Possible to drink well water with RO system?

If you want maximum peace of mind check the water. There are locations in Thailand that have elevated natural arsenic levels. If your well is shallow, (hand dug) you might want to check for pesticides, herbicides, coli, etc. I would bet pesticides, herbicides and arcsenic could pass through an RO filter. Dunno. I had all the checks...water sample was sent to some lab in Bangkok... about 2500 baht.

Thanks. I've been told the deep well at this house is 200m. There is a few places on Samui that will do water testing, so will get this done before and after.

I guess my new question is can any recommend a good RO machine? i.e. Do home-pro do them, or should I look for something more specialized?

even Tesco have water filtration RO systems, ours is from homePro btw. Our well on Samui is 180m connected to RO system (only for tap in kitchen) and no problems what so ever drinking this water. Rest of the house is not connected to any filtration but is fine for washing, brushing teeth etc. The water from the well was tested before and was suitable for drinking, but would rather use RO just in case (we have children).

Regards

AG

• Like 1

Thanks Alf. Where did you get the water tested?

There a shop called Samui Water Tech that sells all water related equipment, pumps, filters etc 200 metres before Big C (same side).

They charge 300 baht for the water analysis report which covers pH value, Fe in ppm, hardness etc. They only do the testing on a Wednesday morning which is the best time to take freshly drawn water for testing.

Of course TIT and Wednesday turned in to Thursday which turned in to Friday and finally this afternoon we got the report.

Only downside is their equipment seems expensive to me and the lady 'boss' does not have the most engaging of personalities or manners. whistling.gif

Any idea why Wednesday is best? wink.png

I'll drop by there next week. Thanks.

That may only have been this week as the 'lady' was in Bangkok, not sure.

Take a sample when convenient and see what happens.

Not sure exactly how much they need, but I took one litre. Probably overkill but they do a visual check for cloudiness.

Thanks Alf. Where did you get the water tested?

There a shop called Samui Water Tech that sells all water related equipment, pumps, filters etc 200 metres before Big C (same side).

They charge 300 baht for the water analysis report which covers pH value, Fe in ppm, hardness etc. They only do the testing on a Wednesday morning which is the best time to take freshly drawn water for testing.

Of course TIT and Wednesday turned in to Thursday which turned in to Friday and finally this afternoon we got the report.

Only downside is their equipment seems expensive to me and the lady 'boss' does not have the most engaging of personalities or manners. whistling.gif

+1

They used to be very helpful and price competitive.

Last time that I was there - 'lady boss' had had a personality by-pass and they were expensive.

They do get the water tested though.

I guess it's best to put the water in a glass container? I'll take a jam jar there early next week. I'll sort the lady boss out there, I'll sweet talk her...

I just used a clear plastic water bottle, 7/11 own brand.

Pakwaanthumbsup.giftongue.png