'Govt should step aside': Thai Chamber of Commerce

webfact

>>>"The Thai Chamber of Commerce has urged the caretaker government to suspend performing its duty to pave the way for negotiations before national reform and prevent the collapse of the economy".

As would be expected from this "Most ammart of all ammart elements"

If there is any doubt this characterization, show me where there is any daylight between their pronouncements and those of the Ammart coup-mongers.

Just one more example of their attempts to segment themselves...Having entities not identified as the Elitist ammart/PAD-Dem's, issue statements reflecting their political agenda........a little bit like 'Agenda Laundering" if you will.

>>>"The call yesterday came as pressure continued to build against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her government"

Pressure is not building on PM Yingluck and the PTP. If there is any pressure at all, it is on the electoral majority. The ploy of seeking separate Ms. Y. and the PTP from their electoral base, is spin.

>>>"Recent court rulings have been unfavourable to her administration and independent agencies are investigating allegations against the PM"

"Recent"?....Really?.....This attempt to make a coup not seem to be a coup as per above quote, is so blatantly obvious, suggesting otherwise is a slam against one's intelligence.

Meeting of UDD/Red Shirt happening all over the place at the moment, finalizing their plans for when the Ammart and anti-democrats pull the "coup-trigger" with these judicial and independent agencies.

Ooh copy Dutchman, stop defending these disgusting people, and think about a future for this country.

The Sinawatra's are looting the country and still have your support??

And stop talking abut the PAD, because they have nothing to do with this, the fact is people are opening their eyes and are sick about the corrupt thugs, hope you'll open your eyes soon, wake and grow up and smell the coffee

• Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call an election and let the people decide who they want.

Yes I agree, provided President Suthep allows his followers to vote.

My concern is that there will never be another election when Suthep takes the country, the guy is mad and just waiting to get his snout into the trough.

• Like 2

Call an election and let the people decide who they want.

Yes I agree, provided President Suthep allows his followers to vote.

My concern is that there will never be another election when Suthep takes the country, the guy is mad and just waiting to get his snout into the trough.

How many times do people have to answer and say he has NO intention of being P.M. You are with others side stepping the campaign to oust the Shin clan, stop the money going missing.

Get them All that have done wrong and lock them up. REFORMS then elections to select who is left worth voting for.

You cannot be having 3 billion baht wasted with voting for people that sooner or later be banned or jailed. The courts have got to do the cleaning.

Then I personally do not give a toss who gets in. Heavy sentences for future government personnel wanting fingers in the till.

Independent watch dogs set up for this purpose.

"Government should step aside"..... Just shows how insane these people are. Anyone who thinks that an unelected elitist junta would be an improvement on a democratically elected government with a landslide majority needs their head examined.

The increasingly shrill pronouncements from the anti democracy faction shows how desperate they have become. Look at Sutheps latest stunt, another rally. Been there, done that, didn't work.

An elected government yes

A democraticaly elected government ...... No Way

your Posting are done in the Irish tradition

written like a good old Irish joke, and you are most entertaining

• Like 1

So the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade is on board with reforms before elections and the Govt "stepping down". Very interesting. Are they in PDRC/Dem/Anti-Govt's pockets too? What do you think fab4?

The Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade know business. They do not know the country and they do not know politics. Worse, they are deluded. They have no idea what the real cause of the country's problems are because if they did they would not be making unrealistic statements about reforms before elections. The country's value systems, including their own, have to be changed to achieve meaningful reforms. And you cannot do that in a few months. It takes years and probably at least a generation.

The Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade know business.

Never a truer word has been said

and buisnesses employ people

Nusiiiness pay wages and taxes

so what we need running Thailand is people who know how to run a business

Suthep and the so-called "Democrats" should step aside and let the duly-elected government govern.

What duly elected government is it you refer to??

It seems that you haven't made much of an effort in keeping up with the Thai news!!!

well put, I love it when some talks the truth

Even better would be a debate between Thaksin and the puppet master we all know is pulling Abhisit's strings.

Don't remember saying I was against a TV debate. Debates between party leaders are a normal part of election campaigns in democratic countries. Of course, slippery Abhisit and his party sat out the last election, so there wouldn't be much point in the Prime Minister debating with someone who wasn't prepared to put his name before the people. If the 'Democrats' condescend to take part in the next election then I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a TV debate between the party leaders as part of the campaign process. Even better would be a debate between Thaksin and the puppet master we all know is pulling Abhisit's strings.

