is an expression used very much.thumbsup.gif

the word is not cobbler as this means in general a person who mends shoes now Cobblers is different in this meaning--rubbish spoken, but it also means several shoe menders OK.

So to re cap on the actual topic. as the government situation stands at this minute----over the last 2+ years has it been governed well, and all this uprising is for nothing. ???

stop hiding Abhsit and try to lead your party by producing policies which the voters can support

It seems that the Democrat Party would have to resort to such policies in order to out-do Thaksin's parties' extremely attractive vote-garnering policies and get democratically elected into power. Should they go this route?

No, they leave the vote buying to the PTP.

Done that too. 5 Dem were red carded in '07 election. They tried everything but still can't win the election. Perhaps get rid of Ahbishit may help.

Why do you not denounce corruption and support the slinging out of a government without morals, Your argument re elections is old and tired.

look at the people you love, if you want to round up undesirables you start at the top---do you not agree with that or is your priority the same as 10 more posters suthep and Abhisit on your brain too much.

I categorically denounce corruption by any sides. Corruption by legal process not by the media which is most what you have been lead to believe. I also dislike hypocrisy and bullying. Hypocrisy when trying to paint Dem in higher moral grounds like they don't vote buy or use populist policies. I also denounce the power that the establishment have and used in selective legal judgement. That's my stand.

I agree with a lot of your post but you should not automatically assume anyone who does not like the corrupt government of the day is a DEM fan, If you do care to read, I am for slinging out without elections (in special circumstances) and this is one, where abuse of power is apparent -and corruption rife.

I do not think it is a priority to name all other politicians and rake up their past, to skirt around the basic problems.

If for instance another party is eventually selected and does not govern cleanly as per election promise --I will post about that the same as now.

I hope that explains how I feel.---------thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

She already said she wouldn't do that. What wrong with Abhisit? A short memory or does he just like to hear himself talk?

It's not that strange that a PM appears on TV to have a debate. What's wrong with Yingluck? Why doesn't she like to do that? After all she is the leader of Thailand!!

It would work too, so long as she was allowed her phone with an open line to Dubai and an earpiece to recieve instructions.

• Like 1

cob•bler (ˈkɒb lər)

n.

Sorry but I do not care a fig about American English, I just go on English spoken in England/regional/other meanings --- a regional expression "cobblers " meaning load of rubbish spoken, easy. you can search for days unless you find a book of regional expressions --it could be there --if not live in England and open your ears it is an expression used very much.thumbsup.gif

the word is not cobbler as this means in general a person who mends shoes now Cobblers is different in this meaning--rubbish spoken, but it also means several shoe menders OK.

So to re cap on the actual topic. as the government situation stands at this minute----over the last 2+ years has it been governed well, and all this uprising is for nothing. ???

Ah yes, your beloved uprising.

"Fascism seeks to build a mass movement of everyone considered part of the

national community, actively engaged but controlled from above, to seize

political power and remake the social order. This movement is driven by a

vision of the national community rising phoenix-like after a period of

encroaching decadence which all but destroyed it. Such rebirth involves

systematic, top-down transformation of all social spheres by an

authoritarian state, and suppression or purging of all forces, ideologies,

and social groups the fascists define as alien."

http://kasamaproject.org/history/2076-8fascism-as-movement-ideology

As in "reforms."

An appointed "People's Council"

An appointed prime minister.

No elections.

Expel from the country the most corrupt.

Terminate 1 person 1 vote.

Members Only Allowed - Service Entrance At Rear

cob•bler (ˈkɒb lər)

n.

Ah yes, your beloved uprising.

"Fascism seeks to build a mass movement of everyone considered part of the

national community, actively engaged but controlled from above, to seize

political power and remake the social order. This movement is driven by a

vision of the national community rising phoenix-like after a period of

encroaching decadence which all but destroyed it. Such rebirth involves

systematic, top-down transformation of all social spheres by an

authoritarian state, and suppression or purging of all forces, ideologies,

and social groups the fascists define as alien."

http://kasamaproject.org/history/2076-8fascism-as-movement-ideology

As in "reforms."

An appointed "People's Council"

An appointed prime minister.

No elections.

