Retirement Visa renewal

Well it's time to renew my retirement visa (April) so just checking to see if their were any changes from last year.

1. Completed form TM 7 with photo

2. Income letter from consulate

3. Copies of passport

a. data page

b. TM 6 departure card

c. old visa stamp

4. B1,900

Since Chang Watana is still closed I'll be going to the Lad Prao office, probably on 2 April. What time do they open and do they close for lunch? Thanks.

You will be applying for an extension of stay not a visa.

You need copies of passport that includes the visa and entry/permit to stay stamp you got with it and your most recent extension.

Both temporary offices are open 10:30 to 18:30. .if I recall correctly lunch is 12:30 to 13:30.

Lad Phrao is not the only office you can also go to the Major Hollywood Suksawat office. Reports are that it is less busy than Lad Phrao.

• Like 1

whistling.gif Even if you don't use a Thai bank account as part of the process it is always wise to have your Thai bank account passbook with you.

Also as another post said about bringing documants you may nor need, "Just in case you are asked."

But hat's up to you, i just happen to be a person who feels he would rather be safe than sorry.

Opens at 10:30.

No changes.

It might be a good idea to also take, evidence of your income and evidence of your address. Only for incase they ask.

Is a residency certificate required for an extension or will bank statements, etc with my BKK address be sufficient?

If it is required can I get one from Immigration in CW and then shuffle along for the extension or do I need to apply in advance?

Opens at 10:30.

No changes.

It might be a good idea to also take, evidence of your income and evidence of your address. Only for incase they ask.

Is a residency certificate required for an extension or will bank statements, etc with my BKK address be sufficient?

If it is required can I get one from Immigration in CW and then shuffle along for the extension or do I need to apply in advance?

The bank statements will suffice

Rental/lease agreement totally ennecessary. Never been asked in 7 years. If based on retirement, income letter from embassy sufficient. No bank statement necessary. Always very simple whether Lang Suan or Chaeng Wattana. Get there by 9 with papero\work properly prepared and you'll likely be out in a half hour.

I just renewed mine and that was all I brought.

They did make me fill out a form (with help) that was all in Thai.

Plus they wanted a copy of my wife's ID card.

Your last sentence contradict your first one...

You did not bring only what was in the list above,

you bring your wife's ID card too, and probably your wife too... rolleyes.gif

That makes a big difference for those who don't have a Thai wife.

You do not say what your nationality is. i am from the USA and all I needed was an income statement notarized by the US Embassy.

Lad Phrow is very poorly marked and confusing when you go in...extremely crowded and busy. They process guest workers from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia there and there are queue's everywhere.

Just before the glassed in main office entrance (5th floor), go to the right and there will be a long table at the end with small signs on the wall. Look for the one that says "Visa Extensions". They will check your documents and give you a queue number. If you need more copies there is a copy station just behind in the same room. They do not have an electronic display so you will have to watch for them to wave your number in the air...impossible to hear your number called because of loud chatter and multiple crying babies. When your number is called, they will process your documents, collect B1900 and give you another queue number and direct you to window A-5 in the glassed in area. You will be initially be called there pretty quickly to turn your documents in...then comes what for me was a 25 minute wait...then called to the window for my completed visa.

I also had to do a multiple entry permit which then entailed going back to the long table and looking for the "Re-Entry" sign on the wall. She gave me the application which I filled in and returned to her. She checked it then gave me a new queue number and sent me to window "D". Called within 10 minutes to turn documents, (TM-8 with picture and passport copy)pay B3800 then a 2 hour wait for the permit. The multiple entry permit actually took longer than the Visa extension.

Reminder to carefully check your documents BEFORE you leave just to be careful.

I just want to add that the staff there are working really hard to accommodate everybody and they deserve our gratitude. I personally observed two westerners who became agitated and abusive, raising their voices and insulting the staff and the staff handled it remarkably calmly. I'd have cuffed the bastards and tossed them in the hole.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

Spaniel.

I just renewed mine and that was all I brought. They did make me fill out a form (with help) that was all in Thai. Plus they wanted a copy of my wife's ID card.

I wonder why your wife's ID card is relevant to your retirement visa application.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Spaniel.

I just renewed mine and that was all I brought. They did make me fill out a form (with help) that was all in Thai. Plus they wanted a copy of my wife's ID card.

I wonder why your wife's ID card is relevant to your retirement visa application.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My wife's tabbien ban and ID card are needed to verify that I am living at my wife's house when I renew my extension of stay based on retirement at Kap Choeng immigration

Edited by mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

why? an retirement extension has nothing to do with your wife, I have never had to produce these in 8 years.

I think it depends on what immigration office you go to. Mine (Korat) only wanted a copy of my wife's ID.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

why? an retirement extension has nothing to do with your wife, I have never had to produce these in 8 years.

I think it depends on what immigration office you go to. Mine (Korat) only wanted a copy of my wife's ID.

How does immigration know that you are married ?

The application form does not contain any information about civil status.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Many immigration offices want proof of residence and if you are married to a Thai her house book and ID card can be used as that proof.

If your wife was to go with you when you do your extension they would certainly know about your marriage then.

Probably because I take my wife to immigration every time I go. Seems to make it go easier. Guess if I didn't take my wife they might ask for some type of proof of residency.

It's not because she's my wife, it's because she has the blue book for the property which is my registered address when I apply for the extension. Do you not need to supply evidence of where you reside? See Ubonjoes post above...

Edited by mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

My visa expires in June. I have returned to US to care for my parents in March. I plan to return to Thailand in July.

Can I renew my retirement visa while I'm outside Thailand?

I assume you have an extension of stay based upon retirement you obtained at immigration not a visa.

You will be not be able to get a new extension while in the states. You will have to start all over again by getting a single entry non-o visa. You can get the non-o at one of the honorary consulates listed here .http://www.thaiembdc.us/dcdp/Thai_Consulate_Directory2

If you truly have a visa you could just get a new visa while you are out of the country.