Pattaya Sheep Farm

Jinxy1128

I popped in today to the Pattaya Sheep Farm and was totally delighted. It is well run, clean, interesting, amusing and great value for money. I just hope they don't do stupid things like introduce a dual pricing system. I wish them well!

Amusing? What were the funny bits? I must have missed them.

Food, both Thai as Western, remains great there at that "barn steakhouse", not too expensive either. At peak hours staff has some problems in getting themselves organized enough to cope with the demand. Toilets well maintained (actually the whole thing there is very well kept).

Nice little coffee shop, not stingy with their coffee powder. Money- and profit-wise probably the best business within the park there (however the horse and carriage at 100THB per carriage for a 2-minute ride also seems to be very good business during the weekends).

50THB still seems entry for all, however as the prices is only announced in Thai now (ห้าสิบ) some changes might come there. But even if for tourists it would be 100 or so it would still be great value for money overall.

Kids entertainment doubled from 20 to 40THB per ride, still cheap but doubled. Ferris Wheel in English 40THB per each, in Thai 40THB per box (=1-2 persons).

Row of shops approx. 75% closed (was to be expected).

The obligatory (for Thai attractions) picture frames upon leaving the park of course but at 100THB per each not too bad.

Conclusion: still good value for money and a nice few hours away with the kids, ratings dropped from A+ to B though in my opinion. (B still being top in the area here)

Some children playground in eyesight of a nice terrace to eat / drink would be a nice thing to complete the experience or to lift it back to A+; where mom and dad can sit and enjoy for a while whilst the children are playing.

Yes i hope they keep the entrance fee at 50 baht ( but lets face it it's a massive place to keep running on a 50 baht entrance fee! ) I have never been a fan of " double pricing " and wherever i visit if it's a National Park or an other attraction i always carry a copy of my passport and visa,i don't see why i should pay any different to a Thai ( normally after confronting the situation with the manager the price is reduced rather quickly may i add....) 

farang jaideewai2.gif

I took my 7 yr old daughter today and was very surprised.very well kept and colorful and also seemed pretty busy.it was a enjoyable couple of hrs and the food in the resturant was pretty good and at a good price.worth taking your children there.

• 5 years later...
On 3/26/2014 at 7:22 AM, Tmymaimee said:

The reason Wonderfarm is so nice is because its owned by a European and he puts in far more to help kids than he receives in pay. The playground is free and he keeps the farm in very good shape. A Thai would just let it all go to <deleted> and charge double for foreigners. That's why Thais are so afraid of open competition - they know they can't compete.

Innacurate racist nonsense.

6 hours ago, craige1 said:

guys, how to reach there by local transport on our own ? 

PLEASE guide me

PS: For sake of easy understanding lets start from walking street to sheep farm.

It is out near the motorway on Hwy 36, which is a soddin' mess at the moment with road works. I would not make the effort to see a few sheep... are you from NZ visiting an old flame perhaps? 

Local public transport would not be easy. Suggest a car/taxi.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1