Cabinet endorses Thawil's reinstatement as the NSC chief

webfact

Cabinet endorses Thawil's reinstatement as the NSC chief

thawil-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The cabinet today approved the revocation of its earlier resolution on September 6, 2012 which retro-actively reinstates Mr Thawil Pliensri as the secretary-general of the National Security Council.

The cabinet’s decision was in response to a ruling of the Supreme Administrative Court ordering the reinstatement of Mr Thawil replacing Lt-Gen Paradorn Patthanathabutr.

Meanwhile, the cabinet also endorsed the appointment of Lt-Gen Paradorn as an advisor to the prime minister.

Both resolutions of the cabinet are to be submitted to the Election Commission for endorsement before a Royal approval is to be sought for Lt-Gen Paradorn’s appointment.

As requested by the Election Commission, the cabinet endorsed an addition of 889 million baht budget for the staging of the Senate election on March 30.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabinet-endorses-thawils-reinstatement-nsc-chief/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-25

Security chief reinstated to original job
By English News

13957433164945.png

NAKHON PATHOM, March 25 – Tawil Pliensri, transferred to an inactive post since 2011, was reinstated to his position as secretary general of the National Security Council (NSC) at the caretaker Cabinet’s order today.

The reinstatement was in accord with the Supreme Administrative Court’s ruling which decided that the removal of Mr Thawil from his NSC post was unlawful.

Paradorn Pattanatabut, current NSC secretary general, will exchange jobs with Mr Thawil as adviser to the Prime Minister.

Both appointments will be submitted to the Election Commission for approval after which a royal endorsement is required.

The reinstatement must be completed within 45 days as set by the court.

Mr Thawil earlier petitioned the Administrative Court, seeking justice for the unfair transfer by the Yingluck Shinawatra government. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-25

Good top see the right man in the job again as opposed to thaksin's right hand man in the job.

Yet another example of showing contempt for the voters that have since made it abundantly clear after the last failed election that they do not appreciate these shenanigans anymore.

What are you smoking Jamie? The decision to reinstate the guy came weeks ago well before the announcement of the election being voided. It was never going to be a suprise

And you would know he's the right man because you have Thai National Security Council experience no doubt to come to that conclusion? Or are you more in line with it could have been Maboza Richie in the position as long as he wasn't a Thaksin stooge..

Boy such a massive hatred for a Farang, I just don't get it, I'm willing to bet you've actually never suffered any hardship under the Thaksin years either ;)

All that hatred will turn you into a very lonely and bitter man one day mate ;)

• Like 2

I WONDER. How many Lt-colonels, Generals, service Majors, police Chiefs, etc. are direct advisors and friends and chief advisors to the governments of the USA and Britain?

Is it just me, or is something really fecked up with third world countries, whose governmental members (and I mean 'members') all need to trounce about in uniforms with lots of meaningless badges? Even immigration officers (ha.. officers) trounce about with insignias and stripes across their breasts... <deleted> is it all about?

Can somebody explain to me what this is all meant to signify?

• Like 1

What are you smoking Jamie? The decision to reinstate the guy came weeks ago well before the announcement of the election being voided. It was never going to be a suprise

And you would know he's the right man because you have Thai National Security Council experience no doubt to come to that conclusion? Or are you more in line with it could have been Maboza Richie in the position as long as he wasn't a Thaksin stooge..

Boy such a massive hatred for a Farang, I just don't get it, I'm willing to bet you've actually never suffered any hardship under the Thaksin years either wink.png

All that hatred will turn you into a very lonely and bitter man one day mate wink.png

Have you researched the background of the gentlemen in question. Perhaps Jamie did, that's how he knows.

The new PTP administration or more precisely their boss wanted his own man in that role. He shuffled knowing full well that it was illegal but hoped any questions about it would blow over, as usual. They didn't, the guy stood his ground and now it's another slap for the PTP attitude of doing as they please.

I WONDER. How many Lt-colonels, Generals, service Majors, police Chiefs, etc. are direct advisors and friends and chief advisors to the governments of the USA and Britain?

Is it just me, or is something really fecked up with third world countries, whose governmental members (and I mean 'members') all need to trounce about in uniforms with lots of meaningless badges? Even immigration officers (ha.. officers) trounce about with insignias and stripes across their breasts... <deleted> is it all about?

Thailand must invest heavily in parachute training. Virtually everyone I see in some kind of uniform wears parachute wings among all the other insignia and medal ribbons. Even some teachers in scout uniform have'em. Or does that badge mean something different here?

