'Govt should step aside': Thai Chamber of Commerce

webfact

Call an election and let the people decide who they want.

Well I though thats what every one wants

just some want time to get rid of the corruption first

but they still want to """ Call an election and let the people decide who they want *****

so your posting ( As Written ) is on the protestors side I see

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy seriously needs his head read if he thinks "a reform period" under a "neutral Prime Minister" (i.e. Suthep's demands) will bring stability to the country. More like civil war.

The country will never be stable as long as armed thugs can shut down elections with the blessing of the courts and the military.

The only way for Thailand to become stable anytime soon is for the yellows to respect democracy, allow elections, and respect the results. If they lose (which is likely) then they need to either suck s!*t and accept being in opposition, or take a good hard look at themselves and change their platform to something that the majority of Thai people actually want.

As I imagine that though, I also mentally hear the sound of pigs flapping their wings, which is why I predict that the troubles (and associated economic stagnation) will continue throughout this year and the next.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Heres another poster who thinks he's still back in 2010

The only way for Thailand to become stable anytime soon is for the yellows to respect democracy, allow elections, and respect the results. If they lose (which is likely) then they need to either suck s!*t and accept being in opposition, or take a good hard look at themselves and change their platform to something that the majority of Thai people actually want.

2014 there are no yellows. only some people who like to wear yellow shirts, this protest w buy the THAI People

My Thai wife and friends hate the yellow shirts, they come from Issan, but they where part of the protest for a month

so now you have the right to tell Thai people they can not wear yellow

I have 3 yellow shirts, and I also have many red ones

so there goes your theory

and I love pink but I am not gay ha ha

So the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade is on board with reforms before elections and the Govt "stepping down". Very interesting. Are they in PDRC/Dem/Anti-Govt's pockets too? What do you think fab4?

Not sure who is in which pocket but they are all in the same Amaeta coat.

The rich and powerful in Bangkok are all trying to get rid of the government that was elected by the people of Thailand.

Slight correction to your limited view of things.

It's actually the old rich and powerful in Bangkok trying to get rid of the new equally rich and powerful from the North.

Forget using elite, amart and all the other fun catchwords you use to polarize people and hide what's really going on. People are seeing through it now.

As for that majority, well keep blowing on about it if you want but it's not relevant, there is no elected Govt at the moment. And when election time rolls around once more, there is not a snowballs chance in hell that PT/Thaksin will be able to claim that majority again. Wait and see.

"Wait and see"

"...The obstruction and failure to tabulate the last vote certainly speaks volumes how confident the PAD-dem's were...and are.

Wait and see....indeed

The coup-monger stuff in Bangkok trying to nullify the electoral choice of millions, and their faux utilization of the judiciary and Independent Organizations that is obvious to all, should increase the majority considerably.....

I don't know why everyone always brings up that the Democrats should change their policies, when a poll prior to the 2011 electionin the N/NE rated their policies as better.

There may a lot of things that the Democrats need to do to get elected, but changing their policies isn't one of them.

Poll? Poll? LMFAO! There's only one poll that counts in a democracy and it's called a 'General Election'. Any other kind of poll is just a piece of paid for propaganda. I thought everyone knew that.

so why are you not backing a tv debate for all thais to see between Ying luck and the leader of the Dems

To many questions that you not want the Thai people to see the answers

• Like 1

" She said she was focused on how to get all the parties involved to agree to have a new election soon, after the Constitutional Court last week nullified the February 2 election. "

She must be doing it invisibly, because what she is doing that is visible is the following :

Yingluck's path to an election - don't meet with anyone

- don't meet with any parties

- don't talk to the Election Commission

- don't formally address the charges of the National Anti-Corruption Commission, as a way to show public respect for the judicial system

- publicly undermine the legitimacy of the NACC, thereby playing to her base, and knowing full well that the NACC is under constant grenade attack

- allow her " deputy prime minister " to write to the UN admonishing the constitutionally empowered institutions of the rule of law - the Constitutional Court and the independent agencies

That is Yingluck's path to an election and public confidence.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

What went wrong with PTP's promise "You will all be rich in 6 months"?cheesy.gif

My wife was taught there is no plural for YOU

so you mean all of us

all of us includes Us

Us Includes me

so it is so simple why you not understand

PTP's promise "We will all be rich in 6 months"?

