Thousands of Thai anti-government protesters march in Bangkok

webfact

Wow

With numbers like that the PDRC must be so excited by the chance of a new election, they are bound to win.

Well said....but you should understand, the PDRC are not a political party....plus they do not want elections until reform....

In last election only 1/3 of eligible voters choose one of the 53 political parties. 2/3, the majority did not vote, were vote-no ballots or invalid.

Was that the same election that showed a majority of people who did vote, voted for the PTP?

Was that the same election that was disrupted by the Anti-Democrat forces.

Was that the same election that has now been made void because it was not held on the same day throughout Thailand when every other election in the last 20 years has not been held on the same day throughout Thailand?

edited to remove middle quote as over limit.

Nope... wrong again.

The majority were 12 million

8 million of 20 million who voted PTP is NOT the majority.

12 million either never voted for PTP or registered a NO VOTE the other 20 million refused to vote because they support reforms first.

Even your lies are totally 'see-through'.

Argue with that if you can.

Edited by YourNemisis

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

March seems to be stalling at Si Ayutia/Pria Thai junction. Suthep and about 1000 protesters are nearing Royal plaza, then a big gap to the main march which is very big 9over 10,000) people. There is some kind of holdup at the Junction.

Are you close by and can see all of this?

Some people keep stating that Numbers are not important, oh really, why is then you use the very same numbers to state there's now a majority who want reforms before elections ??

The true numbers are from all across Thailand in either a non impeded referendum, or unimpeded election, then the numbers will be more significant, until then, it's spin, spin an more spin.. If you have a Majority, prove this by letting the elections run.. if not.. well the wheel will keep on turning and nobody will go anywhere fast and the people who's opinions do matter, as in the Thais, will still not get their say.

I have told Dr. Bruce a million times not to exeggurate.

As Mary said to Joseph "Do not exaggerate, It was good but no way was it Immaculate"

Just got home, it was bliddy hot out there.

Edited by Dr Bruce
  • Like 1

so how many against 20mln voters and millions, who were prevented from voting?

You mean the 20 million of which around 50% voted NO, and the rest were a couple of million for assorted parties and 8 million buffalos for the PTP.

The ones obstructed were not PTP strongholds and I think the 2% in some provinces that turned out in the re-runs says it all really.

The real majority are speaking.

Not the 8 million MINORITY!!!!!!!!!

The other 40 MILLION VOTERS!

Well over a million on the streets, and the rest voted with their feet.

Of the 40 million in un-obstucted areas, 20 million did not even bother to vote. 10 million who did voted NO and the other 8 million who didn't get the chance to vote would be pretty much all NO votes, and not a single vote would have been PTPO anyway.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it pal.

and your 4th post after registration. The rest posts of the posts are also on politics.

what's the problem londonthai? don't you have an answer, you can only criticise the number of post??

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

YourNemisis, on 29 Mar 2014 - 12:48, said:
londonthai, on 29 Mar 2014 - 12:40, said:

You mean the 20 million of which around 50% voted NO, and the rest were a couple of million for assorted parties and 8 million buffalos for the PTP.

The ones obstructed were not PTP strongholds and I think the 2% in some provinces that turned out in the re-runs says it all really.

Of the 40 million in un-obstucted areas, 20 million did not even bother to vote. 10 million who did voted NO and the other 8 million who didn't get the chance to vote would be pretty much all NO votes, and not a single vote would have been PTPO anyway.

Yeah the voter turn out after being ask to stay away was a rejection , as U said, voted with their feet , if the 40 mill wanted to vote they would have trampled the blockers into the ground. Rayong did not have problems and only 10 percent came out to vote ,I do believe

Edited by chainarong
  • Like 2

Almost 2 hours in since the front marchers took off and there are still hundreds of thousands of marchers still waiting at Lumpini to start marching.

This is going to be the biggest yet.

you don't mean it's going to be more than 6mln from the december scientific count?

You're not happy with that?

This news just in.........66.5 million people show their support for democracy and the elected government by boycotting Suthep's silly little parade!

Stupid news--Spalpeen did not read the posts of eligible persons not able to attend the rally.

Business aged schools prisons tourist workers police army immigration air force navy hospitalized hospital staff, and the rest----not forgetting the ones that would like to attend but have not the money to do so.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

YourNemisis, on 29 Mar 2014 - 12:48, said:
londonthai, on 29 Mar 2014 - 12:40, said:

Yeah the voter turn out after being ask to stay away was a rejection , as U said, voted with their feet , if the 40 mill wanted to vote they would have trampled the blockers into the ground. Rayong did not have problems and only 10 percent came out to vote ,I do believe

Rayong did have big problems, that is why they had to include it in the first lot of Re-Runs a couple of weeks ago

• Like 2

So, in a country with a population of approx 66.7million, if he is lucky to get 1 million (.015%), he thinks he speaks for the "majority" of the Thai people?