Living up here in Esaan I am not privy to inside information. I honestly don't know who the puppet master pulling Abhisit's strings is. Can you please tell me who this person is? Thank you in advance.

Don't he mean Suthep, because all they have in their heads are Suthep-Abhisit-Dems-elections- and the reds stand for democracy.-why we reply to these wind up merchants, better us talk amongst ourselves and let them do the same.

the reds and the PTP want to use what they call democracy

To destroy Real Democracy

In the west we call it SPIN

Suthep and the so-called "Democrats" should step aside and let the duly-elected government govern.

What duly elected government is it you refer to??

It seems that you haven't made much of an effort in keeping up with the Thai news!!!

well put, I love it when some talks the truth

Better call him Bill and omit the SMART part.

It got elected but it has not governed. Look at the record --What has it achieved in 2 years+ ???

Can any of the pro gov posters answer this. I am talking about big reform and changes that a said government are paid for. WELL any takers.????

FEW if any, all majority of us get in answers are skirting answers NOT government achievements that we should be proud of.

Do you seriously think that even his current supporters would not protest if Suthep even suggested that he become Prime Minister?

There is zero chance of Suthep becoming the country's leader (what ever name you want to put on it).

This guy seriously needs his head read if he thinks "a reform period" under a "neutral Prime Minister" (i.e. Suthep's demands) will bring stability to the country. More like civil war.

The country will never be stable as long as armed thugs can shut down elections with the blessing of the courts and the military.

The only way for Thailand to become stable anytime soon is for the yellows to respect democracy, allow elections, and respect the results. If they lose (which is likely) then they need to either suck s!*t and accept being in opposition, or take a good hard look at themselves and change their platform to something that the majority of Thai people actually want.

As I imagine that though, I also mentally hear the sound of pigs flapping their wings, which is why I predict that the troubles (and associated economic stagnation) will continue throughout this year and the next.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Heres another poster who thinks he's still back in 2010

The only way for Thailand to become stable anytime soon is for the yellows to respect democracy, allow elections, and respect the results. If they lose (which is likely) then they need to either suck s!*t and accept being in opposition, or take a good hard look at themselves and change their platform to something that the majority of Thai people actually want.

2014 there are no yellows. only some people who like to wear yellow shirts, this protest w buy the THAI People

My Thai wife and friends hate the yellow shirts, they come from Issan, but they where part of the protest for a month

so now you have the right to tell Thai people they can not wear yellow

I have 3 yellow shirts, and I also have many red ones

so there goes your theory

and I love pink but I am not gay ha ha

PAD, Pitak Siam, PDRC, the name changes but the agenda stays the same. They all represent the same bloc in politics. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

If these protesters represent the majority of the Thai people, then why aren't they pushing for an election?

Hate to destroy you delusion

But the protestors do want an election

But one with out criminals, terrorist, thugs, in the government

Seems your idea is to have an election when democracy is used to destroy true democracy

So Convicted criminal can not keep running the country

This guy seriously needs his head read if he thinks "a reform period" under a "neutral Prime Minister" (i.e. Suthep's demands) will bring stability to the country. More like civil war.

The country will never be stable as long as armed thugs can shut down elections with the blessing of the courts and the military.

As I imagine that though, I also mentally hear the sound of pigs flapping their wings, which is why I predict that the troubles (and associated economic stagnation) will continue throughout this year and the next.

You're missing the point. There needs to be reform first of the electoral and judicial system. If not all that will happen is if the PTP win then the country could be run by a criminal who isn't even in the country or the election so will have no votes. If as seems likely the PTP manage to do something that looks as if it isn't entirely legal or constitutional the courts will become involved and if the court dares to find against them there will be accusations of bias.

That's why there needs to be reform for the benefit of both sides and it's got very little to do with what Suthep wants.

The elections were accepted by the international community as free and fair. The only thing that needs "reform" here is a purging of the EC to get rid of people who do things such as participate in PDRC demonstrations.

The judicial system also needs reform, given the recent series of ludicrous verdicts it has handed down recently.

But I still don't see why democracy needs to be suspended for these to be carried out.

1) The elections were accepted by the international community as free and fair.