I'm a farang so it doesn't include me so I will say all you Thai's

<un-formatted quotes snipped>

Grown up debating isn't your strong point, is it? Let me spell it out in simple terms. Democrat party commissions a poll in the NE on their policies. Poll shows that most people prefer the Democrats. Fantastic! No need to change their policies. And then a few months later reality bites them in the bum when nearly everyone in the NE votes for PTP and returns them with a landslide majority.

The people quite openly stated that they preferred strawberry ice-cream.

However, they were 'instructed' to ask for vanilla.

Not a lot to disagree with in your respose, The leaders of both sides are rich, the poor have little voice in Thailand except elections. The supporters of Suthep are generally richer and more powerful than the supporters of democracy.

I have to disagree with what you say about the majority as you would expect. I believe that if an election is held under the present rules then PTP will win. If Suthep gets his way, the rules will be changed to such an extent that democracy will become a sham and there is no way of knowing who will win the faux election he will come up with. Do you remember the last time the Ammata were in charge of a vote? The referendum on the Constitution, It was illegal to voice disagreemnet with the proposal and the military stated that if the people did not vote for the constitution they would just select one of the old ones and rule by that.

There is an elected Government at the moment, PTP are governing in caretaker mode until there are elections or a coup.

well perhaps you'd like to share with us all what the rules are now and what changes Suthep is going to - none of your usual lies please, quoted facts only

I don't expect an answer

some how in your dreams you have put into your mind the Suthrep will be running the new Dem Government if it is formed

I guess you also believe the Yingluck tells the PTP what to do

post-13618-0-87786700-1396070778_thumb.j

Not sure who is in which pocket but they are all in the same Amaeta coat.

The rich and powerful in Bangkok are all trying to get rid of the government that was elected by the people of Thailand.

Slight correction to your limited view of things.

It's actually the old rich and powerful in Bangkok trying to get rid of the new equally rich and powerful from the North.

Forget using elite, amart and all the other fun catchwords you use to polarize people and hide what's really going on. People are seeing through it now.

As for that majority, well keep blowing on about it if you want but it's not relevant, there is no elected Govt at the moment. And when election time rolls around once more, there is not a snowballs chance in hell that PT/Thaksin will be able to claim that majority again. Wait and see.

Not a lot to disagree with in your respose, The leaders of both sides are rich, the poor have little voice in Thailand except elections. The supporters of Suthep are generally richer and more powerful than the supporters of democracy.

I have to disagree with what you say about the majority as you would expect. I believe that if an election is held under the present rules then PTP will win. If Suthep gets his way, the rules will be changed to such an extent that democracy will become a sham and there is no way of knowing who will win the faux election he will come up with. Do you remember the last time the Ammata were in charge of a vote? The referendum on the Constitution, It was illegal to voice disagreemnet with the proposal and the military stated that if the people did not vote for the constitution they would just select one of the old ones and rule by that.

There is an elected Government at the moment, PTP are governing in caretaker mode until there are elections or a coup.

well perhaps you'd like to share with us all what the rules are now and what changes Suthep is going to - none of your usual lies please, quoted facts only

I don't expect an answer

As soon as Suthep deems to share how he will reform Thailand to ensure that nobody who agrees with Taksin can be elected you will be the first person who I tell. If he tells you first how he is going to rig the elections to ensure that nobody who agrees with Taksin can be elected will you promise to tell me?

Edited to remove central quote as over limit

I don't know why everyone always brings up that the Democrats should change their policies, when a poll prior to the 2011 electionin the N/NE rated their policies as better.

There may a lot of things that the Democrats need to do to get elected, but changing their policies isn't one of them.

Poll? Poll? LMFAO! There's only one poll that counts in a democracy and it's called a 'General Election'. Any other kind of poll is just a piece of paid for propaganda. I thought everyone knew that.

so why are you not backing a tv debate for all thais to see between Ying luck and the leader of the Dems

Don't remember saying I was against a TV debate. Debates between party leaders are a normal part of election campaigns in democratic countries. Of course, slippery Abhisit and his party sat out the last election, so there wouldn't be much point in the Prime Minister debating with someone who wasn't prepared to put his name before the people. If the 'Democrats' condescend to take part in the next election then I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a TV debate between the party leaders as part of the campaign process. Even better would be a debate between Thaksin and the puppet master we all know is pulling Abhisit's strings.