Boy such a massive hatred for a Farang, I just don't get it, I'm willing to bet you've actually never suffered any hardship under the Thaksin years either wink.png

All that hatred will turn you into a very lonely and bitter man one day mate wink.png

A 2 tear old knew tha the election gonna be voided long before the court ruled. They reinstated Thawil because their options had run out after fighting it for more than a year.

Have you researched the background of the gentlemen in question. Perhaps Jamie did, that's how he knows.

The new PTP administration or more precisely their boss wanted his own man in that role. He shuffled knowing full well that it was illegal but hoped any questions about it would blow over, as usual. They didn't, the guy stood his ground and now it's another slap for the PTP attitude of doing as they please.

Conducting due Diligence on this guy in relation to his position would be natural IF that sensitive information about National Security Advisor, is readily available to the public.. somehow I can't see it.due to the sensitive nature of the post.

To state he's the right man for the job would to me, indicate that he's conducted said due diligence on literally hundreds, maybe thousands of other potential candidates with similar experience, having seen all their resumes, and back ground history etc made a deduction that he above all stands out from the others.. Might just might be enough to turn around and say he's the right man for the job wouldn't you think?

In a normal world, such positions are held by having the right background, the best resume/CV and the experience within the same field, however we know that's not the case, this being Thailand an all that ;)

He may very well be the ideal man for the job, best of luck to him, it's good that he got reinstated ;)

'Fine feathers......' as the proverb has it. Other less charitable types might prefer 'lipstick on a pig'.

There was a strange picture of the PM with her partner/husband and their son all in uniform and all three were covered in medals. Quite what that was all about I don't know. I can understand the Thai's love of dressing up and the need to flaunt status but why her family were decorated in such a way is baffling.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2

'Fine feathers......' as the proverb has it. Other less charitable types might prefer 'lipstick on a pig'.

There was a strange picture of the PM with her partner/husband and their son all in uniform and all three were covered in medals. Quite what that was all about I don't know. I can understand the Thai's love of dressing up and the need to flaunt status but why her family were decorated in such a way is baffling.

After 30 years police service I had one medal for 17 years service with two classes awarded at 25 and 30 years.

Last year the other newspaper carried a photograph of a class at the BIB Training Academy and even the cadets had a row of medal ribbons.

I was once acquainted with a newly recruited employee of the Pattaya City Authority and he bought a secondhand uniform with several rows of ribbons, he didn't bother to take them off and it wasn't a problem to wear award insignia that hadn't been earned.

Mind you, how many MPs and so many others, bought rather then actually earned their degrees ?

• Like 1

Thailand must invest heavily in parachute training. Virtually everyone I see in some kind of uniform wears parachute wings among all the other insignia and medal ribbons. Even some teachers in scout uniform have'em. Or does that badge mean something different here?

A trip down a flying fox in Petchaburi province with a half hour lecture on freefall and landing is all that is required for the wings. I have a paid, but no uniform to

sew them onto!!

A trip down a flying fox in Petchaburi province with a half hour lecture on freefall and landing is all that is required for the wings. I have a paid, but no uniform to

sew them onto!!

'Flying Fox'? Is that the name of a pub? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Conducting due Diligence on this guy in relation to his position would be natural IF that sensitive information about National Security Advisor, is readily available to the public.. somehow I can't see it.due to the sensitive nature of the post.

To state he's the right man for the job would to me, indicate that he's conducted said due diligence on literally hundreds, maybe thousands of other potential candidates with similar experience, having seen all their resumes, and back ground history etc made a deduction that he above all stands out from the others.. Might just might be enough to turn around and say he's the right man for the job wouldn't you think?

In a normal world, such positions are held by having the right background, the best resume/CV and the experience within the same field, however we know that's not the case, this being Thailand an all that wink.png

He may very well be the ideal man for the job, best of luck to him, it's good that he got reinstated wink.png

The basic CV's and affiliations of these two gentlemen are easy to check. This job is for the role of National Security Council chief. No need to divulge all the secrets of Thailand's security services is there? Don't be dramatic.

The reality is this is a civil service position in Thailand, The government had no legal right to transfer him and put a close ally into his job, just because they wanted a friendly face in that role. They have been publicly slapped and for once accept their wrong doing and reversed it,

In Thailand who you know, who your family his and who you support is most important. Just ask the caretaker PM/DM - she'll confirm that. 5 cabinets in 2 years and picked the best for each job every time!

There was a photo in one of the papers recently of someone proudly holding up a certificate and the wings.

Would seem you can buy them for 700 b no training needed.