Expel from the country the most corrupt.

Terminate 1 person 1 vote.

Members Only Allowed - Service Entrance At Rear

What on earth you posted this dribble for is beyond me---sorry Yawn.

Get shut of the termites first.

Reform whoever draws it up HAS to include the BiB, corruption at all levels, If politicians are incarcerated---new will emerge and under new strict laws, fear will face ANYONE who is not on the straight and narrow.

Forget Suthep/Abhisit-- the norm to mention when it's difficult to defend lousy governance.

If you want to class this country as near democratic as possible you have to kill the termites before you make a new start.

IF a government were only out of favour, then pressure them to have a snap election, as Yingluck did-norm yes ??? BUT THIS WAS NOT the norm they were not just out of favour they violated the law and the royal promise.

Please don't post rubbish about "my uprising" better not show yourself up.

• Like 1

No, they leave the vote buying to the PTP.

Done that too. 5 Dem were red carded in '07 election. They tried everything but still can't win the election. Perhaps get rid of Ahbishit may help.

Why do you not denounce corruption and support the slinging out of a government without morals, Your argument re elections is old and tired.

look at the people you love, if you want to round up undesirables you start at the top---do you not agree with that or is your priority the same as 10 more posters suthep and Abhisit on your brain too much.

I categorically denounce corruption by any sides. Corruption by legal process not by the media which is most what you have been lead to believe. I also dislike hypocrisy and bullying. Hypocrisy when trying to paint Dem in higher moral grounds like they don't vote buy or use populist policies. I also denounce the power that the establishment have and used in selective legal judgement. That's my stand.

I agree with a lot of your post but you should not automatically assume anyone who does not like the corrupt government of the day is a DEM fan, If you do care to read, I am for slinging out without elections (in special circumstances) and this is one, where abuse of power is apparent -and corruption rife.

I do not think it is a priority to name all other politicians and rake up their past, to skirt around the basic problems.

If for instance another party is eventually selected and does not govern cleanly as per election promise --I will post about that the same as now.

I hope that explains how I feel.---------thumbsup.gif

Fully appreciate your thoughts and feelings. No harm here. To each its own. The government has erred and acted arrogantly in the policies and the people has spoken. Here where democracy play it's part by people mandate and decision. Not try to subvert election by stopping it to happen. Dem can do a lot to take advantage of the government blunders; but not joining adding to the subversion.

Without hurting feelings more, I am NOT a Yellow follower, or a DEMS--(different). what they stand for and especially Sutheps past Is not my grumble.

It is who did what to bring to light this shower of S### out into the public eye I applaud.

What is uncertain is how we attain reforms mega scale, it will upset different walks of life but at the end of the day it has to be.

When the dust has settled most people will have a solid idea what has taken place -to vote unhindered- I cannot see how else it can happen.

1 Army take over----------no

2 Government to carry on-----no

3 elections before anything------------no

If the courts convict the PM PTP they will be classed as biased by their followers. but a decision has to be made, they were innocent of crimes against the state or they were guilty.

Thanks for your post good stuffthumbsup.gif

Edited by ginjag

Coming soon to MTV Thailand ... Celebrity Death match 2014.... Yingluck vs Suthep

(Waiting for the surprise ending where big Bro flies in from Dubai to hit Suthep over the head with the steel chair... And then jumps back on plane back to Dubai before the police in the audience even get out of their seats ) LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be like a fly weight fighting a heavy weight. The outcome is a foregone conclusion .

Yeah, I agree.

A caretaker PM used to talking in Parliament and with other leaders around the world against a normal citizen who is doing his talking on the streets of

Bangkok is a little uneven. It will be a tough match for him.sleep.png

Should they go this route? Ahbisit has all the practices as he done all that in his tenure. Popular policies like cash handouts, increase civil servant salaries, subsidized diesel/LPG/electricty/bus/train, free milk, free education etc. Adopted Taksin 30B healthcare scheme, Village funds and SML scheme. All populist policies that caused government debt to rise and created -4.8% budget deficit (highest since Chuan's government ). Also poor economic policies that saw unemployent increased 63%. It was a disaster. Not to mention his failed rice guarantee scheme still under process for dereliction of duty by the NACC ???

