Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, special bundle plan B300/month

Hmmmmmm....I'm still using CS4 and find that it does everything I need it to do and

I own it! Mind you I'm sure that ACC works well and may folks will jump on the offer

but what I want to know though is this...Why?

Hmmmmmm....I'm still using CS4 and find that it does everything I need it to do and

I own it! Mind you I'm sure that ACC works well and may folks will jump on the offer

One reason: Compatibility! Between the older versions and the new operating systems. Today not an issue but future . . .????

If you have CS4 you can't open and work with a raw file from any new camera Edited by larsjohnsson

If you have CS4 you can't open and work with a raw file from any new camera

Yes you're correct...but I also use LR5x, NikFx & DxO Labs too so I have no

problems processing RAW. To me it's like this...Adobe comes out with some

fancy new shit every year and "you gotta have it" to be current....BS on that

logic mates...all Adobe wants is your money. Same logic for most camera makers

too.

• Like 1

One reason: Compatibility! Between the older versions and the new operating systems. Today not an issue but future . . .????

Stix...the future is always gonna be a problem! I mean...like what long term storage medium

or format will be around in say...50 years? What's gonna be the latest thing in 2 more years?

Will paper money be of any value in 5 more years? We've (TV Photogers) talked about this

and similar stuff in gear threads...the thing about tomorrow is, is that nobody knows didley

squat...save for some really interesting speculative ideas that just may be correct in the end.

Y'all can go ahead and support Adobe every year...I'm sure Adobe will be very pleased with

all of you...hah!

• Like 1

Ways to edit RAW files in earlier versions of APS...like in CS4.

If you have both LR & PS on your computer.

Open the .nef file in LR you want to work on then right click on the file
and select "edit in Adobe Photoshop"...provided you have Photoshop
installed on your computer that is.

You will be prompted to select one of these two choices...
Render in Lightroom
Open Anyway

Select Render in Lightroom.
If you don't select this option weird stuff may happen!

Use PS to do your fancy stuff then render it in LR when done.

Or do this...
Get Adobe's DNG converter and convert your .nef files to .dng files and
work from that format in PS.

What is DNG format? Digital negative. An industry standard format
where multiple cameras of different makes & models are used. It's
the same as RAW...and us in the press corps use it daily. The latest

DNG converter from Adobe is version 8.3 and it's a 154 MB download.

Hope this helps somebody.

NB...edit to fix some cockups caused by very tired eyes.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 1

i use cs5 with bridge

also have cs 6 on computer, an lightroom 4.3 but never use it

will NEVER pay a monthly fee for adobe, once they get you, your locked in for life and they can charge whatever thye wish

when u get a new camera an what ever cs your using does not support it, cant you just update the raw plugin?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone tried to buy this 300 baht a month subscription? When I try to buy it, it says 3600 baht/year (300 x 12) BUT then in the checkout process they change that to 104 GBP? Thats not 3600 baht by a long shot more like 5000.

PS I live in Thailand not the UK

reply from adobe customer support

XXXXX: Thank for waiting, I would like to inform you that the charges display 300 baht are excluding taxes and when you checkout then the local taxes are applied because of which the price rises

So you have to pay 5500 baht for this 3600 baht package in Thailand. According to Adobe

The usa prices are certainly cheaper than the uk prices, 3.6 to 5k sounds about right.

And the pricing is based on the country of your card address, presumably you are using a uk credit or debit card which means uk rates(and taxes).

Not sure if Thailand is any cheaper, 13%vat less in theory, though you will need a thai card capable of online payments, not just an address.

Has anyone tried to buy this 300 baht a month subscription? When I try to buy it, it says 3600 baht/year (300 x 12) BUT then in the checkout process they change that to 104 GBP? Thats not 3600 baht by a long shot more like 5000.

I subscribed using my Thai credit card and Thailand address. The price is 300 baht a month and there is no charge for tax.

I subscribed using my Thai credit card and Thailand address. The price is 300 baht a month and there is no charge for tax.

Thanks for that Rabbit,

I have raised another CR ticket with Adobe on this and will let the forum know what they respond.

rip off.

anyone with minimal skills can get by with earlier versions.

(just my opinion before i get nasty responses)

You can get by with old versions. I'm a photographer and like to have the latest versions. They also have many features that you don't have in the old ones. You can't even open or work with raw files from new cameras if using older versions. And you can use one subscription for both Apple & Windows. Which you couldn't with the old software. And what's 300 baht a month for the two top softwares for a photographer. I probably spend 20 times as much just drinking coffee and beer every month. Edited by larsjohnsson
  • Like 2

Still no further reply from Adobe, and their support chat server is up and down hourly which seems very poor. So I created a new Adobe ID and exactly the same thing, the cost now reads "300(3600) baht + local taxes" and the final price is still about 5500 baht. This is using a Thai address.

It finally worked. I set up my third Adobe CC account in a week and for some reason, this time it came up as 300 baht within no taxes. I think I may have been going wrong by not setting the account up initially through the Adobe SEA site (which has a very dated look to it), but by going there via the main adobe page and then selecting SEA in the location drop down.

All is roses in the garden again.

• Like 1

It finally worked. I set up my third Adobe CC account in a week and for some reason, this time it came up as 300 baht within no taxes. I think I may have been going wrong by not setting the account up initially through the Adobe SEA site (which has a very dated look to it), but by going there via the main adobe page and then selecting SEA in the location drop down.

All is roses in the garden again.

I had the same problems setting it up and paying for it from the UK. Took three goes before it accepted the payment card.