Well you not read the same media as I do, as they seems to say you have a government run by a criminal un Dubai

2) The only thing that needs "reform" here is a purging of the EC to get rid of people who do things such as participate in PDRC demonstrations.

Baised comment, all parties need to take on reform, your idea that PTP is perfect just lost you and credibility

3) The judicial system also needs reform, given the recent series of ludicrous verdicts it has handed down recently.

So now you feel you understand and know more about justice and law in Thailand than learnered judges

Conclusion

No need even say more

You are here to promote a dictator governement and do not have an open mind

so just wasting my time even replying to your comments

But I still don't see why democracy needs to be suspended for these to be carried out

Maybe you should realise they are using what they call democracy to destroy true democracy

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You're missing the point. There needs to be reform first of the electoral and judicial system. If not all that will happen is if the PTP win then the country could be run by a criminal who isn't even in the country or the election so will have no votes. If as seems likely the PTP manage to do something that looks as if it isn't entirely legal or constitutional the courts will become involved and if the court dares to find against them there will be accusations of bias.

That's why there needs to be reform for the benefit of both sides and it's got very little to do with what Suthep wants.

The elections were accepted by the international community as free and fair. The only thing that needs "reform" here is a purging of the EC to get rid of people who do things such as participate in PDRC demonstrations.

The judicial system also needs reform, given the recent series of ludicrous verdicts it has handed down recently.

But I still don't see why democracy needs to be suspended for these to be carried out.

Well you not read the same media as I do, as they seems to say you have a government run by a criminal un Dubai

2) The only thing that needs "reform" here is a purging of the EC to get rid of people who do things such as participate in PDRC demonstrations.

Baised comment, all parties need to take on reform, your idea that PTP is perfect just lost you and credibility

3) The judicial system also needs reform, given the recent series of ludicrous verdicts it has handed down recently.

So now you feel you understand and know more about justice and law in Thailand than learnered judges

Conclusion

No need even say more

But I still don't see why democracy needs to be suspended for these to be carried out

Maybe you should realise they are using what they call democracy to destroy true democracy

Some have a very strange ideas about what a "democracy" actually is

A democracy is about a lot more than voting.

"Elections" and "voting" take place in North Korea does that make North Korea a "democracy ?

Edited by thepool
  • Like 2

Heres another poster who thinks he's still back in 2010

2014 there are no yellows. only some people who like to wear yellow shirts, this protest w buy the THAI People

My Thai wife and friends hate the yellow shirts, they come from Issan, but they where part of the protest for a month

so now you have the right to tell Thai people they can not wear yellow

I have 3 yellow shirts, and I also have many red ones

so there goes your theory

and I love pink but I am not gay ha ha

PAD, Pitak Siam, PDRC, the name changes but the agenda stays the same. They all represent the same bloc in politics. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

If these protesters represent the majority of the Thai people, then why aren't they pushing for an election?

Hate to destroy you delusion

But the protestors do want an election

But one with out criminals, terrorist, thugs, in the government

Seems your idea is to have an election when democracy is used to destroy true democracy

So Convicted criminal can not keep running the country

So in other words they want an election where only certain parties can stand, based on whether or not they are deemed to be "criminals, terrorist, thugs". Who is going to decide this I wonder? Suthep or someone in his camp? (not to mention that all of the epithets you use fit Suthep, Abhisit and co. like a glove.

The only democracy the anti-government protesters want is North Korea style.

The Thai Chamber of Commerce has urged the caretaker government to suspend performing its duty to pave the way for negotiations before national reform and prevent the collapse of the economy.

Suthep you beauty, way to go you are hitting them in the pocket book, and they are beginning to squirm. The Shin clan is going down for the third time, throw them an anchor.

Hmmm I wonder if an international court could investigate the corruption of Y/L and your best buddy Suthep, Just who do you really think would come out looking like SH*T??? YU'P your right Suthep, Just take a look at his history and why he had to be removed from the DEM'S by his own MP's...

It's common knowledge just which highly influential people has backed him, that's why every time some one points a finger at him they get shut down very quickly...

If this guy was in a real democracy and did not have his protectors then he would have been locked years ago...

