Moves to block CAPO funds

webfact

POLITICS
Moves to block CAPO funds

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A SENATE committee has asked the Election Commission (EC) to suspend approval for the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO)'s use of central funds, on constitutional grounds.

Appointed Senator Air Chief Marshal Veeravit Kongsak, chairman of the Committee on Corruption and Promotion of Good Governance, said he has endorsed an urgent request to EC chairman Supachai Somcharoen to consider suspending the use of Bt2.3 billion in funds by the CAPO.

He said the request was based on a sub-panel's scrutiny of the police and the Budget Bureau concerning the use of funds by the CAPO. The caretaker Cabinet had earlier sought EC approval of funding for CAPO's activities.

The panel found the CAPO had used the central fund before the government received EC approval, which is a breach of Article 181 (2) of the Constitution.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-26

Just goes to show you that Chalerm is not following the law. Spending funds prior to approval and some question as to how it was spent. It also shows irresponsibility from the caretajer Gov by requesting the funds after they had been used. I wonder if these acts will be used as new cases to remove this corrupt Gov. Along with Chalerm.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

First there was a military coup. Then a judicial coup. Now....coup by election commission.

Do you see any issues with CAPO breaching the Constitution?

The panel found the CAPO had used the central fund before the government received EC approval, which is a breach of Article 181 (2) of the Constitution.

Hard to budget for an organisation, under whatever name it's using this week, which only comes-into-being during political-emergencies.

Perhaps the EC has other slightly more-important things to do (like arranging for a new election) and will decline to touch this particular hot-potato ?

It would be much easier to approve the funds for use, if a list of what the funds were going to be used for was tabled for approval.

Fund use without accountability? rolleyes.gif

Agree especially when they are spending over one million USD each day.

First there was a military coup. Then a judicial coup. Now....coup by election commission.

Yes, how dare they enforce the law. Outrageous behaviour.

Well pretty soon they're gonna be writing the law once they pull off this 'death by a thousand EC decisions' tactic and I'm sure they'll be as zealous in enforcing it then as they are now.

Edited by 15Peter20

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well if they didn't <deleted> up so much this wouldn't be an issue.

No Elected members of the Senate until after the Election and they are trying to stop the funding of the only organisation that is maintaining order in Bangkok.

Thailand is becoming a laughing stock.

Maintaining order in BKK

Ha ha ha ha

click the pic for my response

post-13618-0-11983100-1395879375_thumb.g

• Like 1

No Elected members of the Senate until after the Election and they are trying to stop the funding of the only organisation that is maintaining order in Bangkok.

please tell us you're being sarcastic.......

• Like 1

I am not being sarcastic.

There is now 3 organisations trying for a judicial coup.

1. The EC who were all appointed during the last Coup.

2. The Constitutional Court who only read the bits of the constitution that suits thier needs. ( I think most members were appointed by the un elected government during the last coup)

3. The Un-elected members of the Rump Senate who were all appointed by the unelected government during the last coup.

With these forces working against democracy what chance does Thailand have.

• Like 2

2. The Constitutional Court who only read the bits of the constitution that suits thier needs. ( I think most members were appointed by the un elected government during the last coup)

3. The Un-elected members of the Rump Senate who were all appointed by the unelected government during the last coup.

I have lived in Udon Thani now for 6 years

I also work for a company based in BKK

but we seems to live in different countries

Please tell us what part of Thailand you live

Pattaya maybe ?

Just goes to show you that Chalerm is not following the law. Spending funds prior to approval and some question as to how it was spent. It also shows irresponsibility from the caretajer Gov by requesting the funds after they had been used. I wonder if these acts will be used as new cases to remove this corrupt Gov. Along with Chalerm.

Chalerm IS the Law. He only follows it when it suits him. You know that.

Blocking funds to that egomaniac clown is a good move in my book.

• Like 1

Quite clear whose camp you support.

Btw, is becoming? Really? Has been a laughing stock since 2001, you mean.

Read it again, please. The very first sentence of the OP says 'Senate' committee, not EC. No wonder Thaksin supporters can't be convinced of anything; they already know so much that isn't true.

• Like 2

unbelievable - I know exactly what I would do if I was the EC - after their 5 star dinner service and god knows what else I'd simply say you were not authorised for this you did not get prior approval, submit all receipts and accounts and we will scrutinise them pending payment, any not approved within proper budgetary government practise you will have to pay yourself

It's rather sickening to think that Charlerm and his crew feel they can just spend tax payers money how and when they see fit, it gives a tiny glimpse of how things are done when the EC is not involved in approval process

If you want to know why Thailand is becoming a 'laughing stock' in international circles, read this thread about caretaker DPM and Minister of Foreign Affairs Surapong's 'international statement' to World diplomats.

Taking the law into their own hands

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/714171-taking-the-law-into-their-own-hands-thai-editorial/

What we are seeing here is a hint of how the appointed government proposed by the "Supreme Leader" in waiting would work.

Edited by rreddin
  • Like 1

Firstly Dr. Bruce??? I suppose you seem to think that democracy is only about the right to vote and there is so much more that makes a democracy than this.

2. Unless you will be hiding in a closet this weekend i believe a Senate willbe having elections again. Which brings me to see you don't know diddly about the politics here because they elect Senators. As a matter of fact the wife of one red shirt leader is campaigning now for a senate position.

3. Part of a democracy means having neutral agencies to provide checks and balances to the elected Gov. Just because you don't agree with their decisions does not maje them biased and certainly does not make you correct.

4. It is the constitutional courts job to interpret and make judgement for all matters pertaining to the questionability of what is written in it. Simply because you are angry that most all decision made by these agencies are going against the PTP nd YLs wishes does not make them biased.

If anyrhing your comments have shown that you wish all independent agencies like these were HARDCORE REDS and agreed with all the REDS say. Which also means you are not interested in a democracy. You want a Gov that is above the law and think they can do whatever they want without fear of consequences or reprisals. You can easily find it the way you seem to want in N. Korea. I read he held elections recently and won an unprecedented 100% votes choosing the leader

Edited by thesetat2013
  • Like 2

Read it again, please. The very first sentence of the OP says 'Senate' committee, not EC. No wonder Thaksin supporters can't be convinced of anything; they already know so much that isn't true.

They only know what the PTP and UDD tell them. Anybody else who doesn't support them gets booted from the north

CAPO maintaining order in Bangkok crazy.gif

You can't be serious, or?

If you are pro or against the government, the CAPO simply doesn't maintaining anything.

Yes, how dare they enforce the law. Outrageous behaviour.

Well pretty soon they're gonna be writing the law once they pull off this 'death by a thousand EC decisions' tactic and I'm sure they'll be as zealous in enforcing it then as they are now.

What?