Out-of-control Jet Skis collide with parked motorbikes in Central Pattaya

webfact

Out-of-control Jet Skis collide with parked motorbikes in Central Pattaya

jet-ski-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Early on Friday Morning CCTV captured a bizarre road accident which left 4 motorbikes damaged after they were struck by Jet Skis which had come loose from a trailer behind a pick-up truck.

The incident occurred just after 8.30am. Khun Somgiet aged 38 was driving his pick-up with Jet Ski’s being towed behind, towards the Bali Hai Port in South Pattaya, when the Jet Ski’s came off the trailer and struck the parked motorbikes causing damage to each of the parked bikes which had been left in front of the Sao Puthai Restaurant on Pattaya Third Road.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/123270/out-of-control-jet-skis-collide-with-parked-motorbikes-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-29

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the trailer was unroadworthy and unregistered.

Stop thinking like a western copper. Registered trailer? Roadworthy?

By the look of the photos the tow hitch came away from the lumps of wood being used as the bed of the trailer. Who wants to speculate as the driving qualities at the time?

• Like 2

Knowing how the Pattaya Police support the jet ski mafia, they will have no doubt decided that the parked motorbikes will have to pay for the damage to the jet skis as it was their fault. Any motorbikes owned by or rented out to farangs will have to pay 3 times the amount of compensation.

bikes not taxed or registered owner does a runner.thumbsup.gif

I'm truly disappointed in this story. From the headline I was just sure that 2 farangs were racing their rented jetskis and launched them from the sea onto the road - landing on parked motocyes.

Yes me also. Lol

Jb1

• Like 1

Quick, get it in the water and rent it out! Rent the motorbikes too, falang pay for everything!

Yes ! In Pattaya it shouldn't be too hard to find some farang geniuses willing to rent damaged motorbikes and mangled jet skis! Look for the ones drooling copiously. Double the price and tell them it's a 20% discount. If they're wearing shoes they won't be able to count past ten anyway.

homer-simpson.jpg?w=500Ha Ha. I just got a motorbike, a large roll of duct tape and a DIY jet ski kit for 20% off. Dang, I'm too clever for these dumb locals!!

Edited by Suradit69

It could hardly hit anything other than motor bikes, there are no parking spaces for other vehicles in Pattaya. Are the 200,000 motor cycles parked in Pattaya owned by workers ???? if so it shows why there is 0% unemployment.

If near all are rentals then Pattaya city council should remove them to private premises to run their business from, and leave the spaces for kerb parking, and restrict that to timed parking in certain areas.

How many Jet skis were being towed ??? I have seen a TRAIN of jet skis 6 in number in a line at one time.

• Like 1

Now its time for the motorcylcle owners to ask for crazy amounts to fix their bike inflate it 10 times and ask compensation for days that the bikes are getting repaired..

Ok ill stop dreaming.. but it would have been poetic justice.

"Now its time for the motorcylcle owners to ask for crazy amounts to fix their bike inflate it 10 times and ask compensation for days that the bikes are getting repaired.. "

Ah, makes you sort of home sick for western style swindles & deceit, hmm? Lawyer up and game the system to the max (while moaning about scams in Thailand).

they shouldn't have parked their bikes there.

I'm happy no-one got hurt, but I get a bit of satisfaction out of this report. Will it make any difference to how those dickheads tow their contraptions to and from the beach? I doubt it.

I live near Soi Watboon in Jomtien and witness a lot of idiotic and irresponsible behaviour by the jetski operators when I drive on that busy Soi early morning and in the evening. They seem to think they own that stretch of road without any regard to other cars or bike riders. I suppose it's another case of TIT and we just have to put up with it. smile.png

Edited by Northpoint

Now its time for the motorcylcle owners to ask for crazy amounts to fix their bike inflate it 10 times and ask compensation for days that the bikes are getting repaired..

Ok ill stop dreaming.. but it would have been poetic justice.

"Now its time for the motorcylcle owners to ask for crazy amounts to fix their bike inflate it 10 times and ask compensation for days that the bikes are getting repaired.. "

Ah, makes you sort of home sick for western style swindles & deceit, hmm? Lawyer up and game the system to the max (while moaning about scams in Thailand).

I see sarcasm is lost on you.. not surprising actually .

Bets on whether the Jetski Operators want any farang motor bike owners to pay for damage to the Jetski?

Well if they hadn't parked their bikes there the accident wouldn't have happened.

The usual mai bpen rai incompetence.

No safety chains on the trailers, bad hitch, or didn't check the bolt holding it on.

Edited by animatic