How To Hire People In Thailand

Hi

I need to hire 2 Photoshop Web-designers and 2 Graphics Artists for our Game Development company.

Any idea where I post job announcements in BKK?

Any idea where I post job announcements in Pattaya?

Thanks,

Edited by DonTron

you can try jobthai.com and jobsdb.com. I have tried several job sites over the past few months and so far, the best ones are the 2 mentioned above but recruitment on the whole is a pain in Thailand because 1) Thais do not read the criterias and qualifications when applying for a job 2) THey do not remember who and what they are applying for 3) half of those you call back never show up on the day of interview 4) Sometimes after accepting the job offer, they change their mind without telling you! I know I may be criticised for generalising but ya know what? I have first hand experience on all of the above and believe me I am NOT exagerrating!

From A Recruitment Agency Point of View

Jobsdb - If you need good English Levels and a average salary above 20k

Jobthai - Low level English, salary regardless

Jobtopgun - annoying CV template, low level candidates but English Levels not bad

Jobbees - Not bad candidates but not many came thru

On average he number of CV's received by us is

Jobdb - 20-30 per day

Job Thai - 80 per day

Jobtopgun - 12 per day

Jobbees - 5 per day

and the comments above from homegal are quite a common complaint from clients who do their own recruitment.

Thanks homegal and Prudent_rabbit for your valuable input.

I just signed up on JOBBKK.com - it has a huge number of resumes. Do you have any experience with that site?

And would it help my chances getting the job announcement translated to Thai? If yes, can you recommend any translation services?

Best,

Don

Thanks homegal and Prudent_rabbit for your valuable input.

I just signed up on JOBBKK.com - it has a huge number of resumes. Do you have any experience with that site?

And would it help my chances getting the job announcement translated to Thai? If yes, can you recommend any translation services?

Best,

Don

I agree with Prudent_rabbit

But like jobsthai.com the best, jobdb is very good for top level staff.

Jobsthai.com: we have some applicants that speak excellent English but the masses will be average.

If you are looking for English speaking...no need. If it does not matter on the level of English, it would of course help to translate.

We do translation work. One page would be 600 Baht. If its legal it is 800 Baht. Most cases it is done the same day.

Our offices reopen on Wednesday( after the Holiday).

Jobsthai.com gives the worst quality of job applications I have ever seen.

Good things:

- I have recieved 27 applications in 48 hours.

Bad things:

- All 27 applications have CV's in Thai (which I cannot read)

- 24 of 27 applications start with the same cut&paste line "I'm very interested in working for your company and would like to apply for 'Web Designer' position. My resume is already attached with this email."

- None of the applicants read the job announcement

- None of the applicants fulfills any of the requirements (not even the most basic ones)

What can I do to get better applications, or just to get people to READ the announcement?

Would it help to raise the salary, or give more benefits or???

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Jobsthai.com gives the worst quality of job applications I have ever seen.

Good things:

- I have recieved 27 applications in 48 hours.

Bad things:

- All 27 applications have CV's in Thai (which I cannot read)

- 24 of 27 applications start with the same cut&paste line "I'm very interested in working for your company and would like to apply for 'Web Designer' position. My resume is already attached with this email."

- None of the applicants read the job announcement

- None of the applicants fulfills any of the requirements (not even the most basic ones)

What can I do to get better applications, or just to get people to READ the announcement?

Would it help to raise the salary, or give more benefits or???

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Be sure to click the button that says" Responses from applicants in English only" or some similar wording like that. You still will get some applications in Thai, but most will be in English.

Also put the advert in English as well, that cuts down on the applications in Thai.

I have superstars that came from that site but you have wade thru the applications. Out of the 53 employees we have in our Bangkok office, over half of them, came from this site.