Had a Hard Morning on Thai Visa

ThePunPun

Not being liked by some of the posters on here is a positive plus as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to try the food and meet the self-centred owner smile.png

I'm self-centred too - if I wasn't I'd keep falling over.

Edited by inthepink

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being liked by some of the posters on here is a positive plus as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to try the food and meet the self-centred owner smile.png

Totally agree and I am not just keeping the page count going.

Let's keep this going, so we can reach a five page thread!

chiengmaijoe said

Post 17 A perfect example of why it isn't worth the hassle of advertising here, if ever I saw it.

Post 22 Other than topics discussing the weather (Rain) or the likes, anything getting a bit lively or interesting rarely gets past 4 pages.

Totally agree Nancy. Let us prove chiengmaijoe with his two statements (above) wrong.

Don't just take the easy option and press 'I Like' make a comment and support Gonzo! and down with the negative posters.

Agree 100% ...i love Pun Pun and Gonzo...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Can someone from the US please tell me what 'biscuits'are.

They are something like scones, but not sweet in any way. You can eat them with butter or gravy if you want something savory or honey or jam if you want something sweet. They are one of the things that I miss most when it come to American food. Some places make them, but not very well. There is a Popeye's Chicken somewhere in Thailand that makes them and they are the best that I've had here.

buttermilk-biscuits-ck-1853981-l.jpg

Something like the US equivalent of Yorkshire pudding, are they? I thing the puddings original intention was to pad out the dish as meat was a bit scarce. Doesn't sound like this would be a problem at Pun Pun.

Thought stimulating post..... not being liked by some posters who may just be some old fa*ts that just may be found to have too much of a estro level and a too low testo level and now have to find some other hobby..... like cutting down and blasting any and all. I think we are all self centered to some degree. Whats the alternative..... being somebody else centered ???? I think its all down to how you get on with and treat and show consideration for others that's more important.

But who wins and who loses?

In this case, the ones who demean and cut down any thing and all, and say they would never go to such a place then a lot of times find their ego and/or curiosity gets the better of them and they do come by.

If they never come by..... they lose as they missed out on what I think is a good meal at a fair price.

If they come by, then they do not want to give or ID themselves as Thai Visa and then do not get the discount.

So any and all are entitled to their opinion, even if self centered me disagrees with them

We just plod along doing our thing the best we can.....

Happy day to all.

G

• Like 1

How do you know the owner is self-centred if you have never met him? Our Gonzo is one of the nice guys of Thai visa and has gained much respect over the years.

Perhaps you have some sort of shady restaurant business in Chiang Mai and you`re trying to discredit the competition? You also need to be careful that disliked does not evolve into hated and detested.

The Pun Pun has been well established for many years and has a good reputation in Chiang Mai. I recommend to anyone who has not savoured the delights of the Pun Pun to go and try it out for themselves. It is also a very family orientated establishment and well worth taking the missus and the kids for a treat and as an afternoon or evening out.

post-110219-0-45160800-1395991115_thumb.

post-110219-0-39585400-1395991257_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Let's keep this going, so we can reach a five page thread!

chiengmaijoe said

Post 17 A perfect example of why it isn't worth the hassle of advertising here, if ever I saw it.

Post 22 Other than topics discussing the weather (Rain) or the likes, anything getting a bit lively or interesting rarely gets past 4 pages.

Totally agree Nancy. Let us prove chiengmaijoe with his two statements (above) wrong.

Don't just take the easy option and press 'I Like' make a comment and support Gonzo! and down with the negative posters.

Agree 100% ...i love Pun Pun and Gonzo...thumbsup.gif

I hope you succeed, because I also like John, but I have to say that the negative comments and nit-picking that is associated with any posts by sponsors would drive me mad. I'm sure John can handle them, but it must be tiresome.

A few more posts makes it 5 pages, let's hope there are some kind words amongst them.