Don't remember saying I was against a TV debate. Debates between party leaders are a normal part of election campaigns in democratic countries. Of course, slippery Abhisit and his party sat out the last election, so there wouldn't be much point in the Prime Minister debating with someone who wasn't prepared to put his name before the people. If the 'Democrats' condescend to take part in the next election then I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a TV debate between the party leaders as part of the campaign process. Even better would be a debate between Thaksin and the puppet master we all know is pulling Abhisit's strings.

I don't see why Abhisit should be accorded any more privilege that Anti Sombats Somtaam party. He certainly hasn't been acting as part of the democratic solution.

That is what Parliament is for....televise all the debates you want there.

TV debates, submitting issues with self-righteous indignation to the judiciary and Independent Organizations is all an effort to avoid parliament where the PAD-Dem electoral minority status is visible for all to see.

Suthep and the so-called "Democrats" should step aside and let the duly-elected government govern.

And any government, of whatever political party or coalition, should govern in accordance with the law, the constitution and parliamentary procedures.

Or face the consequences of their illegal actions.

• Like 2

my god the crowd is huge in Bangkok today - if that is not a clear message to PTP I don't know what is

It's a Saturday. Just the usual whistling grannies combining a bit of light entertainment with their usual saturday visit to the designer shopping malls. And then there's the noodle vendors, the fake whistle sellers, the paid thugs, the shiny leader and the mad monk...... Not much here to concern an elected government.

If the caretaker government aren't worried why invoke a SOE, now go to ISA, allow their supporters to carry out grenade and shooting attacks on the protesters and get the DSI to go after them and illegally freeze their bank accounts.

If this is how they react when their not worried, hate to see them when they are! They might even consider raising their own private illegal militia. Nah, no democratic legal party would do that, would they?

• Like 1

Yet another credible Thai group who are calling for these corrupt and incompetent Shinawatra / Pheu Thai soi dogs to haul their flea ridden ass's out of town. Is their any credible group in Thailand who is now not calling for their removal. Thaksin and his family are going to enjoy the Dubai sands in the cracks of their ass's for the rest of his life. That the fugitive peoples court convicted criminal will never again step foot in Thailand is poetic justice.

• Like 1

This guy seriously needs his head read if he thinks "a reform period" under a "neutral Prime Minister" (i.e. Suthep's demands) will bring stability to the country. More like civil war.

The country will never be stable as long as armed thugs can shut down elections with the blessing of the courts and the military.

As I imagine that though, I also mentally hear the sound of pigs flapping their wings, which is why I predict that the troubles (and associated economic stagnation) will continue throughout this year and the next.

You raise an excellent point about the need for the opposition in its various manifestations to reform its policies.At the moment their position is akin to an arsonist who not only starts a fire but prevents the firemen from extinguishing the blaze, and then blames it on the home owner.The Democrats have disgracefully placed their hopes in a corrupt and thuggish provincial boss rather than internal reform which might produce a less discredited leadership and more attractive policies.Meamwhile the "reform before elections" mantra seems as imprecise and unthought out as ever.It is impossible to get a clear answer on what exact electoral reforms are required, or a coherent response on why the last election was not valid.

So who discredited the leadership of the democrats? Thaksin and his PR buddies, that's who. But many ordinary Thais love Abhisit.

So the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade is on board with reforms before elections and the Govt "stepping down". Very interesting. Are they in PDRC/Dem/Anti-Govt's pockets too? What do you think fab4?

The Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade know business. They do not know the country and they do not know politics. Worse, they are deluded. They have no idea what the real cause of the country's problems are because if they did they would not be making unrealistic statements about reforms before elections. The country's value systems, including their own, have to be changed to achieve meaningful reforms. And you cannot do that in a few months. It takes years and probably at least a generation.

• Like 1

rreddin post # 81

The Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade know business. They do not know the country and they do not know politics. Worse, they are deluded. They have no idea what the real cause of the country's problems are because if they did they would not be making unrealistic statements about reforms before elections. The country's value systems, including their own, have to be changed to achieve meaningful reforms. And you cannot do that in a few months. It takes years and probably at least a generation.

Well in view of your profound comments and your long term residency here could we all be given the benefit of your wisdom as you intimate it is indeed far superior to those members of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Trade and their knowledge concerning business matters here in Thailand.

No doubt if were to follow your sage advice concerning business practices here in Thailand we ( foreigners) too will all be rich in six months.

We all no doubt await your comments in the public domain as to the cure or the panacea for all of Thailand's current problems.

However I for one will not be holding my breath while awaiting your erudite pronouncements on this matter.