• Like 1

Conclusion

No need even say more

Before the 2011 elections, Thai people knew that a vote for Yingluck was a vote for Thaksin. He declared that she was his "clone" and she did absolutely nothing to dispel this. Thaksin's enemies have had years to make their point about him to the country. The fact that PTP won the election means that the electorate has judged the alternatives to be even worse (pretty accurate in my view). Like it or not, the wishes of Thai voters should be respected.

It is not a question of whether or not I know more about law than the "learned judges". It is a question of whether or not they blatantly close their eyes to the facts of cases put in front of them, to advance the agenda of their political allies. Look at their ruling that the PDRC were not attempting to overthrow democracy, even though their self-proclaimed aim is an unelected People's Council.

You say I don't have an open mind 555 why am I even on this forum then? I read the pro-yellow editorials in The Nation. But the thing is, the more of them I read, and the more Blue Sky I watch, the lower my opinion of Suthep and the Democrats sink.

Lastly, how do I support dictatorship if I want elections???

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Conclusion

No need even say more

"Elections" and "voting" take place in North Korea does that make North Korea a "democracy ?

If you don't permit a vote, it's not a democracy.

So the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade is on board with reforms before elections and the Govt "stepping down". Very interesting. Are they in PDRC/Dem/Anti-Govt's pockets too? What do you think fab4?

The Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade know business. They do not know the country and they do not know politics. Worse, they are deluded. They have no idea what the real cause of the country's problems are because if they did they would not be making unrealistic statements about reforms before elections. The country's value systems, including their own, have to be changed to achieve meaningful reforms. And you cannot do that in a few months. It takes years and probably at least a generation.

Thaksin Shinawatra? He was quite successful in business as I recall....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

Conclusion

No need even say more

Oh dear, North Korea. In North Korea the electorates votes cannot select the government, nor eject it if they choose. In Thailand they can select the government and eject it (through the ballot box) if they choose.

The fact that the Thai electorate consistently choose a government of which you disapprove does not mean that it is remotely like North Korea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

It's very simple.

If you want to see serious social disorder that could eventuate into something close to civil war, support Suthep and his very minority, illegal, unconstitutional, mob rule tactics.

If you don't, then be like the rest of the majority in Thailand who are hoping that sanity with prevail.

In my opinion this is now way, way beyond Thaksin but for sure certain obsessives on here will be unable to see that.

• Like 1

It's very simple.

If you want to see serious social disorder that could eventuate into something close to civil war, support Suthep and his very minority, illegal, unconstitutional, mob rule tactics.

If you don't, then be like the rest of the majority in Thailand who are hoping that sanity with prevail.

In my opinion this is now way, way beyond Thaksin but for sure certain obsessives on here will be unable to see that.

Sanity will not prevail while you have the Shins around, and nothing is beyond Thaksin---HE THINKS. He is not here to stop the court from doing their job.

It's very simple.

Sanity will not prevail while you have the Shins around, and nothing is beyond Thaksin---HE THINKS. He is not here to stop the court from doing their job.

Obsessive, but never mind.

Have a pleasant evening.

It's very simple.

Have a pleasant evening.

Always do thanks...................you seem to have more problems than me at this moment in time, or should I say your party.

As I have always said I do not need to be one side or the other --better to denounce corruption get rid once and for all -yes step down in near 3 years you have wrecked the nation. Your stance is defending PTP. that's why I said you have the worries I don't. My pet hate is mismanagement of state funds when your elected to take care.

It's very simple.

Have a pleasant evening.

Always do thanks...................you seem to have more problems than me at this moment in time, or should I say your party.

As I have always said I do not need to be one side or the other --better to denounce corruption get rid once and for all -yes step down in near 3 years you have wrecked the nation. Your stance is defending PTP. that's why I said you have the worries I don't. My pet hate is mismanagement of state funds when your elected to take care.

Sadly but clearly you are wrong.

Please can you point to one post of mine defending PTP ???

One will do or otherwise please apologise for your mistaken assumption.

My pet hates are idiots who make assumptions,mismanagement of state funds and the use of snipers by government forces on unarmed civilians and medics

Thaksin Shinawatra? He was quite successful in business as I recall....

Most monopolies in a rising global economy are !

Conclusion

No need even say more

If you don't permit a vote, it's not a democracy.

If a government doe's not run according to democratic promise as elected---(abuse of power-flouting the law-funds missing-etc) it therefore fails to be democratic.