How do you know the owner is self-centred if you have never met him? Our Gonzo is one of the nice guys of Thai visa and has gained much respect over the years.

Perhaps you have some sort of shady restaurant business in Chiang Mai and you`re trying to discredit the competition? You also need to be careful that disliked does not evolve into hated and detested.

The Pun Pun has been well established for many years and has a good reputation in Chiang Mai. I recommend to anyone who has not savoured the delights of the Pun Pun to go and try it out for themselves. It is also a very family orientated establishment and well worth taking the missus and the kids for a treat and as an afternoon or evening out.

Calm down, spot the smilie and the joke in the second sentence - it wasn't me that called the owner self-centred, as he has pointed out.

I have every intention of visiting Pun Pun - I actually liked the look of the dishes in the pictures and it's very near to my daughter's nursery so it won't take much effort for me to drop in.

I did find the self-centred comment amusing though. As Gonzo said, if your life isn't centred on yourself, what is it centred on? (please don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question and I don't want to go off topic)

Edited by inthepink

Calm down, spot the smilie and the joke in the second sentence - it wasn't me that called the owner self-centred, as he has pointed out.

I have every intention of visiting Pun Pun - I actually liked the look of the dishes in the pictures and it's very near to my daughter's nursery so it won't take much effort for me to drop in.

I did find the self-centred comment amusing though. As Gonzo said, if your life isn't centred on yourself, what is it centred on? (please don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question and I don't want to go off topic)

That`s all right then and I apologise for the misunderstanding.

That`s all right then and I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Thanks, no worries. I get into enough real arguments on here - I don't want to fall out with people over misunderstandings. It is sometimes difficult to tell whether somebody is joking on-line because you can't hear the tone of their voice.

Edited by inthepink

I can only see one price - for the special

There is one special each day. You have to click of the different days of the week on the right hand side to see the others. Bear in mind that the portions are big.

Oh yes. Cheers - I missed that.

I have to say, I don't much like the sound of river and onions though!

It's OK as the 'river' runs thru the 'onion' rings, I am told.

Went for lunch today and had their fish and chips. Good portion size as are all their meals. Enjoyed it a lot and even had a good chat and laugh with self centered John. Hey he used the term not me. So for those never been there, I will happily recommend it as a good place to satisfy your hunger pangs. Im sure the cheap charlies out there will like it too as its not expensive. Cheers for the chat today John.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

biggrin.png I think he's got a new name now - Hi, I'm self-centred John and this is my place.

OK, OK I said I was going.

Gonzo, where can I park? Someone mentioned earlier that it was difficult.

That's because they came in a double connected 40 footer and the tractor part just couldn't squeeze in.....

Please help me ..... will you be arriving by land, sea or air.

tongue.png

Just a little more seriously....... we do not have the biggest of car parks, but can squeeze in about 5 cars and some motos. Parking shouldn't be a big concern. We can always find space for you ....

S.C.John

• Like 1

Never been to the Pun Pun yet. Six months in Chiang Mai and I haven't had a spaghetti lunch yet. It's almost a crime for a spaghetti lover like me! And although I am slim I can swallow huge portions. The fish and chips seems appealing too. So I'll definitively have to give it a try, as I really do prefer basic simple food over 'sophisticated cuisine'. Thus, it should be the perfect place to satisfy my tastes.

Went for lunch today and had their fish and chips. Good portion size as are all their meals. Enjoyed it a lot and even had a good chat and laugh with self centered John. Hey he used the term not me. So for those never been there, I will happily recommend it as a good place to satisfy your hunger pangs. Im sure the cheap charlies out there will like it too as its not expensive. Cheers for the chat today John.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

biggrin.png I think he's got a new name now - Hi, I'm self-centred John and this is my place.

That would have to be accompanied with a Grand Gesture. Also start it off with a huge welcome.

then you could order your beans and wieners.smile.png I would suggest adding garlic toast.thumbsup.gif