1 year multiple entry B visa from Dubai?

An offshore business advisor to my Thai company has requested assistance in obtaining a 1 year multiple entry B visa.

He visits Bangkok usually monthly and provides business marketing and strategy advice.

He is an Australian passport holder, but resides and works in Dubai. So he would be applying for the visa at the Royal Thai Consulate in Dubai.

Are there any reports of 1 year non-immigrant B visa's being issued in Dubai? If so, what information/documents would my Thai company be required to provide?

I cannot be a lot of help because we get very few reports about visas done in Dubai.

Info about the application process is here on consulate website. http://www.thaiconsulatedubai.com/default2.aspx?language=EN&entry_key=M3S1&item=M3S1&menu=M3&

On website they refer a person to the MFA website for other info. Here is info for getting a non-b visa for business purposes.http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

I lived in the UAE for about 10 year. Never got a Non-Imm B, but frequently obtained tourist visas and eventually my non-imm O-A visa. The Thai consulate in Dubai was pretty accommodating and easy to deal with. Got the O-A with no hassle. I did use the Thai embassy in Abu Dhabi a few times, but they were known to be more difficult.

Have him visit the consulate visa office and ask for a list of requirements. They had a packet of information & forms for the O-A and may have the same thing on hand for the non-imm B.

Edited by Suradit69

Thanks for the above comments. I emailed the consulate in Dubai and they said it's a no go. Here's their response:

"A multiple entry Non-Immigrant visa business visa is not issued by the Consulate in Dubai, only for those case by case depending upon trading and the need to travel to Thailand often, as Immigration in Bangkok are now processing the multiple entry providing proper documentation on registration with Immigration."

Thanks for the above comments. I emailed the consulate in Dubai and they said it's a no go. Here's their response:

"A multiple entry Non-Immigrant visa business visa is not issued by the Consulate in Dubai, only for those case by case depending upon trading and the need to travel to Thailand often, as Immigration in Bangkok are now processing the multiple entry providing proper documentation on registration with Immigration."

They wrong on what they say about immigration here. Immigration does not do visas. They do extensions of stay and that requires a work permit and then a multiple re-entry permit can be obtained.

They wrong on what they say about immigration here. Immigration does not do visas. They do extensions of stay and that requires a work permit and then a multiple re-entry permit can be obtained.

I used to get multiple non-B from the Netherlands. But they stopped giving these out two years ago. I do have a workpermit in Thailand, but travel very regularly outside Thailand for business. Getting a workpermit while working for a Thai company, but working mostly abroad isn't easy either by the way!

Consulate tells me to get an extension in Thailand and get a multiple re entry permit. See my other thread with the problem that this is now giving me, as I can't leave Thailand until this is processed.