The Democrat Party's policies were never anywhere near as attractive as Thaksin's party's policies, and that is a large part of why people choose to vote for Thaksin's parties (and possibly moreso the reason than political ideology - I think most voters have a "what's in it for me?" mentality than "what's good for the country?"). I think the Democrat Party felt it would be irresponsible to try to out-do or even match Thaksin's party's promises because they knew that such policies at such large scales would be problematic to realistically deliver or cause damage to the country, with the rice-pledging fiasco being a current example and one-tablet-computer-per-child being another.

So should the Democrat Party ramp up their own populist policy offerings to such an extent that the masses will shift their loyalty to them? Surely there would be a point at which the promises would be too amazing to turn down. Add a huge deal of slick professional marketing all over the country, and the odds to win would be in their favor. e.g. would you vote for a party if they promised to deposit 10M THB into your and everyone elses' bank account? That would be a crazy policy, but so were many of Thaksin's party's policies that got them elected. How about total abolishment of all taxes?

I hope that such an issue of making unrealistically enormous promises just to get elected into power is considered as part of whatever reform takes place.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1

The Democrat Party's policies were never anywhere near as attractive as Thaksin's party's policies, and that is a large part of why people choose to vote for Thaksin's parties (and possibly moreso the reason than political ideology - I think most voters have a "what's in it for me?" mentality than "what's good for the country?"). I think the Democrat Party felt it would be irresponsible to try to out-do or even match Thaksin's party's promises because they knew that such policies at such large scales would be problematic to realistically deliver or cause damage to the country, with the rice-pledging fiasco being a current example and one-tablet-computer-per-child being another.

So should the Democrat Party ramp up their own populist policy offerings to such an extent that the masses will shift their loyalty to them? Surely there would be a point at which the promises would be too amazing to turn down. Add a huge deal of slick professional marketing all over the country, and the odds to win would be in their favor. e.g. would you vote for a party if they promised to deposit 10M THB into your and everyone elses' bank account? That would be a crazy policy, but so were many of Thaksin's party's policies that got them elected. How about total abolishment of all taxes?

I hope that such an issue of making unrealistically enormous promises just to get elected into power is considered as part of whatever reform takes place.

If you are thinking of freeloaders - thats what the policy of Pheu Thai is - creating a new class of free-loaders...

pathetic Abhisit, the man who held sway over the cowardly Dems retreat from democracy, comes up with another 'sound bite' that only some TVF yellows will find at all interesting

we don't need TV debates - we need democracy - stop hiding Abhsit and try to lead your party by producing policies which the voters can support

you can run but you cannot HIDE

So you would rather the country do nothing and wait for some kind of civil war? Why not promote non-violent ways to get a dialogue going.

I for one do NOT want to see escalating violence.

I would agree that even suggesting a debate with Yingluck involved is pointless because I think her political handlers are of the opinion that it would be a disaster, no matter who she debated with. There are many reasons why she avoids Parliament and avoids talking about anything.

as you will know I am one of the very few posters who denounce violence AND corruption on either side - on that I hope we agree

where we may disagree is the 'cure' for the malady

in my view protecting, encouraging and retaining the old feudal system of top down corruption is NOT the answer and that's what the Dems are

if there was another alternative to PTP besides the old elite 'Amaart Monarchist Party' then I'm convinced they would gain HUGE popular support - but there is no alternative and so it is a choice of the lesser of the two evils

Oh yeah, letting Suthep go out and protest for your aims and then telling him to go on TV takes massive cajones.

suthep's aims are his alone.

In your opinion, not in mine.

Edit: And Suthep's aims are about reform aren't they? What's Abhisit talking about in the article?

Edited by HD 205

Oh yeah, letting Suthep go out and protest for your aims and then telling him to go on TV takes massive cajones.

suthep's aims are his alone.

In your opinion, not in mine.

Edit: And Suthep's aims are about reform aren't they? What's Abhisit talking about in the article?

Just because two people claim to have the same goal it does not mean they share a common vision or wish to travel the same path to that goal or even agree upon the definition of that goal.

Suthep's plans, methods and visions are his own, not the Dems.

Edited by Bluespunk