Edited by siampolee

Even better would be a debate between Thaksin and the puppet master we all know is pulling Abhisit's strings.

Living up here in Esaan I am not privy to inside information. I honestly don't know who the puppet master pulling Abhisit's strings is. Can you please tell me who this person is? Thank you in advance.

• Like 2

Suthep and the so-called "Democrats" should step aside and let the duly-elected government govern.

What duly elected government is it you refer to??

It seems that you haven't made much of an effort in keeping up with the Thai news!!!

• Like 1

Even better would be a debate between Thaksin and the puppet master we all know is pulling Abhisit's strings.

Living up here in Esaan I am not privy to inside information. I honestly don't know who the puppet master pulling Abhisit's strings is. Can you please tell me who this person is? Thank you in advance.

Don't he mean Suthep, because all they have in their heads are Suthep-Abhisit-Dems-elections- and the reds stand for democracy.-why we reply to these wind up merchants, better us talk amongst ourselves and let them do the same.

• Like 1

Khun Isara - You should ask Khun Suthep to stop his demonstration if you feel it impacts on your three hotels in Bangkok, specially the Grand Hyatt Erawan, JW Marriott Ploenchit and the Courtyard by Marriott. I wonder why the Nation doesn't mention that this guy is one of the richest guy in Thailand with a portfolio of three hotels in Bangkok. Oh, he does own a resort in Samui as well.

This guy is surely biased against the Shinawatra's so no wonder Kamnan Suthep always likes to dine at the Hyatt Erawan which is owned by this pal.

YS just ignore this guy as he must have been one of those guys that called Suthep last time to move away in front of the Hyatt Erawan and go to Lumphini Park as the Hyatt was surely hit very hard for over two months. Rates dropped by over 40% just within a month and occupancy rates was below 50%.

Since an election is nothing more than a financial transaction they simply need to pay more money to the electorate. Sold to the highest bidder.

You're missing the point. There needs to be reform first of the electoral and judicial system. If not all that will happen is if the PTP win then the country could be run by a criminal who isn't even in the country or the election so will have no votes. If as seems likely the PTP manage to do something that looks as if it isn't entirely legal or constitutional the courts will become involved and if the court dares to find against them there will be accusations of bias.

That's why there needs to be reform for the benefit of both sides and it's got very little to do with what Suthep wants.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1

Heres another poster who thinks he's still back in 2010

2014 there are no yellows. only some people who like to wear yellow shirts, this protest w buy the THAI People

My Thai wife and friends hate the yellow shirts, they come from Issan, but they where part of the protest for a month

so now you have the right to tell Thai people they can not wear yellow

I have 3 yellow shirts, and I also have many red ones

so there goes your theory

and I love pink but I am not gay ha ha

PAD, Pitak Siam, PDRC, the name changes but the agenda stays the same. They all represent the same bloc in politics. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

If these protesters represent the majority of the Thai people, then why aren't they pushing for an election?

You're missing the point. There needs to be reform first of the electoral and judicial system. If not all that will happen is if the PTP win then the country could be run by a criminal who isn't even in the country or the election so will have no votes. If as seems likely the PTP manage to do something that looks as if it isn't entirely legal or constitutional the courts will become involved and if the court dares to find against them there will be accusations of bias.

That's why there needs to be reform for the benefit of both sides and it's got very little to do with what Suthep wants.

The elections were accepted by the international community as free and fair. The only thing that needs "reform" here is a purging of the EC to get rid of people who do things such as participate in PDRC demonstrations.

The judicial system also needs reform, given the recent series of ludicrous verdicts it has handed down recently.

But I still don't see why democracy needs to be suspended for these to be carried out.

You raise an excellent point about the need for the opposition in its various manifestations to reform its policies.At the moment their position is akin to an arsonist who not only starts a fire but prevents the firemen from extinguishing the blaze, and then blames it on the home owner.The Democrats have disgracefully placed their hopes in a corrupt and thuggish provincial boss rather than internal reform which might produce a less discredited leadership and more attractive policies.Meamwhile the "reform before elections" mantra seems as imprecise and unthought out as ever.It is impossible to get a clear answer on what exact electoral reforms are required, or a coherent response on why the last election was not valid.

So who discredited the leadership of the democrats? Thaksin and his PR buddies, that's who. But many ordinary Thais love Abhisit.

Abhisit has done an excellent job of discrediting himself (most recently with the election boycott). Absolutely no PR team needed.