Health Insurance Comparison

trawler

Ok have been researching the various options for Health Insurance as will be 60 this year and have a choice between HealthCare International and NZIhealthcare Ultracare,around Us$3500 per year and its worldwide excluding the USA.So my question to the members is does anyone have any experience with either of these 2 companies and any comments please.Thks

Not knowing your requirements fully I would suggest a product from Allianz which is designed for S.E.A. is a good option.

As an example a full payment policy for >60 with a cover of USD1m (approx. 32,500,000 Baht) would be USD2,000 (approx.65,000 Baht).

There are other plans at a lower premium e.g. full payment again but with a USD 5000,000 benefit cover.

Note these plans from Allianz are in USD as they fully cover S.E.A. countries as well as Worldwide for emergencies.

For more information please go HERE

I use HealthCare International but on reaching age 66 they held my premium at some US$2,500pa but reduced my benefits (with no claims) to US$25k.

Strikes me it's cheaper to self insure with maximum benefits 10x annual premium..

I would like to ask if any good insirance comany here in Thailand and they provide international coverage? I heard about AIA and Bupa , but did not go in detail,

once at time, I heard from some of my friends there is a package to pay around 3000 THB, as a deposite and insurance, and after 20 years they will pay is back or on monthy basis, I did not ask for further details as it was long time ago, I did not also reme,ber what was about,

I will appreciate if any advises provided.

I'm with HealthCare International but have an inpatient-only policy. Luckily I have not needed to claim since joining 5 years ago so I can't say how good they are.

"

just wait for the moment you need them. Good luck!

I joined BUPA thailand when I was 62 years old and foiund them to be very good, on three occassions I was an inpatient and they paid direct with out any problem. Unfortunately because I joined after I was 60 years they ceased cover at 70 year old.

Now I have Health care International and it is very expensive, here in Thailand you are restricted to a few hospitals where they cover payments direct. I have used them once as an inpatient where I had to pay myself and reclaim from them, it took almost three months to get reimbursed which is a bit hard to bear plus you aleays seem to lose on the exchange rates.

So if I was 60 today I would not hestitate to buy BUPA thailand as they cove rjust about every where.

Good hunting

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with HealthCare International but have an inpatient-only policy. Luckily I have not needed to claim since joining 5 years ago so I can't say how good they are.

"

just wait for the moment you need them. Good luck!

Do you have a reason to post such a remark? Please enlighten us.

Reason for such a remark? Claims in Thailand may be denied because the applicant signed a form acknowledging the statement below and the insurance company did not bother to determine if true or false until the first big claim came in and then said Nix.

REMINDER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE, Ministry of Commerce: The applicant must truthfully answer all questions. Any concealment or misrepresentation of the truth may result in the insurance company refusing to honor insurance claims, as per clause 865 of the Civil and Commercial Code.

Reason for such a remark? Claims in Thailand may be denied because the applicant signed a form acknowledging the statement below and the insurance company did not bother to determine if true or false until the first big claim came in and then said Nix.
REMINDER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE, Ministry of Commerce: The applicant must truthfully answer all questions. Any concealment or misrepresentation of the truth may result in the insurance company refusing to honor insurance claims, as per clause 865 of the Civil and Commercial Code.

Not sure if this is an answer to my post above it or not since it was not quoted. But as it says "such a remark?" and my question to another poster asked the question I will assume it is an answer. As such I cannot understand it. I am a member of HCI and no where have I signed to the effect above as you suggest??

So my question remains, unanswered afaik.