Overstay, ONE DAY, paying at the airport

I certainly hope that the people who are tired of reading about overstays don't click on this link... :)

I'm flying out of BKK on Saturday morning, I believe that will make overstaying my Tourist Visa by about 8 hours. I'm on Samui, and could go to Immigration and pay 1900 baht plus the travel costs but I'd rather just pay the 500 baht...if it even comes to that.

My question is, where exactly do I have to pay this? At passport control? Or a separate office someplace in the airport? I have enough time to catch my flight out but not if I have to go whoknowswhere to pay up.

thanks.

You will not pay an overstay fine because it will be less than 24 hours. You will get a small blue stamp that states you had an overstay of less than 24 hours.

It will be handled by immigration as you leave.

Only takes a few minutes at Samui airport but give yourself an additional 30 minutes just in case. It's the same stamp you get when your 60 days under a tourist visa expires but it's on a weekend so you can't extend on the last day.

[edit]Oops, just noticed you said flying out of BKK but same thing.

Edited by notmyself

Dont get caught by the BIB. I dont think they care about any grace , but I could be wrong..

Wise words. Even if you kept your passport and ticket on you showing you were going to leave in a few hours it would likely cost some tea money.

Dont get caught by the BIB. I dont think they care about any grace , but I could be wrong..

For most BIB overstay is overstay and it does not really matter if it is for a few hours or days.

It is a possibility for them to cash in on you. I don't say that this is the norm but it would not surprise me also.