Gotta love Thai logic and "new math". coffee1.gif

If in a country of 66.7 Million people, spread over an area of 514.000 sq kilometer, you can encourage 1 million people to travel to a certain place for a protest, you can say they represent a majority

No you can't.

Of course you can

So, in a country with a population of approx 66.7million, if he is lucky to get 1 million (.015%), he thinks he speaks for the "majority" of the Thai people?

If in a country of 66.7 Million people, spread over an area of 514.000 sq kilometer, you can encourage 1 million people to travel to a certain place for a protest, you can say they represent a majority

No you can't.

Of course you can

You certainly can.

I guess we'll have to see how many the redshirts can muster in the big rally they've got planned before we can gauge the true levels of support.

Always assuming they don't cancel it after this PDRD showing.

That would hardly be a fair comparison since the Red Shirts wouldn't have the handicap of being threatened by acts of terrorism while marching.

Seeing the violence perpetrated against anti-government protestors since... well, since Thaksin's days, I think it does take some measure of courage to show up.

This news just in.........66.5 million people show their support for democracy and the elected government by boycotting Suthep's silly little parade!

Stupid news--Spalpeen did not read the posts of eligible persons not able to attend the rally.

Business aged schools prisons tourist workers police army immigration air force navy hospitalized hospital staff, and the rest----not forgetting the ones that would like to attend but have not the money to do so.

You're right about money being the issue here. 500 baht a head doesn't get you much of a mob these days. Good suggestion about the prisons too. If they let them out I'm sure a few would go to the parade.

so how many thousands against 20mln voters, millions, who were prevented from voting and millions intimidated by armed and violent mob?

These are more civilized and orderly than Red Shirt. It shows the level of education. for my money I rather the educated people make decisions than uneducated at anytime

i love the "Too Stupid to Vote" argument. They always set the IQ bar a couple of points below thier own level.

well we let you come in here and post so it must be set pretty low to begin withw00t.gif

• Like 1

Wow

With numbers like that the PDRC must be so excited by the chance of a new election, they are bound to win.

The buffalo in the room.

Am I the only one watching bluesky?

They are still waiting at the start to begin marching, and the front have already reached the Royal Plaza... truly breath-taking support for the PDRC.

Can't wait to see what the reds produce next week..... lol

The crowds on the street may have dwindled, but it shows on a one day rally, they have lost NO support at all... In fact it seems to be growing.

• Like 2

so how many thousands against 20mln voters, millions, who were prevented from voting and millions intimidated by armed and violent mob?

If you want to quote stupid and irrelevant figures then you should refer to the majority of voters that DIDN'T vote for Yingluck

The Democrat Party hasn't won a general election since 1992. That's almost as long as the last time Arsenal won a Cup (1994). That's pretty sorry and sad.

• Like 2

you realize pro thaksin provinces were caught in previous elections on camera - changing out the voting ballots?

its well known, look it up. Better yet hit up google translate and look it up in Thai.

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 2

these turnouts are MUCH bigger than the red shirt rallies ;)

No you can't.

Of course you can

Whether you can or cannot say that 1m people localised in one place represents the majority is irrelevant. What you definitely can say is that it represents a significant portion of society that, whether they be the minority or majority, should have a proportionately significant portion of the say in which their country is run.

• Like 1

I guess we'll have to see how many the redshirts can muster in the big rally they've got planned before we can gauge the true levels of support.

Always assuming they don't cancel it after this PDRD showing.

That would hardly be a fair comparison since the Red Shirts wouldn't have the handicap of being threatened by acts of terrorism while marching.

Seeing the violence perpetrated against anti-government protestors since... well, since Thaksin's days, I think it does take some measure of courage to show up.

They would have a far bigger gang to be careful of now wouldn't they. Which would be fair enough I guess given that some of their followers seem to be a bit more "hardcore".

Am I the only one watching bluesky?

They are still waiting at the start to begin marching, and the front have already reached the Royal Plaza... truly breath-taking support for the PDRC.

Can't wait to see what the reds produce next week..... lol

The crowds on the street may have dwindled, but it shows on a one day rally, they have lost NO support at all... In fact it seems to be growing.

I am watching BlueSky.

The Royal Plaza is half full and they just showed a shot of Suthep leaving lumpini.

From I saw earlier and am seiing now I would guess that it is aroung 10.000. 8000 marchers and 2000 guards.

these turnouts are MUCH bigger than the red shirt rallies wink.png

I am waiting for the head of the UDD ...for his enlightened comment on today's turn-out. Failing that, a retraction from Mr C for predicting 30,000 people today.

If you want to quote stupid and irrelevant figures then you should refer to the majority of voters that DIDN'T vote for Yingluck

The Democrat Party hasn't won a general election since 1992. That's almost as long as the last time Arsenal won a Cup (1994). That's pretty sorry and sad.

LOL ..